RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Race850.com FAQ and Information

Go down 
+3
bthepennyswife
dylanc5
Disco
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Race850.com FAQ and Information Empty
PostSubject: Race850.com FAQ and Information   Race850.com FAQ and Information EmptyFri 15 Feb 2008, 10:14 pm

There is a website that I go to that uses the same company as forumotion and recently, they just got hacked. Now, this could've been prevented if they had full control of the site and had a backup of their database, but forumotion will not allow you to do so.

Now, Me and Disco has been trying to push this issue for the longest period of time and soon enough it will come.

We will begin with the first phase which is getting the host and starting it up.

Now once up we will have the phpbb up on that website and everyone will be ask to re sign up again. Yes, you have heard it right, RE SIGN UP. Which means all posts will be back to 0, zero, nadah, ball. Why? Like I said forumotion does not allow you to back your database up so that means we don't have control of ours.

Sorry for this big inconvenience for everyone but it will be a whole lot better in the end. That is a promise.

After we get a fundraiser going on we will begin the second phase which is transferring phpbb to vbulletin which will give us more control of the website.

Another topic I want to hit is, we hate asking people for money but if inside your kind heart you decide to donate a few bucks we will be more than happy to accept it. No worries guys, this will not go to the Crystalle for us over the weekend, it will go straight to the race850 bank account. (No not our pocket, literally it is a bank).

Another thing that we might start is once you donate a certain amount of money you will get a @race850.com email account. Something to ponder upon.

Thanks for all the support and hopefully you continue to support us. Hang on tight guys, it might be a bumpy ride but it will benefit us towards the end.

We will keep you posted on the updates.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race850.com FAQ and Information   Race850.com FAQ and Information EmptyFri 15 Feb 2008, 11:20 pm

I already said id pay for the vbulliten, what do we need to get this thing going? like immediatly? and if people care that much about their post counts(ME) lol, we can simply give them the same number of posts they had over here.

let me know what we need to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race850.com FAQ and Information   Race850.com FAQ and Information EmptySat 16 Feb 2008, 12:22 am

vB ftw.

nuf sed.
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Race850.com FAQ and Information   Race850.com FAQ and Information EmptySat 16 Feb 2008, 8:04 am

As big of a Pain in the neck this sounds like it really needs to happen. Now that were nearing the 300 member mark we need to make it happen. Yukio has been warning me for a long time about the seriousness of not having our own dedicated server. Well its deffinantly time to get moving on the whole program.

I know we will loose alot of mermber numbers but thats just fine with me. The members we will be loosing are the ones that never long on anyway so its no real loss. We have close to 100 users logging in daily to check out and be a productive part of our local community. Those are the important users that I am sure will go ahead and re register because they love the site and what it does for out community.

Cliffy if you really wanna pay for V-buliten then you and Yukio need to exchange some info and get that ball rollin. Maybe we wont even have to waste our time setting the site up with phbb.

Heres another sugestion. Yukio you said right now we can do a redirect from the .com to the forumotion adress right? What I was thinking we should do is set up the redirect asap. We will make a post on here telling all our members to change the forumotion adress to the .com in ther favs or wherever they have it. I have the forumotion adress set as my home page, so when the .com redirect is set up I will go in and change the adress so the day the actual .com comes up online you can drop the redirect and we will all go straight through to the new site. Can that be done with the .com being built at the same time is the real question?
Thanx again to our devoted members.
Back to top Go down
dylanc5

dylanc5

PostSubject: Re: Race850.com FAQ and Information   Race850.com FAQ and Information EmptySat 16 Feb 2008, 11:34 am

how much do you have to donate to get a @race850.com email?

cause i've had the same email since 5th grade and i need a new one
and that sounds sweet
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/_constantine666

PostSubject: Re: Race850.com FAQ and Information   Race850.com FAQ and Information EmptySat 16 Feb 2008, 11:36 am

After all my bitching about servers and vB...

Haha, bout time.
Back to top Go down
bthepennyswife

bthepennyswife

PostSubject: Re: Race850.com FAQ and Information   Race850.com FAQ and Information EmptySat 16 Feb 2008, 11:50 am

I can donate if its needed at all. Someone just send me an message on here. Let me know.

I love the site. I am actually starting to learn stuff about cars that I otherwise wouldn't have ever know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cherish5683
troysc300

troysc300

PostSubject: Re: Race850.com FAQ and Information   Race850.com FAQ and Information EmptySat 16 Feb 2008, 1:01 pm

Do we have a paypal account set up for donations yet?
Back to top Go down
dijitil

dijitil

PostSubject: Re: Race850.com FAQ and Information   Race850.com FAQ and Information EmptySun 17 Feb 2008, 9:29 pm

Cant you just do some url forwarding right now from race850.com to the forumotion url and just upload you site when its done as the index.html that should allow ppl to just goto the .com for the time being
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race850.com FAQ and Information   Race850.com FAQ and Information EmptySun 17 Feb 2008, 10:10 pm

yeah its gonna happen
Back to top Go down
RSXHottie

RSXHottie

PostSubject: Re: Race850.com FAQ and Information   Race850.com FAQ and Information EmptySun 17 Feb 2008, 10:20 pm

when is the time range thats is to be expected?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race850.com FAQ and Information   Race850.com FAQ and Information EmptyMon 18 Feb 2008, 1:14 pm

soon...

itll be discuss upon again and we'll press through.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race850.com FAQ and Information   Race850.com FAQ and Information EmptyTue 26 Feb 2008, 4:41 am

no.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race850.com FAQ and Information   Race850.com FAQ and Information EmptyTue 26 Feb 2008, 12:02 pm

Monday.
Back to top Go down
Dain

Dain

PostSubject: Re: Race850.com FAQ and Information   Race850.com FAQ and Information EmptyTue 26 Feb 2008, 1:28 pm

about damn time
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/talon4show
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Race850.com FAQ and Information   Race850.com FAQ and Information Empty

Back to top Go down

Race850.com FAQ and Information
Page 1 of 1