RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cruise Control not working in 96 Accord

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pwr trpn

pwr trpn

Cruise Control not working in 96 Accord Empty
PostSubject: Cruise Control not working in 96 Accord   Cruise Control not working in 96 Accord EmptySun 09 Dec 2007, 11:19 pm

My trusty Honda beater is without Cruise Control. I like cruise. I want it back. Any ideas what could be wrong with it? It didn't work when I bought the car, so I have no idea when or how it started. the car is a 5 speed. Fuses all look good. Help. Thanks.
-Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Control not working in 96 Accord   Cruise Control not working in 96 Accord EmptySun 09 Dec 2007, 11:53 pm

did the cruise cable snap inside its sleave? check that by disconecting it from the tb and pulling, if it comes out, that could be it. as far as anything else id have to some research on some old honda forums. if i figure anything out ill get back in here and post up.
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Control not working in 96 Accord   Cruise Control not working in 96 Accord EmptyMon 10 Dec 2007, 12:04 am

Clifford wrote:
if it comes out, that could be it.

LOL...you think...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/guitarchan16

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Control not working in 96 Accord   Cruise Control not working in 96 Accord EmptyMon 10 Dec 2007, 12:10 am

GSRCivic wrote:
Clifford wrote:
if it comes out, that could be it.

LOL...you think...

guess i should have had my saracasm turned on lols.
Back to top Go down
pwr trpn

pwr trpn

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Control not working in 96 Accord   Cruise Control not working in 96 Accord EmptyMon 10 Dec 2007, 12:43 am

Thanks. I did some research, but could not find anything.
-Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Control not working in 96 Accord   Cruise Control not working in 96 Accord EmptyMon 10 Dec 2007, 12:52 am

take a look at that cable tomorrow and like i said ill try to look further into it, also did that year/model have a cruise control computer? also check the wiring on the buttons to see if its still connected/not worn/chaffed through anywhere.
Back to top Go down
LaydOut

LaydOut

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Control not working in 96 Accord   Cruise Control not working in 96 Accord EmptyMon 10 Dec 2007, 1:40 am

mine doesnt work either and my cable and relay are fine, idk why it is like that though.
Back to top Go down
suzuk600

suzuk600

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Control not working in 96 Accord   Cruise Control not working in 96 Accord EmptyWed 12 Dec 2007, 12:26 am

on the accords does it have a vaccum hose going to it i know on some vehicles they have a vaccum module on them. if you don't then check by applying power to the motor and see if it moves if it does it says your motor is good. if it is vaccum make sure you don't have a leak that would cause that module not to work.
Back to top Go down
LaydOut

LaydOut

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Control not working in 96 Accord   Cruise Control not working in 96 Accord EmptyWed 12 Dec 2007, 3:32 am

Yea they doo have a vacume line going to it, its runnilg obove your engine and right along the bottom sid of the wipper cowls
Back to top Go down
Dain

Dain

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Control not working in 96 Accord   Cruise Control not working in 96 Accord EmptyWed 12 Dec 2007, 11:35 am

Mine stopped working, so I ripped it out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/talon4show
pwr trpn

pwr trpn

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Control not working in 96 Accord   Cruise Control not working in 96 Accord EmptyWed 12 Dec 2007, 7:07 pm

I checked everything. I guess it just needs to be as it is.
-Dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Control not working in 96 Accord   Cruise Control not working in 96 Accord Empty

Back to top Go down

Cruise Control not working in 96 Accord
Page 1 of 1