RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

deleting posts

Go down 
+5
Disco
GSRCivic
LordofChaos
tonkatruck66
KongGMC
9 posters
AuthorMessage
KongGMC

KongGMC

deleting posts Empty
PostSubject: deleting posts   deleting posts EmptySun 30 Dec 2007, 12:52 pm

Okay people have been deleting posts and that's just absurd. If you don't agree with the direction a thread is going, why not just send some people PM's and ask them to change the subject? Just outright deleting posts is immature.
Back to top Go down

deleting posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: deleting posts   deleting posts EmptySun 30 Dec 2007, 1:05 pm

They are deleting because it's called controlling a forum. If pointless, NSFW, rude, and/or BS posts are not deleted, the forum will not further grow. That is how it works. I have been saying this since the beginning and will continue to do so until everyone understands how a forum works.

The forum is not run by the people. It is run by the Admin. team. That is not to say that every forum is a dictatorship but it should be understood that the Admin team will do what they feel is necessary to make the forum better.

I called Disco a ricer in the "define ricer" thread and it was totally a joke. It was deleted and edited by Dan and I am not butt hurt about it like you appear to be. Do you know why? Because I am intelligent enough to run a few thoughts through my head like "Disco could have taken it the wrong way." "It may have upset someone else." "Someone could have thought I was being mean and PM'd an admin about it." <--- You should probably do the same.

Last edited by on Sun 30 Dec 2007, 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tonkatruck66

tonkatruck66

deleting posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: deleting posts   deleting posts EmptySun 30 Dec 2007, 1:16 pm

birdy wrote:
butt hurt

haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tacobell.com/
LordofChaos

deleting posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: deleting posts   deleting posts EmptySun 30 Dec 2007, 1:21 pm

thats typical forum moderator stuff man.

i have to remove posts occasionally on the forum i'm a mod on. sometimes it goes too far off topic and you just move it to its own topic, or you delete the bs posts etc.

somethin that has to be done otherwise the site will just spiral out of control and no one will be able to get what they want out of a thread.

say someone askin for mod suggestions on their car. two different guys have far different opinions on what that person should do, and they start arguing with each other in his thread. cluttering it up to where he cant get anything out of it. then a mod would step in and fix it. just an example!
Back to top Go down
http://www.injectedvids.com
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

deleting posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: deleting posts   deleting posts EmptySun 30 Dec 2007, 2:55 pm

Well...I haven't deleted anyone's posts lately...and if I do I let them know and tell them why in a PM. Sometimes it's needed. If someone deleted a post and didn't PM you, just bring it to our attention and someone will let you know what happened. If someone deleted a post, it was either on accident or the PM they tried to send you didn't get to you.

The rule we have in place for admin and Mods on here is that if a post is deleted, a PM is sent with it to the poster. I appologize if yours got deleted without a PM, but it also has happened to me on accident...over 150 of my posts were removed due to a merge thread problem that happened. Was in the "post whore" thread so it was ok, but still I know how you feel.

I'm sure you will be hearing from someone soon if someone did it. If not I would assume it was an accident. Again, sorry for the confussion. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/guitarchan16
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

deleting posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: deleting posts   deleting posts EmptySun 30 Dec 2007, 3:09 pm

Birdy I did the changes and deleting as a joke back to you ha ha deleting posts 214402 I thought it was funny since you and were talking about more off topic posts needing to be deleted even though it was on topic it was still out there. Very Happy

Kong you were outta line and being "immature" by ranting about something you had no background info about. I saw your point and all four other people before you that said the exact same thing. There was no reason to restate the obvious.

As Lord and Birdy said theres a reason for deleting posts and moderating this forum and you know what it is. In your case and the thread your speaking of it was done to keep the hostility to a minimum between the posters in that thread. And between D2m and Race850 which we consider a valued Member and we'd hate to have any bad relations between the two sites.
Back to top Go down
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

deleting posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: deleting posts   deleting posts EmptySun 30 Dec 2007, 3:33 pm

i concur
Back to top Go down
KongGMC

KongGMC

deleting posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: deleting posts   deleting posts EmptySun 30 Dec 2007, 3:34 pm

That's rediculous. That post was much more clear and concise than the previous posts and certainly didn't convey the exact same thing. More importantly I think you probably just disagreed with my point.
Back to top Go down

deleting posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: deleting posts   deleting posts EmptySun 30 Dec 2007, 3:38 pm

Man, I was nice in my first post... but now:

Quit being a vagina.

edit: I just read Disco's entire post above and if anything negative is to be said about d2m, I'd lovvve to hear it so I can tell you you're wrong.

Last edited by on Sun 30 Dec 2007, 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

deleting posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: deleting posts   deleting posts EmptySun 30 Dec 2007, 3:38 pm

NO your wrong again I dont go with my own feelings when I moderate a thread I go with whats best for all our users. Chris@d2m's thread was getting seriously jacked (Jacked means off topic) so I fixed the problem. Sorry you took it as a personal attack and got your feelings hurt. Im still going to do my job as an admin and if I feel a thread needs to be altered I will do it.

Kong was not being negative about D2m he was defending them.
Back to top Go down
Reign_Maker
Admin
Reign_Maker

deleting posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: deleting posts   deleting posts EmptySun 30 Dec 2007, 3:59 pm

Here is one of the fundamental flaws of this sites format: when a thread is deleted, its GONE, done, finished, POOF! I HATE THAT! See, I have NO idea what got deleted, what was said in that post, or anything, because, its, well, GONE... On SupraMania, if I delete a post, I have the option for either a "hard" delete or a "soft" delete... Hard delete a post and its history, poof... Soft delete and it leaves a redirect that the staff can still see... Thats something we HAVE TO HAVE incorporated into the site...

With that said, I will now say this....................

Im not a newb to moderating forums and being in a position to seriously wreck shit... I've been doing this for years... People get very upset when they post stuff and it disappears... Some times they take it personally... But I can assure you that if I, or any of my staff, removes a post, there is a good reason for it...

Race850 has taken off much faster than we anticipated, and its quite obvious, thorugh is infant stages, that things need to be tweeked and adjusted... We ARE listening... Race850.COM is about to launch soon, and I can assure you, when it does, you will see some noticable changes... Rules and guidelines will be set forth for the entire site, and yes Birdy, the FS sections as well... Wink Right now, we are playing it on judgement calls, but soon there will be hard guidelines, aka: rules...
deleting posts 711201
Not because we want them, but because we NEED them... With out guidance, this and any site would plummet into chaos and lose control and we'd have a worthless pile of shit site... On the other hand, we dont want to be nazi assholes... All of us have been on forums run by douchebags, that wont happen here... The rules of this house will be set, so there will be no mystery... We will ask everyone who comes here to abide by them, including the staff...

Kong, or anyone, if you have a post disappear, and havent been notified as to why, then please PM me or one of the other admins and we'll find out what happened... Randomly deleting posts will NEVER be tolerated... We've had this duscussion, and its understood by the staff here what the protocol should be... If for some reason, protocol isnt followed, dont freak, dont cry, just contact one of us...
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

deleting posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: deleting posts   deleting posts EmptySun 30 Dec 2007, 4:15 pm

deleting posts 197941
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/guitarchan16
gdubber
Monsterator
gdubber

deleting posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: deleting posts   deleting posts EmptySun 30 Dec 2007, 10:40 pm

GSRCivic wrote:
deleting posts 197941
x2
Back to top Go down
http://www.panhandledubs.forumotion.com
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

deleting posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: deleting posts   deleting posts EmptySun 30 Dec 2007, 11:23 pm

I have been a mod for a few forums over the past few years. Anyhow, i may have deleted a few random posts here and there, but only because the topic was getting really jacked. I don't delete things pertaining to the thread, but if it gets out of control, ill delete all the BShittery that doesn't belong. Each forum section has a topic title for a reason. We do have a BS randomness section, and i will almost never delete anything in that section, because that's what it is there for.

I will admit, i'm new to this forum's moderation rules, and i may have overstepped some rules as to deleting while sending a pm to said poster. But, i will not delete things that are of importance. I have also let alot of things slide, such as questions. Even if they are offtopic i will let them slide until they are answered and the post is a few days old and past said point.

I know sometimes it's hard to stay on topic, and hell i overstep it myself all the time. But, if you fear for your posts deletion, think what post befor you post it. It's as simple as that. I do not want to see this great local forum turn into any of the large forums (srtforums.com, ephatch.com, evoutionm.net, etc) complete disarray.

Hope that clears a few things up on my end.
-dan

cheers
Back to top Go down

deleting posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: deleting posts   deleting posts EmptyMon 31 Dec 2007, 1:20 am

yes. i totally agrree.

this is the reason why if you don't agree with the way the world is going you will get shot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

deleting posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: deleting posts   deleting posts Empty

Back to top Go down

deleting posts
Page 1 of 1