RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Moving Brake Lines into the cabin

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

Moving Brake Lines into the cabin Empty
PostSubject: Moving Brake Lines into the cabin   Moving Brake Lines into the cabin EmptyTue 04 Dec 2007, 11:38 am

I hate clutter in the engine bay so im moving the prop valve and lines into the cabin.

I hate needless clutter in the engine bay so heres the second step to cleaning it all up. The first step was stripping everything out of the engine bay so when I reinstall the freshly built motor I will only replace what the engine needs to run properly. So im moving the majority of the brake lines into the cockpit under the dash. Heres a couple beginning shots.

This one shows the lines and prop valve in the stock location and in the way.
Moving Brake Lines into the cabin S8000910

this next one is of the firewall minus some of the lines and the prop valve. And the freshly drilled hole in the firewall.
Moving Brake Lines into the cabin S8000911

I put the hole here because there is a natural bend in the lines right at this spot and I would have to manipulate the lines less.
Moving Brake Lines into the cabin S8000912

I have picked a nice spot inside the cockpit just over the ecu. There is a nice bracket already on the firewall, it does look like im going to mount the prop valve upside down but I dont think it will affect it at all. Ill sand blast the prop valve to make it look new as well as all the nuts and bolts going back into the car. More pics and progress tomorrow.So heres a little more progress today. I have been working on this car in small spurts and trying to be meticulus (sp) but I get impatient if I try to acomplish too much at once.

Today I ordered the master bushing set of energy suspension bushings in black.

I sand blasted both the master cylinder and the prop valve today. Everything that was on this car was covered in red clay and a little rust so instead of buying new parts im making them look new. you gotta like how I plugged the holes in the prop valve for the sand blasting

Moving Brake Lines into the cabin S8000915

I remounted the BB and MC to get the lines realigned. You can see where the lines go in the car.
Moving Brake Lines into the cabin S8000917

heres where the prop valve is mounted now
Moving Brake Lines into the cabin S8000916

And heres what the passenger side looks like now
Moving Brake Lines into the cabin S8000918

heres the final pics of the brake line move.

Heres what the bay looks like without the prop valve and lines.
Moving Brake Lines into the cabin S8000919

And I know its not the cleanest job in the world but it does the job and frees up room in the bay. And if the dash was back in place youd never see it.

Moving Brake Lines into the cabin S8000920
Back to top Go down
LaydOut

LaydOut

PostSubject: Re: Moving Brake Lines into the cabin   Moving Brake Lines into the cabin EmptyTue 04 Dec 2007, 12:48 pm

looks clean
Back to top Go down
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

PostSubject: Re: Moving Brake Lines into the cabin   Moving Brake Lines into the cabin EmptyTue 04 Dec 2007, 6:37 pm

very nice man, i might actually try that one, but i know that once i try it i won't be happy with just moving those and i'll wind up doing alot more. just got to make sure i got the time for it. kudos though on a job well done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moving Brake Lines into the cabin   Moving Brake Lines into the cabin Empty

Back to top Go down

Moving Brake Lines into the cabin
Page 1 of 1