RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

cranks but no start HELP ME!!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nissanfreak

nissanfreak

cranks but no start    HELP ME!!!! Empty
PostSubject: cranks but no start HELP ME!!!!   cranks but no start    HELP ME!!!! EmptyFri 22 Feb 2008, 9:40 pm

I hope that this is in the right part of the forum, i've just reasembled my project 240sx.
I performed a head job, Ie. .5mm oversized valves, 5 angel valve job, new titainium spring seats, new titainium retainers, new uprated valve springs, new BC V3 cams, .002" shaved head, .015" thick(compressed) MLS Cometic headgasket. I have double checked the cam 2 crank timing, and the distibutor timing. Put a noid light on all injectors And all were good. The injectors are good because the plugs are soaked in fuel(i let it dry up before trying to start again). All plugs firing. Fuel is getting to the fuel rail. I simply cannot figure out what the problem is!!!
It is ironic because i'm nissan factory trained and certified!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is Killing me PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!
cranks but no start    HELP ME!!!! 207204

Last edited by nissanfreak on Fri 22 Feb 2008, 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: cranks but no start HELP ME!!!!   cranks but no start    HELP ME!!!! EmptyFri 22 Feb 2008, 10:03 pm

im sure some one on here can help you figure it out, if i had time id do some searching for you.

and before all the spelling nazi's get to you, you should probly go change all your "Kuz's" to because, "soked" to soaked and what not.
Back to top Go down
98vtec

PostSubject: Re: cranks but no start HELP ME!!!!   cranks but no start    HELP ME!!!! EmptyFri 22 Feb 2008, 10:10 pm

how much bigger are these cams compared to stock?
Back to top Go down
nissanfreak

nissanfreak

PostSubject: Re: cranks but no start HELP ME!!!!   cranks but no start    HELP ME!!!! EmptyFri 22 Feb 2008, 10:30 pm

Yah thank's for the grammer reminders man. and the cams stock are as follows: 203 (I) / 207 (e) Duration measured @ .050" lift; .344"/.357" lift, The new cams read as follows: 226/226 degrees duration measured @ .050" lift; .401"/.401" lift. I have advanced the intake cam 2.5 degrees and retarded the exhaust cam 2.5 degrees.
Back to top Go down
nissanfreak

nissanfreak

PostSubject: Re: cranks but no start HELP ME!!!!   cranks but no start    HELP ME!!!! EmptyFri 22 Feb 2008, 10:36 pm

So basicly the cams are large but not extreme. Also i forgot to mention that i have checked the compression on all cylinders and found no stragglers. all body grounds are in place, and battery is good(as in enough cranking power). and all fuses have been double checked!! cranks but no start    HELP ME!!!! 689105
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: cranks but no start HELP ME!!!!   cranks but no start    HELP ME!!!! EmptyFri 22 Feb 2008, 10:43 pm

main engine relay? starter relay?
Back to top Go down
98vtec

PostSubject: Re: cranks but no start HELP ME!!!!   cranks but no start    HELP ME!!!! EmptyFri 22 Feb 2008, 10:58 pm

stock engine computer i presume?

have you tried the gears at 0,0?
Back to top Go down
nissanfreak

nissanfreak

PostSubject: Re: cranks but no start HELP ME!!!!   cranks but no start    HELP ME!!!! EmptySun 24 Feb 2008, 9:32 pm

Thanks for the help but no i haven't tried stock cam timing yet but is a definite next on the list. It sucks because i've just left for Cali to work @ the exon refinery in the torrence area of LA so i cannot currently work on the car! But on the positive note i can visit some cool shops, warehouses and what-not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cranks but no start HELP ME!!!!   cranks but no start    HELP ME!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

cranks but no start HELP ME!!!!
Page 1 of 1