RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wanna run a Neon?

Go down 
+21
Reign_Maker
asuaruto~tenshi
hookandpull
BoostdDelSlow1
LordofChaos
Greatgulley
ls/vtecJon
Evo_Stone
girlyboostdlude
ho2nvda
SlowVDub
pwr trpn
FightersGarage
Dapper_Dan
little white crx
KongGMC
Srt_4_Jeramey
tonkatruck66
Disco
Dan
stxsrt
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna run a Neon?   Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 EmptyFri 07 Dec 2007, 6:28 pm

FightersGarage wrote:
ep3 > stage 3

Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 327526

Haha, Mac was telling me about that...
Back to top Go down
pwr trpn

pwr trpn

PostSubject: Re: Wanna run a Neon?   Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 EmptySat 08 Dec 2007, 9:29 am

Let's do it. I am ready whenever you are.
Get the video camera out!
-Dave
Back to top Go down
stxsrt

stxsrt

PostSubject: Re: Wanna run a Neon?   Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 EmptySat 08 Dec 2007, 12:43 pm

Srt_4_Jeramey wrote:
Why would someone want to run a neon????? I mean come on.

Hey it's a SRT-4 there buddy!!

lol! Stage 3 FTW
Back to top Go down
stxsrt

stxsrt

PostSubject: Re: Wanna run a Neon?   Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 EmptySat 08 Dec 2007, 12:46 pm

pwr trpn wrote:
Let's do it. I am ready whenever you are.
Get the video camera out!
-Dave

Bully!! Your cars prolly out of my league. On the other hand so have a lot of cars the srt has destroyed! So I'll bring the heat Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 353769
Back to top Go down
pwr trpn

pwr trpn

PostSubject: Re: Wanna run a Neon?   Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 EmptySat 08 Dec 2007, 3:43 pm

I have had my fair share of kills against Mopar Stage II's. Some were on the jug. The power level I am at now should be a good run against your Stage III Neon. When is the Skittle going to be back together?
-Dave

Last edited by on Sat 08 Dec 2007, 9:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanna run a Neon?   Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 EmptySat 08 Dec 2007, 3:47 pm

stage 3, ahem lol. come on dave READ. and i dont think he will be runnin 7.3s, but who knows.
Back to top Go down
pwr trpn

pwr trpn

PostSubject: Re: Wanna run a Neon?   Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 EmptySat 08 Dec 2007, 4:09 pm

Someone typed "STAGE 3 FTW" so I figuered that is what he has. If he has more, cool. If not, I feel sorry for his slow, shit talking ass! Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 311868
-Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanna run a Neon?   Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 EmptySat 08 Dec 2007, 4:11 pm

pwr trpn wrote:
I have had my fair share of kills against Mopar Stage II's. Some were on the jug. The power level I am at now should be a good run against your Stage II Neon. When is the Skittle going to be back together?
-Dave

you said stage 2 lol, thats all i was sayin.
Back to top Go down
pwr trpn

pwr trpn

PostSubject: Re: Wanna run a Neon?   Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 EmptySat 08 Dec 2007, 9:05 pm

Whoops, check again Clifford! I fixed it!
Stage whateva! Unless you are talking about nitrous stages, I don't give a damn what "factory stage" it is. Bring it STXSRT! Twisted Evil
-Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanna run a Neon?   Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 EmptySat 08 Dec 2007, 9:05 pm

i got moneys on dave lol
Back to top Go down
stxsrt

stxsrt

PostSubject: Re: Wanna run a Neon?   Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 EmptySat 08 Dec 2007, 10:00 pm

pwr trpn wrote:
I have had my fair share of kills against Mopar Stage II's. Some were on the jug. The power level I am at now should be a good run against your Stage III Neon. When is the Skittle going to be back together?
-Dave

Hopefully the following weekend, It should be a good run though, since I used to spank stg2 srt-4's when on stock turbo.

So telling me that you beat a stg2 does not impress me. How many stg2's are in the 850 anyway's?

I've only seen 2 and walked them a loong time ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanna run a Neon?   Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 EmptySat 08 Dec 2007, 10:02 pm

carefull Mac, dave cuts 7.3s at holt lol.
Back to top Go down
stxsrt

stxsrt

PostSubject: Re: Wanna run a Neon?   Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 EmptySat 08 Dec 2007, 10:07 pm

Clifford wrote:
carefull Mac, dave cuts 7.3s at holt lol.

I know, but this is the trash talking sec no?

It's all in fun win or lose Very Happy

This stg3 cuts 7xx in the 1/8 also enjoy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sle7O9g3bZo
Back to top Go down
pwr trpn

pwr trpn

PostSubject: Re: Wanna run a Neon?   Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Dec 2007, 10:05 am

I have yet to come acrossed an SRT4 that can hang with my current setup. Who knows, maybe you will be the first.
2800lb SRT4 with a trq curve that looks like a geriatric errection better have at least 450whp to make up for it to play with the big dogs. I don't doubt that they can be fast, though. That video porves it. But is YOURS that fast.
-Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanna run a Neon?   Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Dec 2007, 10:24 am

Mac's torque curve will probably be pretty damned good. The stageIII's turbo setup isn't that much bigger than stock. Upgraded compressor wheel and a slightly bigger exhaust housing, AFIK. Quick spool, hits hard, but doesn't fall off in the upper RPMs like the stock turbo would. Plus, methanol injection is getting very popular these days Wink
Back to top Go down
pwr trpn

pwr trpn

PostSubject: Re: Wanna run a Neon?   Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Dec 2007, 10:36 am

birdy wrote:
Mac's torque curve will probably be pretty damned good. The stageIII's turbo setup isn't that much bigger than stock. Upgraded compressor wheel and a slightly bigger exhaust housing, AFIK. Quick spool, hits hard, but doesn't fall off in the upper RPMs like the stock turbo would. Plus, methanol injection is getting very popular these days Wink

I would be courious to see when the trq really comes in on a dyno sheet. I know turbo's build it when the boost starts to increase, but at about how many RPM's on his small displacement. Should be interesting.

off topic, but:
Birdy, you remeber when Kenny and Dennis (blksrt4u) had the sickest Neons around? That was way back when!
-Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanna run a Neon?   Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Dec 2007, 10:59 am

Well, it's a 2.4L and that's pretty big as far as i-4's go and like I said, the turbo isn't that big so it hits hard. SRT-4's have been known to almost match their tq to hp which is pretty cool.

And yeah! Haha, a bunch of stock turbo neons running around that were fast. Then Kenny went and got a 60-1 and everyone was like "oooo, 400hp, no way!"

Ohhh, the days.
Back to top Go down
pwr trpn

pwr trpn

PostSubject: Re: Wanna run a Neon?   Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Dec 2007, 11:32 am

HAHA! Yeah, them were the days!
Who tunes the SRT4's around here? Is it all mail order?
-Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanna run a Neon?   Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Dec 2007, 11:34 am

They don't really have a specified tuner. The majority of neons owned these days are by high school kids that aren't going to be able to afford standalones so everybody uses Air Flow Converters. The most popular would be the Apex'i SAFC. Other than that, yeah. Either go standalone or get Mopar stages mailed to you with upgraded ECU's.
Back to top Go down
SlowVDub

SlowVDub

PostSubject: Re: Wanna run a Neon?   Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Dec 2007, 12:28 pm

I got walked by about 2 cars by a STG 2 SRT4 from 60-120mph when I first got my car. I was shocked at how fast they were and how many upgrades you could get through the dealer. Definetly good for straight line racing but hitting the curves are a different story. I read somewhere about how horrible there handling is stock-I'll have to look for it. But I'm sure with a good suspension setup it could be a great overall car. I see alot of younger people driving them but that has to be mainly due to the fact that for awhile it was the fastest car you could purchase under 20k.

What kind of boost can the engine handle before you have to do upgrades to the internals and what boost pressure does it run stock?
Back to top Go down
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Wanna run a Neon?   Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Dec 2007, 12:49 pm

Stage 3 is a very capable turbo, alot of people are in the 11's. Hell there are even a few people in the 11's stock turbo lol.

Also as for tuners, anyone who can operate an SAFC/DTEC of somesort can tune, beit they have some knowledge about KR/IDC/Ignition Advance/ and whatnot. I tune my car myself

Also rob, you are partially correct. In completely stock trim the srt-4 sucks complete balls in the corners. Altho the ACR edition of the neon comes a bit lower with adjustable struts stock to help a bit with cornering. After that the whole suspension system is easily modified and the neon isn't so bad around the corners anymore. I would look up some srt-4 track cars but im lazy.

Stock trim Srt-4's come with roughly 15psi stock, tapering to about 13psi to redline. Modified people with minor mods will squeeze out about 18ish if not doing any kind of fuel mods. Myself i run about 20-22ish depending on weather and how conservative i want my tune to be on know. Stock turbo can go to about 300ish WHP Peak, by peak i mean it gets lower as you get closer to redline since the 2.4 is too large for our little td04-15g we run. 400-450whp is possible on Stock Block. Highest i have seen is 507whp.
Back to top Go down
SlowVDub

SlowVDub

PostSubject: Re: Wanna run a Neon?   Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Dec 2007, 9:52 pm

Dan wrote:
Stage 3 is a very capable turbo, alot of people are in the 11's. Hell there are even a few people in the 11's stock turbo lol.

....400-450whp is possible on Stock Block. Highest i have seen is 507whp.

Holy Crap...Thats way more then I expected!!
I am definetly impressed at the power potential it has
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanna run a Neon?   Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Dec 2007, 11:48 pm

still not impressive to me on the stock block, k20a2 can handle the same and more on stock block, and hell its na from the factory.

ILU DANNY!
Back to top Go down
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

PostSubject: Re: Wanna run a Neon?   Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Dec 2007, 11:53 pm

you are all about the k20 aren't you. maybe one day i will go the way of the K
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanna run a Neon?   Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Dec 2007, 12:08 am

k20s and ls1s mmmmhm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanna run a Neon?   Wanna run a Neon? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wanna run a Neon?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next