RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reign's Rebuild....

Go down 
+9
pjsj26
dsmhero
LordofChaos
LaydOut
robbie2883
Dain
KongGMC
sir90hatch
Reign_Maker
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Reign_Maker
Admin
Reign_Maker

Reign's Rebuild.... Empty
PostSubject: Reign's Rebuild....   Reign's Rebuild.... EmptySat 01 Dec 2007, 5:02 am

Before I start this, let me introduce you all to the car, and its history...

My car is an 87 Toyota Supra, turbo 7MGTE motor, 5 speed... The body has been updated to the 89+ body style, meaning: nose, spoiler, rear tail lights, side view mirrors, side moulding and climate controls... In fact, the only way you could tell my car was an 87 is from the head light squirters in the front... So, even though she looks like an 89+, she's actually older...

I bought the car in May of 05... The car made 360rwhp... I did some tweaking, little modding, yada yada, took her to Adam's and we tuned out 512rwhp @23.5 pounds of boost... I wanted more... Unfortunately, my fuel system was running out of steam, so I couldnt boost more... Also, the quality of work under the hood was rather shitty... Piping was whack, wiring was shit, I could go on... When I bought the car, I was TOLD it had forged internals, it had this, it had that... Well, it didnt... The only thing it had was a metal HG and ARP head bolts... I came to find out, I was sitting on stock internals... The fuel system was pretty much stock... The LSD was shot... I had bad compression in one of the cylinders, which started my build really, and came to find out that the compression loss was froma massive crack in the head... Anyway, the build was only suppose to be a few months............................ it's been 2 years now...

Please be patient, I have a TON of pictures... So I will be adding some here and there... But here are a few pics to get started... Please check back for more pics... If you have ANY questions, please dont hesitate to ask... Im not one to be all sneaky about my shit... I put A LOT into this, and Im very proud of it... I'll tell people the numbers I make, on pump gas... Wink Race gas will be my only secret... Very Happy:D:D

Anyway, on to some pics...

When I got the car...

Reign's Rebuild.... 381085809_l

Engine bay... UGH! affraid Reign's Rebuild.... 991734

Reign's Rebuild.... L_8ec836aa8dc59d6ab357a8a166d9dcc8

Engine bay after I cleaned it up some... scratch

Reign's Rebuild.... L_14fea335d434d166222ff66d0d22000c

Engine bay how it sat about 3-4 months ago... *getting better, lol* Reign's Rebuild.... 895837

Reign's Rebuild.... L_5e2ed1fefd63e6bdf5bfd8b1c8e7d4ff

Anyway, stay tuned, I'll be takin you guys along with me as I built this...
Back to top Go down
sir90hatch
Super Mugenator
sir90hatch

PostSubject: Re: Reign's Rebuild....   Reign's Rebuild.... EmptySat 01 Dec 2007, 7:48 pm

Sick, who does all the fab work?

Your Avatar pic is funny as hell
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sir90hatch
Reign_Maker
Admin
Reign_Maker

PostSubject: Re: Reign's Rebuild....   Reign's Rebuild.... EmptySat 01 Dec 2007, 9:12 pm

Oh dude, I have the best fabber/welder ever! Wink
Back to top Go down
KongGMC

KongGMC

PostSubject: Re: Reign's Rebuild....   Reign's Rebuild.... EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 12:54 am

Well that first pic was absolutely an atrocity! The last pic is awesome though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reign's Rebuild....   Reign's Rebuild.... EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 12:58 am

Rob is so cute with his underlying "I did the fab work" joke... haha.

Lookin' good, man. I can't wait to see it.
Back to top Go down
Reign_Maker
Admin
Reign_Maker

PostSubject: Re: Reign's Rebuild....   Reign's Rebuild.... EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 1:28 am

Rob is the man... I'll be posting up pics of his work... Trust me, I wouldnt be where I am if it werent for him... He's a great friend and a fantastic fabricator...

Kong: yeah, no shit... I have NO IDEA why I bought this car... When I look at that pic, if it were today, I'd be like, hell NO! But, I didnt know any better back then... I've learned SO much in the last 3 years since buying the car...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reign's Rebuild....   Reign's Rebuild.... EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 1:31 am

Is everything behind that hotside going to be okay on the firewall, heat wise?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reign's Rebuild....   Reign's Rebuild.... EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 1:31 am

hell id drive it how it looked in the first pic but thats just me lol.
Back to top Go down
Reign_Maker
Admin
Reign_Maker

PostSubject: Re: Reign's Rebuild....   Reign's Rebuild.... EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 1:34 am

Will: yes... We were able to go full 3.5" turbo back and still had space for the firewall... Should be ok... I know when Rob gets back we are gunna do some heat shields...

Cliff: I did... I drove the hell outta it... lol...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reign's Rebuild....   Reign's Rebuild.... EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 1:35 am

Polished heat shields, no doubt... haha. So much bling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reign's Rebuild....   Reign's Rebuild.... EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 1:37 am

gotta have the bling to have the blauw
Back to top Go down
sir90hatch
Super Mugenator
sir90hatch

PostSubject: Re: Reign's Rebuild....   Reign's Rebuild.... EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 8:16 am

birdy wrote:
Polished heat shields, no doubt... haha. So much bling.

Exactly what I was thinking about makin
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sir90hatch

PostSubject: Re: Reign's Rebuild....   Reign's Rebuild.... EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 1:08 pm

Well, you know what they say: Bad Ass Mother Fuckers think alike Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dain

Dain

PostSubject: Re: Reign's Rebuild....   Reign's Rebuild.... EmptyMon 10 Dec 2007, 3:39 pm

Man, under the hood has some SO FAR from when I first saw pics of the car. Hope it goes well. How long until you think you'll start it up? I know you probably hate that question, I know I did when I was putting my car back together.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/talon4show
robbie2883

robbie2883

PostSubject: Re: Reign's Rebuild....   Reign's Rebuild.... EmptyMon 10 Dec 2007, 9:14 pm

Reign_Maker wrote:
Oh dude, I have the best fabber/welder ever! Wink

me too!!!! that guy rocks!!!!

dude....seriously...i've seen half your parts off the car in person...but never met you man! we should get together sometime!

btw...sic ride dude!
Back to top Go down
LaydOut

LaydOut

PostSubject: Re: Reign's Rebuild....   Reign's Rebuild.... EmptyTue 11 Dec 2007, 3:55 am

Thats clean man, keep it up
Back to top Go down
LordofChaos

PostSubject: Re: Reign's Rebuild....   Reign's Rebuild.... EmptyWed 12 Dec 2007, 10:17 pm

cant wait till its done man. i remember talkin to you about this sooooo long ago
Back to top Go down
http://www.injectedvids.com
Reign_Maker
Admin
Reign_Maker

PostSubject: Re: Reign's Rebuild....   Reign's Rebuild.... EmptyThu 13 Dec 2007, 9:02 pm

Dain: yeah, that question does get old, especially when its been asked a million times in two years since the car has been down, lol... But for real, it's getting close... Im working a really good job that should have a nice payday... After I set my rent and bills to the side, what ever is left over will go to get the car DONE! Well, the start part done, lol... I still have paint and interior, lol... But thanks for the compliments man... I STILL wanna see your car in person... Try to make it out this tuesday ok...

Robbie: no shit eh? I love that guy, he's been an absolute blessing and great friend... I'll have to PM you a pic, you'll understand the meaning... Smile I actually saw your car up at the meet tuesday and wanted to come over, but I cant reemmber what you look like, lol, I know, lame excuse right... If you come out tuesday or to saturdays meet, I will be sure to look for ya... I have been wanting to see your car again since you redid everything...

Alec: thanks man... Maybe one day I can get you to convince me to go with an airbag system... I dont wanna slam it, but it would be cool to lift the car over speed bumps, lol...

LoC: Whats up man?!?! Dude, its been FOREVER since Ive seen ya around... How you been man? You should come up to one of the tuesday night meets if you can break away... We SERIOUSLY need more domestics to show up... Plus, I'd like to see the car and talk to ya... It's gotta be a couple of years since I last saw ya... Honestly, I didnt even think you were still around here... But dude, glad to see you around man, oh, and welcome to the site!
Back to top Go down
LordofChaos

PostSubject: Re: Reign's Rebuild....   Reign's Rebuild.... EmptyFri 14 Dec 2007, 1:29 am

Reign_Maker wrote:

LoC: Whats up man?!?! Dude, its been FOREVER since Ive seen ya around... How you been man? You should come up to one of the tuesday night meets if you can break away... We SERIOUSLY need more domestics to show up... Plus, I'd like to see the car and talk to ya... It's gotta be a couple of years since I last saw ya... Honestly, I didnt even think you were still around here... But dude, glad to see you around man, oh, and welcome to the site!

yea it has man! been longgggg time.

what tuesday night meets? the one by the swamp? i showed up to that one like 2 months ago to race some guy with a DSM that said nothing in fdub could beat him or somethin. he didnt show tho :-(

thanx for the welcome
Back to top Go down
Reign_Maker
Admin
Reign_Maker

PostSubject: Re: Reign's Rebuild....   Reign's Rebuild.... EmptyFri 14 Dec 2007, 1:44 am

Yeah man, the Swamp... You think you can make it out this tuesday? I'll race ya, lol, I have the slowest supra in town... I'll have to tow it behind my truck, lol...
Back to top Go down
LordofChaos

PostSubject: Re: Reign's Rebuild....   Reign's Rebuild.... EmptyFri 14 Dec 2007, 1:50 am

nah man... cnat this time 'round. car is down for lots of upgrades.

i also work 3pm to 12am, i'll ahve to take a week off sometime and go on a tuesday night.

my car cant be towed right now... its on jackstands :-(
Back to top Go down
dsmhero

dsmhero

PostSubject: Re: Reign's Rebuild....   Reign's Rebuild.... EmptyFri 14 Dec 2007, 11:06 pm

shit looks good....
Back to top Go down
pjsj26

pjsj26

PostSubject: Re: Reign's Rebuild....   Reign's Rebuild.... EmptyFri 14 Dec 2007, 11:49 pm

looks good so far, you need any body or interior parts? my boss has n/a, damn near identical to yours. same color, same wheels. let me know and I will see what I can do. I think I have a set of lowering springs and brand new tokico struts for that too. think the springs are 1.5 or 1.75 drop but I will have to look at them again.
Back to top Go down
Reign_Maker
Admin
Reign_Maker

PostSubject: Re: Reign's Rebuild....   Reign's Rebuild.... EmptySat 15 Dec 2007, 2:00 am

LordofChaos wrote:
my car cant be towed right now... its on jackstands Sad
I know that feeling, lol...

Reign's Rebuild.... 8fzfjup

PJ: yeah, I need a few interior parts for sure... I have my suspension set up already... I need to show more pics of the process, but Im tired, will post more later... But yeah, Im in need of some misc parts for sure...
Back to top Go down
pjsj26

pjsj26

PostSubject: Re: Reign's Rebuild....   Reign's Rebuild.... EmptySat 15 Dec 2007, 2:15 am

just give me a list and I will see what I can do
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reign's Rebuild....   Reign's Rebuild.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Reign's Rebuild....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next