RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock)

Go down 
+6
ECH257
boosted-ser
Disco
LordofChaos
dibsen
lgnd6
10 posters
AuthorMessage
lgnd6

lgnd6

Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock) Empty
PostSubject: Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock)   Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock) EmptyFri 01 Feb 2008, 2:34 am

I decided to put this in the trash talking section because I am almost sure it will turn into a debate. The reason for doing this is because my mind was sparked during a previous friendly debate and I wanted to actually research and compare the two cars. That plus I was bored and this is something that I find to be very fun because I am a nerd and hope to do this as a living one day. Anyway, I spent alot of time(around 3-4 hours) and hard work doing this research and calculations. I tried to average all of my stats and back them up with at least 5 resources. I used the average stats to make averaged calculations too to make it as true as possible. As hard as is was in the beginning, I removed all bias either way and I am glad I did. I learned just how good of a car the spec V is. If you don't agree with any of the info, let me know and give me at least 3 sources I can refer to. I tried to do my best to make it as legit as I could. It turns out that the two cars are pretty even matched as far as actual performance goes. The reason there is always two figures on the spec v is because I read from multiple sources that the ratings given by Nissan were a little higher than what most were observing in private testing. I was pretty suprised to find out that the Spec V had around the same MEP and really suprised that it had as high of VE as it did. I mean, the VE isn't as good as that of the gsr but what can you do? Cool . Anyway, here you go...

Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock) Untitl10

** The weight was the hardest to find a definate answer on. The range that I got for both cars was HUGE. So I averaged about 10 weights for each car to come up with these ones.
^ The power to weight ratios are based on the average curb weights shown.

The 0-60 and 1/4 mile were pretty ranged as well. Not to mention this part has alot to do with weather, altitude, track conditions, and driver. So I would say it is safe to conclude that these cars are about equal and that it would be a damn good race between the two.

However, taking into consideration alot of the facts, I am still convinced that the Honda is better engineered. The sentra is still really good though with a VE of around 90-95%. The Specs have also seemed to have a ton of recalls and things of the sort with problems such as some bolt coming loose in the intake manifold and being sucked into the engine, the pre-cat problem that alot have where the pre-cat breaks up and because of the cam timing has a chance to revert back into the combustion chamber. I have read that alot of engines have had to be replaced and that Nissan kept doing "band aid" fixes just to allow the warranty to run out and not actually fixing the problem.

So, my arguement is that despite the Spec V being a good performer, Honda engines are still engineered better than the QR25DE.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tabeasterlyismyhero

PostSubject: Re: Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock)   Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock) EmptyFri 01 Feb 2008, 2:46 am

Slow.
Back to top Go down
dibsen

dibsen

PostSubject: Re: Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock)   Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock) EmptyFri 01 Feb 2008, 8:01 am

I doubt an integra weighs 2700lbs prob closer to 22-2300. maybe some weighed w/ a 500lb driver.

I just googled and was surprised to see 2,6xxlbs. I just don't know where all that weight is coming from.
Back to top Go down
LordofChaos

PostSubject: Re: Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock)   Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock) EmptyFri 01 Feb 2008, 9:04 am

wiring, sensors, power this/that.

typical of any newer cars these days. they are weighing more and more

a pontiac solstice only weighs 100 lbs or so less than a c6 vette. thats why the ls7 swap into one didnt take on very well.... there wasnt really a point.

I wholeheartedly agree with birdy. SLOW
Back to top Go down
http://www.injectedvids.com
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock)   Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock) EmptyFri 01 Feb 2008, 9:21 am

Wow SHane you have waaayyyyyyyyyy to much time on your hands bro. Ohhh yeah when you gonna see that nitrous kit???????
Back to top Go down
lgnd6

lgnd6

PostSubject: Re: Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock)   Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock) EmptyFri 01 Feb 2008, 12:21 pm

The point of this wasn't to show that these were fast cars or not. It was to show how well each of these cars were. The MEP is damn good on both of these cars seeing as they are both that high from the factory on an NA car. The corvette z51 only has an MEP of 165.66PSI. That shows you how much good engineering went into both of these cars. Also, very few cars make as much HP/liter as honda engines do. And sure it's not hard to find a car with well over 100% VE if they are forced induction.

Joey said it best when he said that honda engineers are the best engineers in the world.

Last edited by on Fri 01 Feb 2008, 2:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
lgnd6

lgnd6

PostSubject: Re: Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock)   Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock) EmptyFri 01 Feb 2008, 12:24 pm

Disco wrote:
Wow SHane you have waaayyyyyyyyyy to much time on your hands bro. Ohhh yeah when you gonna see that nitrous kit???????

When am I gonna see the nitrous kit? I see it everyday. Ohh...did you mean sell? Well, I am not selling it. At least for a while.
Back to top Go down
boosted-ser

PostSubject: Re: Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock)   Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock) EmptySat 09 Feb 2008, 6:17 pm

the spec v is fun to drive it has alot of tq. and a lsd.i made 140whp and 151tq. bone stock.they r fun to boost i made 320 whp and 299tq at 10psi on stock internals 360whp is about the limit on a stock engine.the six speed tranny is a drawback.
Back to top Go down
ECH257

ECH257

PostSubject: Re: Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock)   Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock) EmptySat 09 Feb 2008, 8:23 pm

all those calculations are null and void with a crappy driver.
Back to top Go down
low95nissan

low95nissan

PostSubject: Re: Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock)   Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock) EmptySun 10 Feb 2008, 12:19 am

my money would go to the nissan probly cuz im bias lol
and it acually has torque Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/joe_87_ty
sonicblueinteg

sonicblueinteg

PostSubject: Re: Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock)   Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock) EmptySun 10 Feb 2008, 11:16 am

i raced a senter se-r in fortwalton the other day.. i waxed him.
probley my custom made intake.. or my honda emblems huh?
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock)   Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock) EmptySun 10 Feb 2008, 11:28 am

You gotta remember that most street racing can be determined by whos more retarded and willing to get in deep trouble.
Back to top Go down
sonicblueinteg

sonicblueinteg

PostSubject: Re: Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock)   Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock) EmptySun 10 Feb 2008, 12:03 pm

well i was not trying to race him.. i rolled down my window to look at his rims..
out of no where he gets on it when the light turns green. i never said anything or asked to race.
it was out of the blue, but i had to show him what was up.. *shrug*
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock)   Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock) EmptySun 10 Feb 2008, 12:05 pm

I wasnt baggin on ya man its cool
Back to top Go down
sonicblueinteg

sonicblueinteg

PostSubject: Re: Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock)   Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock) EmptySun 10 Feb 2008, 12:08 pm

alright.
Back to top Go down
Evo_Stone

Evo_Stone

PostSubject: Re: Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock)   Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock) EmptySun 10 Feb 2008, 5:54 pm

i think the nissan would win
Back to top Go down
robbie2883

robbie2883

PostSubject: Re: Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock)   Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock) EmptyMon 11 Feb 2008, 12:51 pm

there are ALOT of things you're not taking into consideration. first and formost is the transmission and the lsd....the spec has a tight geared lsd transmission. the gsr does not. then let's get into the engine. VE is a mute point. VE changes and varies at different loads and rpm intervals. not to mention that VE as well as MEP are all manipulated by compression ration....which the gsr has a higher compression ration then the 9.5-1 spec-v. also check your numbers in the power to weight ratio...those tq numbers don't look right. nobody ever said the gsr had a bad engine...it's a very well built engine.....but put a turbo on both engines and the honda can't hold a candle....and again

what good is 400 hp if you've only got 150 tq?
Back to top Go down
robbie2883

robbie2883

PostSubject: Re: Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock)   Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock) EmptyMon 11 Feb 2008, 1:15 pm

CORRECTED power to weight ratios

GSR
0.064 hp per pound / 0.048 ftlb torque per pound

Spec-V
0.065 hp per pound / 0.066 ftlb torque per pound
Back to top Go down
lgnd6

lgnd6

PostSubject: Re: Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock)   Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock) EmptyMon 11 Feb 2008, 1:24 pm

Yeah I know there was alot more factors than what I did. The gsr tranny isn't bad either. I know gearing can make a huge difference. I almost got into the whole tranny aspect of it all but decided to go to bed instead. I didn't realize the spec had lsd...thats pretty awesome. And what doesn't look right about the pwr to wt. ratios? The torque calculations are way in favor of the spec...the gsr has to carry 20.89pounds per lb-ft of torque where the spec has only 15.05pounds per lb-ft. That is alot better than the gsr.
Also, I never said that anybody said the gsr was a bad engine. Actually, nobody ever said anything about a gsr engine...just honda engines in general. And as far as the varying VE and MEP, I realize that they do vary, but that is why I said everything was averaged and generalized. I get the feeling that you(robbie) feel like I am haten on the spec. However, it is quite the contrary! Because of this endeavor, I discovered how sweet of a car it actually is and I am interested in learning more about them. Before this, I didn't really know anything about them. Haha.
Back to top Go down
lgnd6

lgnd6

PostSubject: Re: Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock)   Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock) EmptyMon 11 Feb 2008, 1:26 pm

robbie2883 wrote:
CORRECTED power to weight ratios

GSR
0.064 hp per pound / 0.048 ftlb torque per pound

Spec-V
0.065 hp per pound / 0.066 ftlb torque per pound

Oh okay...

I was just writing it different. haha. I was doing pounds per horsepwer...not hp per pound.
Back to top Go down
robbie2883

robbie2883

PostSubject: Re: Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock)   Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock) EmptyMon 11 Feb 2008, 1:32 pm

nah man....i never thought you hated on specs....was just backing up the statememnt that there are better 4 cylinder platforms out there. i believe your comment was originally "there's not a better 4 cylinder on the market"
Back to top Go down
lgnd6

lgnd6

PostSubject: Re: Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock)   Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock) EmptyMon 11 Feb 2008, 1:42 pm

I think I said 1.8l 4 cylinder...but I might not have. Anyway, "better" is so relative. What defines better? It depends on what you want it to do. Specs may very well be better platforms for boost. But boost is too easy! I have always been one to think that high revving vtec hondas should stay all motor. I think drag racing in pretty rad...but honestly, I think circuit racing or auto-x kicks the piss out of drag. Which is "better" in auto-x? Or maybe you want the "better" gas mileage.
So, I would say that you may very well be correct as being a better boost platform.

But at least hondas aren't sucking bolts into the engine and having a bunch of recalls! haha...jk...but serioulsy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
robbie2883

robbie2883

PostSubject: Re: Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock)   Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock) EmptyMon 11 Feb 2008, 1:56 pm

not just boost! mod mod for...the spec will kick the gsr's ass. except in who's got the higher redline. team cunningham raced the spec for several years in the scca n/a. and seeing that you can throw and 80 shot on the spec and break 300 wtq...i'd say it's pretty good on the n/a front too....as for gas milage...i make over 400 whp and still get 39 mpg on the highway.....now if you want to get into reliability after being beaton on...i think the honda would edge it out.
Back to top Go down
lgnd6

lgnd6

PostSubject: Re: Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock)   Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock) EmptyMon 11 Feb 2008, 3:39 pm

Maybe mod for mod too. That would make sense because if the MEP's are the same, the larger displacement motor will always make more. 200psi MEP on a 2.5 liter will always be more power than 200psi MEP on a 1.8 liter. That is why they say no replacement for displacement.
I also wasn't hinting that I thought the gsr had better gas mileage. Just any car in general...there are cars that get way more than 39mpg that are slow as crap but some people think those cars are better. I was just using that as an example to demonstrate how "better" is relative to what you are talking about.
I know nitrous isn't forced induction, but I wouldn't say that it is n/a.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock)   Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock) Empty

Back to top Go down

Integra GSR vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (both stock)
Page 1 of 1