RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Detailing Disaster...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lgnd6

lgnd6

Detailing Disaster... Empty
PostSubject: Detailing Disaster...   Detailing Disaster... EmptyTue 19 Feb 2008, 6:55 pm

So, some of you have maybe read my thread on how to wash properly. If so, you know how much I HATE swirly marks. Well. Last time I washed and waxed my car was the first time since new paint. I finished up when the sun was going down and it looked super good. I even took some pics that night which are somewhere on the site. Well a day or two later, I noticed something looked weird about my car. Turns out, in direct sunlight or under a street light, there are swirls like crazy. They are so bad that it looks like wax is all over the car. The paint looks super good and deep color at certain angles and in indirect light but most of the time you can see tons of swirl marks.

The ONLY thing I did different this time was used a different pad to wax with. I was at my girlfriends house and she didn't have one of the diaper cloth things that I normally wax with. She had some round pad that slides on your hand. It wasn't something that I would have ever wanted to use given a choice...but I didn't have anything else so I figured it should be okay. It was a little dirty but I cleaned it out as best as I could. The swirls are definately from waxing though...I don't wash in circles. So I don't know if it is because my clear coat was not as hard as it should be yet because of the paint being new and it scratched really easy, or if the pad had dirt in it I couldn't see, or if some pollen or something settled on my car by the time I had began to wax. Whatever the case...it looks terrible. They aren't very deep at all though so I am hoping with a good buff that I can get them out. However, I don't have a good buffer.

Has anybody ever had this happen before? Could it be because it is new paint? And would someone be willing to help me out with a good buffer? I have one from Wal-Mart but it is terrible.

P.S. I will try to get pictures later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tabeasterlyismyhero

Detailing Disaster...
Page 1 of 1