RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers?

Go down 
+4
ls/vtecJon
robbie2883
foreveraflboy
that_guy_with_a_300zx
8 posters
AuthorMessage
that_guy_with_a_300zx

that_guy_with_a_300zx

anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? Empty
PostSubject: anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers?   anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? EmptyThu 10 Jan 2008, 9:31 pm

anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? 715828 like godly knowledge here...
Back to top Go down
foreveraflboy

foreveraflboy

PostSubject: Re: anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers?   anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? EmptyThu 10 Jan 2008, 10:05 pm

No to Metal Fab, but have a supercharger. Might be better if you make more of a statement as to what you need fab and possible some question you are having in reference to superchargers.
Back to top Go down
http://home.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user&Mytoken=119710

PostSubject: Re: anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers?   anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? EmptyFri 11 Jan 2008, 4:26 am

i believe he wants to build his own cintrifigal(i butcherd that shit) supercharger kit for his car.
Back to top Go down
that_guy_with_a_300zx

that_guy_with_a_300zx

PostSubject: Re: anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers?   anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? EmptyFri 11 Jan 2008, 6:04 pm

yep thats what i want... sorry i get all excited when i talk about blowing christine..... anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? 51563

ill know more about her when i butcher her this saturday for the timing belt... not fun, gotta tear apart the whole front end. but i think there will be enough room once i delete the old mechanical fan from the system.
Back to top Go down
robbie2883

robbie2883

PostSubject: Re: anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers?   anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? EmptyFri 11 Jan 2008, 11:30 pm

there's not a whole bunch of fabrication to that. the bracket is the hardest part. i can help you with it. let me know what the specs are on your motor (i.e. bore, stroke and compression) as well as redline and what kind of power your motor can hold up to and i can pick a headunit that will fit well for you then we can look at cramming it into that itty bitty engine bay! LOL
Back to top Go down
that_guy_with_a_300zx

that_guy_with_a_300zx

PostSubject: Re: anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers?   anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? EmptySat 12 Jan 2008, 1:41 am

robbie2883 wrote:
there's not a whole bunch of fabrication to that. the bracket is the hardest part. i can help you with it. let me know what the specs are on your motor (i.e. bore, stroke and compression) as well as redline and what kind of power your motor can hold up to and i can pick a headunit that will fit well for you then we can look at cramming it into that itty bitty engine bay! LOL
anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? 943492 anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? 943492 anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? 943492 anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? 943492 anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? 943492 anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? 943492 anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? 943492 anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? 943492 anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? 943492 anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? 943492 anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? 943492 anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? 715828
oh HELL yea! sweet there might just be a god... okay lemme git back to ya on that info!!

anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? 184465
Back to top Go down
that_guy_with_a_300zx

that_guy_with_a_300zx

PostSubject: Re: anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers?   anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? EmptySat 12 Jan 2008, 1:53 am

ok bore/stroke 87x83 mm (3.43x3.27 in)
compression is 10.5:1
she redlines at 7 grandish
im going to the library if i get a chance tomarrow...
im not looking for major power (yet anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? 852229 ), so somthin small will probably do well for me.. yes! id be like the only 300zx with a supercharger...
(there i go again... all excited lol anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? 941794 )
Back to top Go down
that_guy_with_a_300zx

that_guy_with_a_300zx

PostSubject: Re: anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers?   anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? EmptySun 13 Jan 2008, 10:12 am

ok i didnt have time yesterday to do any reaserch, because i was balls deep in my timing belt replacement.. took me and my buddy 8 hours!
looks like getting one on will be a little easier than i thought. the old mechanical fan can be removed easily, and there are studs that are long enough for another pully to be bolted on on top of the water pump (unless you have to bolt one on at the crank, in witch case im lost). i would just need to get a bigger electric fan up front with a fan controller and id be good to go! the only places i can see mounting a bracket on the engine are on top of the timing belt cover, using the cover bolt holes as the mounting points.. then there is the dual intakes.. sounds like a sweet time!
anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? 98564
Back to top Go down
ls/vtecJon

PostSubject: Re: anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers?   anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? EmptySun 13 Jan 2008, 2:37 pm

mugen Rob contact him for metal fab
Back to top Go down
robbie2883

robbie2883

PostSubject: Re: anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers?   anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? EmptySun 13 Jan 2008, 6:42 pm

i was looking at the motor and thinking about mounting. looks to me like the best spot to mount it would be on the lower driver side of the motor. is isn't that where the a/c compressor is? you might need to loose that. we'll also have to look and make sure there's room for piping. after that the rest is a breeze. just use a 1 in / 2 out IC like the twin turbos use (just in reverse). plumb it, add a BOV valve and bam...you've got an s/c...but you need to also take a look at your fuel system and management and figure something out for that.
Back to top Go down
that_guy_with_a_300zx

that_guy_with_a_300zx

PostSubject: Re: anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers?   anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? EmptySun 13 Jan 2008, 9:21 pm

yep, thats where its at. screw it! i can always roll with the t-tops down if i get hot! feul system and management eh? i dont think it would be too hard.. people do turbo conversions all the time, so there must be something out there to keep the engine under control... ill do more research on it later.. first things are first: timing belt tensioner, powersteering pump, tie rod ends (then the race headers and lopey cams anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? 715828 )... she runs like major ass now because of the tensioner anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? 795989 not happy about that, anouther 8 hour job...
thanks for the support guys!!!!!!!! when i finally get to it ill know who to come to!
might not be for a few months.. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
robbie2883

robbie2883

PostSubject: Re: anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers?   anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? EmptySun 13 Jan 2008, 10:20 pm

i feel your pain man. i put together a new motor 4 months ago, had to tear it down, put it back together and now have to tear the head off again! only 400 miles on the bitch! Sad

lemme know when you're ready man and i'll be glad to help ya out.
Back to top Go down
that_guy_with_a_300zx

that_guy_with_a_300zx

PostSubject: Re: anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers?   anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? EmptySun 13 Jan 2008, 10:24 pm

sweet. my buddies got a yellow ser too.. they are nice cars!
anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? 895837
Back to top Go down
robbie2883

robbie2883

PostSubject: Re: anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers?   anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? EmptySun 13 Jan 2008, 11:00 pm

that_guy_with_a_300zx wrote:
sweet. my buddies got a yellow ser too.. they are nice cars!
anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? 895837

so is he the one who keeps loosing and giving me a bad name?! everyone keeps coming to me saying so and so said they spanked you the other day, and i'm like uhhhh....i haven't hardly had the car on the road for near a year! LOL
Back to top Go down
rigged200

rigged200

PostSubject: Re: anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers?   anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? EmptyMon 14 Jan 2008, 1:07 am

me and jamie seen it....and i lost the bet, basically the same wheels....the only difference it the c/f hood.....but both are still slow..... anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? 895837
Back to top Go down
that_guy_with_a_300zx

that_guy_with_a_300zx

PostSubject: Re: anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers?   anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? EmptyTue 15 Jan 2008, 7:56 pm

no his is different, he lives in crestveiw. that means there is four runnin around including yours... one at the dorms, the one with the c/f hood, yours, and my freinds.
my car isnt going to the meet tonight... it runs, but there is a HORRIBLE squealing from my power steering belt (so embarrasing) Sad .. im getting to that and the timing tensioner this weekend.. ill try for the meet at destin tho..
anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? 943492
Back to top Go down
foreveraflboy

foreveraflboy

PostSubject: Re: anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers?   anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? EmptyTue 15 Jan 2008, 8:34 pm

The guy with the carbon fiber hood around FWB tried to get me to play. I origionally thought it was you. Don't worry I get it all the time from people saying they saw he here or the waved to be and I'm like "wasn't me, sorry".
Back to top Go down
http://home.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user&Mytoken=119710
dijitil

dijitil

PostSubject: Re: anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers?   anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? EmptyTue 15 Jan 2008, 9:41 pm

The other guy with the ser isnt named jeff is he?
Back to top Go down
IBL33dGR33N

IBL33dGR33N

PostSubject: Re: anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers?   anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? EmptyThu 17 Jan 2008, 1:39 am

get ur car on the road vougie!!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/imticcustoms
that_guy_with_a_300zx

that_guy_with_a_300zx

PostSubject: Re: anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers?   anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? EmptyThu 17 Jan 2008, 8:38 pm

i will this weekend... she better get her damn power back too!!
the guy i know with the ser is named josh
Back to top Go down
that_guy_with_a_300zx

that_guy_with_a_300zx

PostSubject: Re: anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers?   anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? EmptyThu 17 Jan 2008, 9:31 pm

hopefully in time for the meet at the commons!! *fingers crossed
i got all the parts.. thermostat, water pump, timing tensioner...
Back to top Go down
Namniek

Namniek

PostSubject: Re: anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers?   anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? EmptyThu 28 Feb 2008, 11:23 pm

You should look into a stock twin turbo long block for your project. The NA motor is not going to last long with any kind of boost. The 10.5:1 compression ratio pretty much kills the boost option. Thats why people swap the twin turbo motor into the NA's instead of just bolting a couple turbos up to the stock NA motor. You might look into a stillin roots style supercharger tuner kit that they make for the VQ35 and see if its possible to fab a new intake manifold for the VG30 that the supercharger will bolt up to. Basically replace the stock intake plenum with the supercharger and a new manifold. Stock twin turbo fuel injectors and fuel pump will be fine all the way up to about 500rwhp. You could probably get away with re-tuning a stock twin turbo ecu instead of dropping a grand on a stand alone one because you would keep the stock maf and the rest, I think. Your stock tranny will be fine. Your stock rear end is better than the twin turbo's rear end because it has 4.08 gears, you might want to get a new mechanical lsd instead of the 12 year old vlsd. Another plus with going with a different engine is that you will be able to go back to OBD1 instead of the OBD2 that you have since I believe you said you have a 1996. You should really check out 300zxclub.com, they have a wealth of information to share and can shed more light on you project that I can. But be ready to hear more shit about saving your time and money and just do a twin turbo swap. I personally like your idea because its different and extremely rare. Good luck and I will help as much as I can if needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers?   anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers? Empty

Back to top Go down

anybody good with metal fab AND knows superchargers?
Page 1 of 1