RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

This is a serious matter. Take some time.

Go down 
+4
LaydOut
bthepennyswife
Dan
robbie2883
8 posters
AuthorMessage

This is a serious matter. Take some time. Empty
PostSubject: This is a serious matter. Take some time.   This is a serious matter. Take some time. EmptyThu 21 Feb 2008, 12:08 am

I work in direct with the pilots and I know both of them personally, it sucks to find out about this.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/20/jetcrash/index.html

hope all is well with the family. take some time to include them in your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
robbie2883

robbie2883

PostSubject: Re: This is a serious matter. Take some time.   This is a serious matter. Take some time. EmptyThu 21 Feb 2008, 12:44 am

Sad wonder if it had anything to do with the outdated f15's
Back to top Go down
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

PostSubject: Re: This is a serious matter. Take some time.   This is a serious matter. Take some time. EmptyThu 21 Feb 2008, 12:46 am

Yeah i was working at hotpits doing refuels on those jets today. We got called back into work for a screening deal (procedure after a crash happens to everyone who has worked on said aircraft). Glad i didn't have to give blood or piss test. Very terrible, as if there hasn't been enough f-15's crash over the last few months. I didn't know the pilots personally since im in a dif squadron, but none the less, this is a terrible accident and i can only imagine how this will impact some of the personel who knew the one that died.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

PostSubject: Re: This is a serious matter. Take some time.   This is a serious matter. Take some time. EmptyThu 21 Feb 2008, 12:47 am

robbie2883 wrote:
Sad wonder if it had anything to do with the outdated f15's

Ill try and clear things up when i go into work tomorrow. I only found out what happened after i recieved a phone call, and it was very brief once we got there.
Back to top Go down
bthepennyswife

bthepennyswife

PostSubject: Re: This is a serious matter. Take some time.   This is a serious matter. Take some time. EmptyThu 21 Feb 2008, 2:20 am

OMG- I saw this on the 9o'clock news. I was shocked!!!

I doubt you can say, but what caused them colide into one another, was it just pilot error?

My heart deff. goes out to that family who lost their loved one. I can not imagine the hurt that family is going through.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cherish5683
LaydOut

LaydOut

PostSubject: Re: This is a serious matter. Take some time.   This is a serious matter. Take some time. EmptyThu 21 Feb 2008, 2:23 am

im soo sory to hear that, i saw it on the news aswell. its very sad .
Back to top Go down
B*Town

B*Town

PostSubject: Re: This is a serious matter. Take some time.   This is a serious matter. Take some time. EmptyThu 21 Feb 2008, 2:24 am

deff will have there familys in prayers, sucha sad day when things like this happen
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wickedkj
bassist527

bassist527

PostSubject: Re: This is a serious matter. Take some time.   This is a serious matter. Take some time. EmptyFri 22 Feb 2008, 9:42 pm

I was at work when our MOC announced the IFE...it was strange when i heard them say that the planes were "overdue"...then the search and rescue and the other details...it was kinda rough just sitting at work, listening to it happen on the radio...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ohsixrextr
KongGMC

KongGMC

PostSubject: Re: This is a serious matter. Take some time.   This is a serious matter. Take some time. EmptyFri 22 Feb 2008, 11:28 pm

I don't understand this. Doesn't it take a staff of personel to keep those aircraft operating? I mean that's what I've always heard. How can they honestly say that they didn't know what was happening at the exact moment it happened and they didn't know exactly where it happened? If the military truthfully can't keep up with 2 of our own planes and it took them 3 hours to actually find them, how could they prevent an airborn assault against us? Not trying to be smart or start anything, I just don't understand these things.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

PostSubject: Re: This is a serious matter. Take some time.   This is a serious matter. Take some time. EmptyFri 22 Feb 2008, 11:48 pm

KongGMC wrote:
I don't understand this. Doesn't it take a staff of personel to keep those aircraft operating? I mean that's what I've always heard. How can they honestly say that they didn't know what was happening at the exact moment it happened and they didn't know exactly where it happened? If the military truthfully can't keep up with 2 of our own planes and it took them 3 hours to actually find them, how could they prevent an airborn assault against us? Not trying to be smart or start anything, I just don't understand these things.

Truthfully it's hard to say. I myself work on the f-15's here on eglin for almost 4 years now as a crew chief. The models that fly on this base are over 25+ years old, and lack in some aspects of technology. Why waste alot of money on a dying piece of equipment?. Hell all the f-15's on eglin are scheduled to be gone in about 2 years time. If it wasn't opsec kind of stuff i would go into a little bit more detail about alot of their systems and how they work, but unfortunately i don't think im supposed to talk about it. Let's just say if certain pieces of equipment aren't on or fail, its hard to assume what went wrong. There is an investigation that is going on now, and they are going to try to salvage the wrecked aircraft to see exactly what happened. Also keep in mind that everything you hear on the news isn't always the truthful story, especially when it's first released. It's like that for a reason Wink
Back to top Go down
Reign_Maker
Admin
Reign_Maker

PostSubject: Re: This is a serious matter. Take some time.   This is a serious matter. Take some time. EmptySat 23 Feb 2008, 12:31 am

First: my condolences to the families... My heart and prayers go out to them...

The thing that I never understood is how two planes could colide in the air... You have a thousnd miles in every direction and to have two 50 foot objects occupy the same space just amazes me... Its like how do birds get hit by cars? Fly up stupid bird, jeez...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is a serious matter. Take some time.   This is a serious matter. Take some time. EmptySat 23 Feb 2008, 2:50 am

ever heard of dog fight?

they are training up there and trying on new maneuvers, that might be it. i dont know. just a wild guess right now.
Back to top Go down
Reign_Maker
Admin
Reign_Maker

PostSubject: Re: This is a serious matter. Take some time.   This is a serious matter. Take some time. EmptySat 23 Feb 2008, 9:50 am

Yeah, I know... I've been working out on Eglin the past couple weeks... I probably watched those to jets take off... I know there has been quite a bit of training going on.. A lot of F16s, A10s and even F20 Tigersharks have been goin up..

Anyway, its still very sad to hear and I know you guys know how much I love our military and troops, ow much respect and admiration I have for all of them... So yeah, my heart truly goes out to them and their families...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is a serious matter. Take some time.   This is a serious matter. Take some time. Empty

Back to top Go down

This is a serious matter. Take some time.
Page 1 of 1