RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I need some help tuning my DSM.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dsmtnr

dsmtnr

I need some help tuning my DSM. Empty
PostSubject: I need some help tuning my DSM.   I need some help tuning my DSM. EmptyTue 05 Feb 2008, 1:03 am

I just finished getting everything installed on my 92 Talon. I'm running a big 16G turbo, FMIC, and A LS-1 MAF in the blow-thru setup. I have a MAF Translator, Walbro 255 fuel pump with 550 injectors. I'm tuning thru a Pocket Logger from OBDloggers.com. I have the MAF-T setup in the basic setting. I'm having trouble tuning my Mid, High and WOT ranges. If anyone has ever tuned with a MAF-T your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Greg
Back to top Go down
robbie2883

robbie2883

PostSubject: Re: I need some help tuning my DSM.   I need some help tuning my DSM. EmptyTue 05 Feb 2008, 9:59 pm

greg, i can help ya tune it if you want. when is good for you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need some help tuning my DSM.   I need some help tuning my DSM. EmptyTue 05 Feb 2008, 11:02 pm

Do you have a wideband?
Back to top Go down
dsmtnr

dsmtnr

PostSubject: Re: I need some help tuning my DSM.   I need some help tuning my DSM. EmptyWed 06 Feb 2008, 3:25 am

No wideband. All I have is the datalogger. I was hoping to tune with my fuel trims. Robbie, I just need to get my exhaust finished, whitch should be Fri. Sat. or Sun. is good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need some help tuning my DSM.   I need some help tuning my DSM. EmptyWed 06 Feb 2008, 3:37 am

Haha...

Uhh, get a wide band and then worry about tuning. A wide band is a must on any mod'd car. Especially a turbocharged one.
Back to top Go down
98vtec

PostSubject: Re: I need some help tuning my DSM.   I need some help tuning my DSM. EmptyWed 06 Feb 2008, 9:05 am

you cant do any kind of tuning without knowing how the changes you are making effect the engine. Blind tuning will only make you end up with a blown motor. Especially if you are blind tuning WOT. If you get boost creep or a lean spike out of no where, you run the risk of detonating and grenading all your money down the drain.
If you dont know how to do it correctly, pay someone who knows how and has the tools to do so.
Back to top Go down
dsmtnr

dsmtnr

PostSubject: Re: I need some help tuning my DSM.   I need some help tuning my DSM. EmptyWed 06 Feb 2008, 4:59 pm

Thats why I have the datalogger. It'll show me everything but a wideband signal. I've read how to tune through it using fuel trim, O2 voltage, timing, and an EGT signal(witch I have a Gauge). A Wide band will be coming soon just moneys tight with both my kids birthdays coming doon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need some help tuning my DSM.   I need some help tuning my DSM. Empty

Back to top Go down

I need some help tuning my DSM.
Page 1 of 1