RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hydrolock FTL....

Go down 
+9
98vtec
Greatgulley
Moose
RSXHottie
stxsrt
LaydOut
Dapper_Dan
imlowrthnu
Dan
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

Hydrolock FTL.... Empty
PostSubject: Hydrolock FTL....   Hydrolock FTL.... EmptyThu 21 Feb 2008, 4:42 pm

So coming home today threw the typhoon i decided to take my normal route home. Apparently i wasnt paying attention and it was deep as shit. Being the tard i am, i have a pretty low sitting CAI. I almost made it threw the ocean like puddle and my car died. I was like shit. Not thinking, i decided to crank it...no go. GG Dan, way to end a shitty day at work.

Now i have never hydrolocked a motor befor, and i always hear its pretty much a rebuild if you do so. Any tips to try to revive it before i have to scrape up money i don't have to fix this?
Back to top Go down
imlowrthnu

imlowrthnu

Hydrolock FTL.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrolock FTL....   Hydrolock FTL.... EmptyThu 21 Feb 2008, 4:50 pm

What Kind of Car?
I recommend Pulling the Spark Plugs out and turning it over with no plugs in it, and hopefully you will shoot all of the water out of there, Replace the Plugs... And See if it'll fire Up.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.restylersinc.com
Dapper_Dan

Hydrolock FTL.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrolock FTL....   Hydrolock FTL.... EmptyThu 21 Feb 2008, 4:52 pm

imlowrthnu wrote:
What Kind of Car?
I recommend Pulling the Spark Plugs out and turning it over with no plugs in it, and hopefully you will shoot all of the water out of there, Replace the Plugs... And See if it'll fire Up.....

+1, it was a bad idea to try to crank it over tho. hopefully you didnt bend a rod....

with the plugs out and turning it over it will shoot out like a water gun so dont stand near it.

you should be fine... change your plugs and oil afterwards and make sure there isnt alot of watter in your intercooler
Back to top Go down
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

Hydrolock FTL.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrolock FTL....   Hydrolock FTL.... EmptyThu 21 Feb 2008, 4:56 pm

Yeah i don't even know what i was thinking trying to turn it over again...just in a rush to get home. I have a feeling its fucked tho...knowing my luck it probably is.
Back to top Go down
Dapper_Dan

Hydrolock FTL.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrolock FTL....   Hydrolock FTL.... EmptyThu 21 Feb 2008, 5:05 pm

same thing happened to this guy i used to work with and he actually tried to crank it a few times....and his runs just fine now..... i guess you wont know untill you get the water out...
Back to top Go down
imlowrthnu

imlowrthnu

Hydrolock FTL.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrolock FTL....   Hydrolock FTL.... EmptyThu 21 Feb 2008, 5:15 pm

Dapper_Dan wrote:
imlowrthnu wrote:
What Kind of Car?

+1, it was a bad idea to try to crank it over tho. hopefully you didnt bend a rod....

with the plugs out and turning it over it will shoot out like a water gun so dont stand near it.

you should be fine... change your plugs and oil afterwards and make sure there isnt alot of watter in your intercooler

Yea, Oil as well, I forgot to Mention that one, But yea, Stand Back.... But I have done this before and tryed to turn it over before pulling the plugs and still had a good running car after.... Try it out before bein negative, Come On man, Glass Half Full! LOL
Back to top Go down
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

Hydrolock FTL.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrolock FTL....   Hydrolock FTL.... EmptyThu 21 Feb 2008, 5:49 pm

Well i cranked it and a bit of water shot out. Im going to buy new sparkplugs and will take the intercooler off this weekend. Wish me luck and thanks for the tips.
Back to top Go down
imlowrthnu

imlowrthnu

Hydrolock FTL.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrolock FTL....   Hydrolock FTL.... EmptyThu 21 Feb 2008, 5:50 pm

No Problem Man, Hope The Best For Ya......
Back to top Go down
LaydOut

LaydOut

Hydrolock FTL.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrolock FTL....   Hydrolock FTL.... EmptyThu 21 Feb 2008, 7:03 pm

that sucks dan, sorry to hear that
Back to top Go down
stxsrt

stxsrt

Hydrolock FTL.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrolock FTL....   Hydrolock FTL.... EmptyThu 21 Feb 2008, 7:40 pm

Sucks, hopefully it works out..Also invest in splash shield it's like 19 bucks
Back to top Go down
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

Hydrolock FTL.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrolock FTL....   Hydrolock FTL.... EmptyThu 21 Feb 2008, 8:14 pm

stxsrt wrote:
Sucks, hopefully it works out..Also invest in splash shield it's like 19 bucks

I had one, but it ripped off when my inner fender well plastic crap came apart from the bumper. And the amount of water i went threw i dont think that splash guard would have helped lol
Back to top Go down
RSXHottie

RSXHottie

Hydrolock FTL.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrolock FTL....   Hydrolock FTL.... EmptyThu 21 Feb 2008, 8:19 pm

I feel your pain buddy. Ha after lunch I was driving back and I hit a huge puddle and my car just died. I was of course was cussing like a sailor!!! Called a tow company and had them come get me. Apparently the taking the spark plugs thing out works. Whatever was in there shot out and then they did an oil change for me! My little car is all better!!! I am so car stupid its not funny, luckly the company I called knew what the hell was going on. Smile Good luck to you buddy.
Back to top Go down
Moose

Moose

Hydrolock FTL.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrolock FTL....   Hydrolock FTL.... EmptyThu 21 Feb 2008, 8:30 pm

RSXHottie wrote:
I feel your pain buddy. Ha after lunch I was driving back and I hit a huge puddle and my car just died. I was of course was cussing like a sailor!!! Called a tow company and had them come get me. Apparently the taking the spark plugs thing out works. Whatever was in there shot out and then they did an oil change for me! My little car is all better!!! I am so car stupid its not funny, luckly the company I called knew what the hell was going on. Smile Good luck to you buddy.

hooray for success stories!

any update dan??
Back to top Go down
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

Hydrolock FTL.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrolock FTL....   Hydrolock FTL.... EmptyThu 21 Feb 2008, 8:33 pm

naw gonna work on it tomorrow. Ill let you all know how it goes.
Back to top Go down

Hydrolock FTL.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrolock FTL....   Hydrolock FTL.... EmptyThu 21 Feb 2008, 8:35 pm

Dang, you got zapped.
Back to top Go down
Greatgulley

Greatgulley

Hydrolock FTL.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrolock FTL....   Hydrolock FTL.... EmptyThu 21 Feb 2008, 9:15 pm

I WANT GAS MONEY HO!!! jk
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blackspyda13

Hydrolock FTL.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrolock FTL....   Hydrolock FTL.... EmptyFri 22 Feb 2008, 2:17 am

damn dude sorry to hear that shit. that sucks, the only nice srt4 down. bleh.

if it is down, time for that DCR stroker lol.

let us know how it goes man. seems like our whole house wont be driving any time soon lol.
Back to top Go down
98vtec

Hydrolock FTL.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrolock FTL....   Hydrolock FTL.... EmptyFri 22 Feb 2008, 2:29 am

time to pull the head and oil pan off. its possible that the engine is salvageable, it just really depends on what kind of damage was done.
Back to top Go down
bthepennyswife

bthepennyswife

Hydrolock FTL.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrolock FTL....   Hydrolock FTL.... EmptyFri 22 Feb 2008, 11:56 am

RSXHottie wrote:

Glad it is fixed. Smile Stay away from those lakeish puddles. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cherish5683
robbie2883

robbie2883

Hydrolock FTL.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrolock FTL....   Hydrolock FTL.... EmptyFri 22 Feb 2008, 3:46 pm

any updates dan? i feel for ya bro!
Back to top Go down
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

Hydrolock FTL.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrolock FTL....   Hydrolock FTL.... EmptySat 23 Feb 2008, 6:50 pm

So i go to take off my couplers, and OMG i think there had to be atleast 2 gallons of water in all my piping and intercooler! I was soooo worried when i saw all of it i was about to asy fuck it and price out some parts. But since i already bought some oil and sparkplugs i decided to service all of it. Well apparently god doesn't hate me, and because the car runs perfectly fine Very Happy. Altho im still going to do a compression test just to make sure. Thanks for all the help dudes Cool
Back to top Go down

Hydrolock FTL.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrolock FTL....   Hydrolock FTL.... EmptySat 23 Feb 2008, 7:48 pm

Holla, thats good to hear man. i bet that was a relief.
Back to top Go down
Greatgulley

Greatgulley

Hydrolock FTL.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrolock FTL....   Hydrolock FTL.... EmptySat 23 Feb 2008, 8:26 pm

HAHA YEEEEEEAAAAAAH BUH BUH!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blackspyda13
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

Hydrolock FTL.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrolock FTL....   Hydrolock FTL.... EmptySat 23 Feb 2008, 9:11 pm

good for you
Back to top Go down
robbie2883

robbie2883

Hydrolock FTL.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrolock FTL....   Hydrolock FTL.... EmptySun 24 Feb 2008, 9:49 pm

great dan...glad to hear she's ok
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hydrolock FTL.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrolock FTL....   Hydrolock FTL.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Hydrolock FTL....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS :: General :: Randomness-
Jump to: