RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

i really dunno where to post this -_-'

Go down 
+2
GSRCivic
Moose
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Moose

Moose

i really dunno where to post this -_-' Empty
PostSubject: i really dunno where to post this -_-'   i really dunno where to post this -_-' EmptyMon 31 Dec 2007, 1:22 pm

My subby needs a new clutch, but i honestly just dunno what to go for. I need something that can function once i get to work on my car more so i don't wanna just buy a replacement. what do you guys think would get me the best bang for the least buck??

(mods/ admins: feel free to move this to the proper section ^_^)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i really dunno where to post this -_-'   i really dunno where to post this -_-' EmptyMon 31 Dec 2007, 2:14 pm

im to lazy to move this but, ive always been a big fan of clutchmasters.
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: i really dunno where to post this -_-'   i really dunno where to post this -_-' EmptyMon 31 Dec 2007, 2:16 pm

Competition clutch FTW cheers Less expensive than most and will perform just as good if not better...I have the stage 3 in my Civic and I LOVE it! i really dunno where to post this -_-' 550103

(PS. Moved topic to Randomness...HOW TO is for DIY not WHAT TO BUY Cool)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/guitarchan16
little white crx
Super Darthmodervador
little white crx

PostSubject: Re: i really dunno where to post this -_-'   i really dunno where to post this -_-' EmptyMon 31 Dec 2007, 2:37 pm

+1 for competition clutch, the customer service is the best in the industry
Back to top Go down
Moose

Moose

PostSubject: Re: i really dunno where to post this -_-'   i really dunno where to post this -_-' EmptyMon 31 Dec 2007, 2:41 pm

Ill look into both more when im not supposed to be working, thanks for the input guys!
Back to top Go down
Reign_Maker
Admin
Reign_Maker

PostSubject: Re: i really dunno where to post this -_-'   i really dunno where to post this -_-' EmptyTue 01 Jan 2008, 3:29 am

I dunno about Scoobies, but for Supras, depending on your HP/TQ goals, ACT makes good clutches for sub 500hp cars and RPS makes good clutches for 500+hp... The ACT pressure plates are 2800lbs and the RPS pp's are 3200... Also, you have different kinds of discs from street disc full face to 6 puck sprung and unsprung... *unless you plan to ONLY drag race your car and plan on doing tranny rebuilds regularly, NEVER get an unsprung disc* For my set up, I went with and RPS kit with a 6 puck sprung...
Back to top Go down
Moose

Moose

PostSubject: Re: i really dunno where to post this -_-'   i really dunno where to post this -_-' EmptyTue 01 Jan 2008, 4:59 pm

yeah i've been looking @ ACT ones cuz im def going to be under 500 for a long ass time (prolly forever just cuz i don't feel the need for me to have that much)
Back to top Go down
Reign_Maker
Admin
Reign_Maker

PostSubject: Re: i really dunno where to post this -_-'   i really dunno where to post this -_-' EmptyTue 01 Jan 2008, 5:24 pm

I would say go with the ACT with a full face disc... I had it on my Supra and the street-ability was great... Not too much peddle, and engagement was firm but smooth...
Back to top Go down
Moose

Moose

PostSubject: Re: i really dunno where to post this -_-'   i really dunno where to post this -_-' EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 2:51 am

http://performance.yoparts.com/act-advanced-clutch-technology/act-clutch-kit-heavy-duty-hd/sb3hdmm/i-46730.aspx

i was thinking about this one, with either the 6 puck sprung or street disc?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i really dunno where to post this -_-'   i really dunno where to post this -_-' EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 3:00 am

act ftl
i dont know how they do in poopras, but ive had nothing but terrible experiences with those clutches.
Back to top Go down
Moose

Moose

PostSubject: Re: i really dunno where to post this -_-'   i really dunno where to post this -_-' EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 3:02 am

well eff... thats no good. well the main reason i was interested in that one was because it seemed decent and pretty cheap (im a member on yoparts so it would be 440 for the kit) know of anything better for a relatively similar price??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i really dunno where to post this -_-'   i really dunno where to post this -_-' EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 3:04 am

clutchmasters or competition clutch is the only way to go.

when/if you have money let me know, i get the deals on the parts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i really dunno where to post this -_-'   i really dunno where to post this -_-' EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 3:07 am

Exedy is the shizzz.
Back to top Go down
robbie2883

robbie2883

PostSubject: Re: i really dunno where to post this -_-'   i really dunno where to post this -_-' EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 8:39 am

the ACTs for the subies do quite well. they also do nicely for the evos. competion clutches are good and so are clutchmasters, so it's just a matter of prefference. i would suggest doing the flywheel while you've got it all apart. it's farelly cheap to do both together. let me know which one you're leaning towards and i'll get you some pricing
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: i really dunno where to post this -_-'   i really dunno where to post this -_-' EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 9:38 am

Clifford wrote:
clutchmasters or competition clutch is the only way to go.

X2092883775

i really dunno where to post this -_-' 550103
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/guitarchan16
Moose

Moose

PostSubject: Re: i really dunno where to post this -_-'   i really dunno where to post this -_-' EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 10:23 am

robbie2883 wrote:
the ACTs for the subies do quite well. they also do nicely for the evos. competion clutches are good and so are clutchmasters, so it's just a matter of prefference. i would suggest doing the flywheel while you've got it all apart. it's farelly cheap to do both together. let me know which one you're leaning towards and i'll get you some pricing

well can you get me a competition or clutchmasters clutch for anywhere near my price? (440 with my membership there)

they also have an "exedy stage 2 organic clutch" for 470 ish.

lemme know what you can do for me please!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i really dunno where to post this -_-'   i really dunno where to post this -_-' EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 10:25 am

ill see what prices robby posts before i see if i can get you a better deal or not.
Back to top Go down
robbie2883

robbie2883

PostSubject: Re: i really dunno where to post this -_-'   i really dunno where to post this -_-' EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 11:00 am

what year subie? wrx/sti?
Back to top Go down
Moose

Moose

PostSubject: Re: i really dunno where to post this -_-'   i really dunno where to post this -_-' EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 4:59 pm

its an 05 WRX
Back to top Go down
FightersGarage

FightersGarage

PostSubject: Re: i really dunno where to post this -_-'   i really dunno where to post this -_-' EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 6:12 pm

Any of the brands mentioned should be fine for the car. I prefer ACT/Exedy and have heard really good things about RPS. Everybody has their own opinion but from what I have seen (and sold and heard feedback), you cannot go wrong with either of the 3 brands. Comp is pretty good but I don't have much experience with Clutchmasters to say yay or nay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fighters-garage.com

PostSubject: Re: i really dunno where to post this -_-'   i really dunno where to post this -_-' EmptySat 05 Jan 2008, 1:10 am

like they said its personall preferance, ive blown out a act and a spec in my talon with out even trying. never had a problem with my clutchmasters.
Back to top Go down
FightersGarage

FightersGarage

PostSubject: Re: i really dunno where to post this -_-'   i really dunno where to post this -_-' EmptySat 05 Jan 2008, 10:20 am

Clifford wrote:
like they said its personall preferance, ive blown out a act and a spec in my talon with out even trying. never had a problem with my clutchmasters.

Which model ACT? DSM guys love the 2600. Spec, not surprising.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i really dunno where to post this -_-'   i really dunno where to post this -_-' EmptySat 05 Jan 2008, 10:31 am

i had the 2600, did the proper break in, the clutch lasted me 2 nights at the track around 30 passes. and it was toast.

i was above 400 whp in a fwd.
Back to top Go down
FightersGarage

FightersGarage

PostSubject: Re: i really dunno where to post this -_-'   i really dunno where to post this -_-' EmptySat 05 Jan 2008, 2:17 pm

Clifford wrote:
i had the 2600, did the proper break in, the clutch lasted me 2 nights at the track around 30 passes. and it was toast.

i was above 400 whp in a fwd.

Extreme pp with full face disc? It's rated at 400# and you were probably pretty close since you were at 400+ whp. Plus, you gave it some abuse with the 30 drag launches. I understand your complaint but it doesn't seem surprising to me, all things considered. If you had a 4/6 puck, I understand moreso since they are rated to hold more power/take the abuse better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i really dunno where to post this -_-'   i really dunno where to post this -_-' EmptySat 05 Jan 2008, 10:23 pm

it just seemed to fast for the clutch to burn out for my tastes, my clutchmasters never slipped. thats why im a fan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i really dunno where to post this -_-'   i really dunno where to post this -_-' Empty

Back to top Go down

i really dunno where to post this -_-'
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next