RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

About the site

Go down 
+6
Disco
Reign_Maker
tonkatruck66
Dapper_Dan
GSRCivic
ails98
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

About the site - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the site   About the site - Page 2 EmptyMon 03 Dec 2007, 4:47 pm

You should join up with me.

About the site - Page 2 Sarcasm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: About the site   About the site - Page 2 EmptyTue 04 Dec 2007, 1:50 am

lol you guys are to much.
Back to top Go down
joaquin03

joaquin03

PostSubject: Re: About the site   About the site - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Dec 2007, 12:23 am

The side profile that everyone sees should have a "Drives:whatever vehicle"

So you'll have

Name:

Drives: xxx xxxxx
Back to top Go down
Reign_Maker
Admin
Reign_Maker

PostSubject: Re: About the site   About the site - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Dec 2007, 2:35 am

joaquin03 wrote:
The side profile that everyone sees should have a "Drives:whatever vehicle"
Drives: xxx xxxxx
Clifford wrote:
this isnt vbulletin we are limmited to what we can do.
We are still working on some things... If it can be done, it will be...
Back to top Go down
Dain

Dain

PostSubject: Re: About the site   About the site - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Dec 2007, 4:14 pm

Oh how I love new forums, me being the big forum whore that I am. I haven't looked around too specifically just yet but I can say this site could use some work.

The look of it. It looks way too........I just got this free forum layout...I guess. Check out some nice themes/skins for the site to set it apart. The top banner is nice and all but I think something much better could be done. Right now its just like an image just chillin up top. Again, a nice theme can help this out. If I can make a "ProBoards" forum look good there damn sure is hope for this "phpBB-like" style.

Sections, totally agree with Birdy. I have started a forum myself before and I personally think that this forum has WAY too many sections to start off with. Add them as they become necessary. A good way to do a quick growth of a forum from the start is a lot of posting on few topics. It makes people feel that others are very interested in their topics. But, with so many sections its hard to get a lot of attention, its too spread out.

This is not a bash session, just some site suggestions. I am no n00b to forums and now how this all works. I am down to help in any way possible.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/talon4show
Dain

Dain

PostSubject: Re: About the site   About the site - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Dec 2007, 4:22 pm

Also, the posts per page count right now is terrible. Now this is more of a user preference as opposed to a whole site decision. I know a lot of people really like having to hit the "next page" arrow but I definitely do not and prefer 40. Maybe some sort of compromise at like 25? I don't know if a primitive forum such as phpBB can have that kind of selection.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: About the site   About the site - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Dec 2007, 5:08 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
Reign_Maker
Admin
Reign_Maker

PostSubject: Re: About the site   About the site - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Dec 2007, 1:34 am

Primative... Bastard... *grumble grumble*  About the site - Page 2 214402

Ok, 25 it is... I think I set it to 15, only because of loading speed... Some people have trouble loading 40 posts... But 25 is a fair comp, so I'll set it at 25...
Back to top Go down
Dain

Dain

PostSubject: Re: About the site   About the site - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Dec 2007, 2:31 am

Cool thanks Jake!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: About the site   About the site - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Dec 2007, 3:22 am

Yay.
Back to top Go down
Dain

Dain

PostSubject: Re: About the site   About the site - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Dec 2007, 2:35 pm

What the balls is with the page after you post. You usually can click INDEX, or BACK TO FORUM, or VIEW MESSAGE ect but it doesn't let you click anything.

Also, I don't MP people..I PM them Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: About the site   About the site - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Dec 2007, 3:45 pm

i also hate that its called mp i mean wtf is mp lol. nothing we can do about that one.
Back to top Go down
lgnd6

lgnd6

PostSubject: Re: About the site   About the site - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Dec 2007, 4:35 pm

Maybe it means "message people". And as far as the chat box goes...I have never seen anyone in it. I know people do I just have never seen it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tabeasterlyismyhero
Dain

Dain

PostSubject: Re: About the site   About the site - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Dec 2007, 4:55 pm

Message People....good try but its just backwards Wink
Back to top Go down
RSXHottie

RSXHottie

PostSubject: Re: About the site   About the site - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Dec 2007, 12:14 pm

How do you put a picture up?
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: About the site   About the site - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Dec 2007, 12:16 pm

Both are in the Profile section. Click Profile at the top then you have several sections to choose from...Avatar and Signature beging 2 of them...let me know if you need more help. afro
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/guitarchan16
Reign_Maker
Admin
Reign_Maker

PostSubject: Re: About the site   About the site - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Dec 2007, 1:48 am

Or, if you just want to post a pic to the site, like in a thread, just go to www.tinypic.com and use them, its the easiest I've found... When you upload a pic to tinypic, click the [img] code and paste it in the reply window...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About the site   About the site - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

About the site
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2