RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to wash properly.

Go down 
+9
asuaruto~tenshi
danman132
tonkatruck66
joaquin03
Dan
lightin
Disco
Dain
lgnd6
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lgnd6

lgnd6

How to wash properly. Empty
PostSubject: How to wash properly.   How to wash properly. EmptyFri 07 Dec 2007, 6:30 pm

Just a few tips that can make a difference especially if you have a new paint job. I hate the look of swirly marks all over a car and this is a few things you can do to prevent swirlys not to repair or get rid of them. Alot of you probably know these but I just wanted to share with those who don't. If you care to add anything, then do.

1)Wash your car in the shade to where it is cool to the touch.

2)Its best to use two buckets. One with soap and one with just water. I would only use dish soap if you were trying to strip the surface of wax, other than that I would use car wash soap/shampoo.

3)Do not wash with a sponge or wrag if you can help it. Use a wash mit or something similar so the dirt has somewhere to go, not just around and around on your paint. To best prevent swirlys use a 100% natural mit. Synthetic fibers can scratch easier than natural stuff. I use some kind of animal fur mit(sorry peta folks). Oh and its good to have two mits too. That way you can wash the hood, roof and other highly visible parts with one and then the dirtier bottom parts with the other so you don't contaminate your good mit with dirt.

4)Make sure you thouroughly rinse off any loose dirt and dust.

5)Rinse out your mits just to make sure there is no dirt in them.

6)Dip your mit in the soapy water and then wash your car. However don't do what most do by going in circles. This is where alot of swirlys come from. Its best to go straight back and forth. This is because light scratches are only visible at 90* angles. Therefore, if a light scratch was to occur you would not be able to see it from every angle. Circle washing makes them visible from every angle.

7)Make sure you have alot of soapy water on the car and mit before you start washing too for good lubrication.

8)For extra precautions, some say it is good to only do 3-4 back and forth swipes before you rinse out the mit but I usually do a couple more, also my mit is double sided so I do twice as many before I rinse.

9)Do all the upper, more visible parts of your car first. Make sure to dip your mit into the water bucket first to get out any loose dirt before dipping it into the soap bucket because you don't want to contaminate the soap bucket with dirt.

10)Then use your other mit for the bottom, dirty, less visible parts.

11)Rinse everything very well.

12)Then dry making sure to still go straight back and forth. Use something that won't scratch. Hide works well.

-To make extra clean, refer to the claybar how to. And then wash again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tabeasterlyismyhero
Dain

Dain

PostSubject: Re: How to wash properly.   How to wash properly. EmptyTue 11 Dec 2007, 2:01 pm

I like my method better

-go to NICE looking carwash (none of that ghetto shit)
-put some money in for time
-pressure wash the scrubber
-rinse car
-soap and scrubber
-rinse car
-sock with holes for wheels
-old ripped towel for wheel wells
-more holey socks for exhaust tip and license plate
-dry somehow
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/talon4show
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: How to wash properly.   How to wash properly. EmptyTue 11 Dec 2007, 2:45 pm

Im with Dain on this one although its probably not the "propper" way to do it.
Back to top Go down
lightin

lightin

PostSubject: Re: How to wash properly.   How to wash properly. EmptyTue 11 Dec 2007, 3:31 pm

or just find a car wash with some hottys in lil tongs on or off and get it washed cheers How to wash properly. 311868 How to wash properly. 941794
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: How to wash properly.   How to wash properly. EmptyTue 11 Dec 2007, 3:42 pm

yeah I see those all the time How to wash properly. 559462
Back to top Go down
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

PostSubject: Re: How to wash properly.   How to wash properly. EmptyTue 11 Dec 2007, 8:13 pm

Haha.

But yeah i don't like going to car washes. Washing at home ftw! And 2 bucket method for the DoubleWIN!
Back to top Go down
joaquin03

joaquin03

PostSubject: Re: How to wash properly.   How to wash properly. EmptyTue 11 Dec 2007, 9:24 pm

hand wash every time.. the G deserves all the love she can get... car wash pressure washers and brushes FTL
Back to top Go down
tonkatruck66

tonkatruck66

PostSubject: Re: How to wash properly.   How to wash properly. EmptyTue 11 Dec 2007, 9:27 pm

sprinklers then highway. dont even have to do anything. just wash and drys it for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tacobell.com/

PostSubject: Re: How to wash properly.   How to wash properly. EmptyWed 12 Dec 2007, 2:16 am

your supposed to wash your vehicle nowadays? weird.
Back to top Go down
lgnd6

lgnd6

PostSubject: Re: How to wash properly.   How to wash properly. EmptyWed 12 Dec 2007, 2:31 am

I guess I am just a OCD wierdo then. I absolutely hate swirl marks! And the soap at those car wash places is usually pretty harsh soap. I am afraid of the ones where they wash it for you, thongs or not. I see the techniques and equipment they use and it usually is not how I want it done. However there are some very good detailing places but they are usually more pricey than I care to spend.

Dave: You have a white car so they(swirlys) are alot less visible.

Taylor: Sprinklers are my enemy...especially when I just detailed my car and then drive through Destin. Why do they water the street? Also, FW sprinklers are deadly, they will leave shiny tiger stripes on your paint and windows and it takes forever to get off.

Cliff: I see your point. Then again if I had a rattle can paint job, I wouldn't care either haha!

Dan and Joaquin: You guys know whats up.
cheers for hand wash.
Back to top Go down
Dain

Dain

PostSubject: Re: How to wash properly.   How to wash properly. EmptyWed 12 Dec 2007, 11:30 am

Well I like to handwash it just never have a place to do it. The new place I moved to allows for that so I will most likely do that more often. This first time out of the shop though, its going to need more than a pressure washer to get all the gust and grime off of it
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/talon4show
joaquin03

joaquin03

PostSubject: Re: How to wash properly.   How to wash properly. EmptyWed 12 Dec 2007, 5:31 pm

OH MY GOODNESS. i want to rip off the sprinkler heads in Destin!!!! every singly time, it never fails those damn sprinklers not only irritate me but being behind a car that splashes all the dirty road water all over my car!!!! i'm pissed just thinking about it!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

PostSubject: Re: How to wash properly.   How to wash properly. EmptyWed 12 Dec 2007, 8:15 pm

Thats why i HATE driving to destin, especially late at night. I've learned never to wash my car on Fridays and weekends since im more prone to going there on those days.
Back to top Go down
danman132

danman132

PostSubject: Re: How to wash properly.   How to wash properly. EmptyMon 17 Dec 2007, 3:37 pm

Dan wrote:
Thats why i HATE driving to destin, especially late at night. I've learned never to wash my car on Fridays and weekends since im more prone to going there on those days.

Most def. They water the roads instead of the grass ><
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/danman132x
lgnd6

lgnd6

PostSubject: Re: How to wash properly.   How to wash properly. EmptyMon 17 Dec 2007, 4:55 pm

joaquin03 wrote:
OH MY GOODNESS. i want to rip off the sprinkler heads in Destin!!!! every singly time, it never fails those damn sprinklers not only irritate me but being behind a car that splashes all the dirty road water all over my car!!!! i'm pissed just thinking about it!!! Twisted Evil

I got it down pretty good where I can make it home without getting splashed though...I have kind of learned where the bad sprinklers are though sometimes they still get me. As far as other cars splashing it up, I always make sure I am ahead of the pack of cars and if I'm not, I slow down until everybody passes me and I am by myself again before we get to any wet road. Haha!
Back to top Go down
asuaruto~tenshi

asuaruto~tenshi

PostSubject: Re: How to wash properly.   How to wash properly. EmptyMon 17 Dec 2007, 5:52 pm

Hey Taylor, my Z4 needs to be washed and detailed. You still up for doing it in a pink thong????

Any of you men wanna wash my car in some sexy booty shorts?? x)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/expendablemarionette

PostSubject: Re: How to wash properly.   How to wash properly. EmptyMon 17 Dec 2007, 6:21 pm

oo pick me i love wearing booty shorts in winter.
Back to top Go down
joaquin03

joaquin03

PostSubject: Re: How to wash properly.   How to wash properly. EmptyMon 17 Dec 2007, 8:47 pm

lgnd6 wrote:
joaquin03 wrote:

I got it down pretty good where I can make it home without getting splashed though...I have kind of learned where the bad sprinklers are though sometimes they still get me. As far as other cars splashing it up, I always make sure I am ahead of the pack of cars and if I'm not, I slow down until everybody passes me and I am by myself again before we get to any wet road. Haha!

i do the same thing!!!
Back to top Go down
joaquin03

joaquin03

PostSubject: Re: How to wash properly.   How to wash properly. EmptyMon 17 Dec 2007, 8:48 pm

asuaruto~tenshi wrote:
Hey Taylor, my Z4 needs to be washed and detailed. You still up for doing it in a pink thong????

i'll can hook your car up... minus the booty shorts
Back to top Go down
ls/vtecJon

PostSubject: Re: How to wash properly.   How to wash properly. EmptyMon 17 Dec 2007, 8:54 pm

word hand washing ftw much cleaner as well
Back to top Go down
asuaruto~tenshi

asuaruto~tenshi

PostSubject: Re: How to wash properly.   How to wash properly. EmptyMon 17 Dec 2007, 9:59 pm

joaquin03 wrote:
asuaruto~tenshi wrote:

i'll can hook your car up... minus the booty shorts

Aww come on. The booty shorts will be HAWT!!!!! Hehehe!
Back to top Go down
bthepennyswife

bthepennyswife

PostSubject: Re: How to wash properly.   How to wash properly. EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 12:26 pm

hubby told me to come read this topic, he says that I wash the car all wrong. haha. I never knew there was a certain way to wash a car. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cherish5683
asuaruto~tenshi

asuaruto~tenshi

PostSubject: Re: How to wash properly.   How to wash properly. EmptySun 23 Dec 2007, 9:01 pm

You and me both, girl.

And awe, I love your siggie. That's cute <33
Back to top Go down
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

PostSubject: Re: How to wash properly.   How to wash properly. EmptySun 23 Dec 2007, 10:24 pm

there is the proper and effective way of washing a car and then there is taylors way. the reason that sprinkler water is bad is because it's reclaimed water, meaning it's cleaned but the impurities haven't been removed. so it has a high mineral content and you'll get water spots that won't come out and houses get that rusting look because of the high iron content. and it smells sulfurous. so yeah sprinklers are bad mmmmkay
Back to top Go down
bthepennyswife

bthepennyswife

PostSubject: Re: How to wash properly.   How to wash properly. EmptySun 30 Dec 2007, 11:15 pm

asuaruto~tenshi wrote:
You and me both, girl.

And awe, I love your siggie. That's cute <33

thanks. i make all sorts of things like it, let me know if you want one. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cherish5683
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to wash properly.   How to wash properly. Empty

Back to top Go down

How to wash properly.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next