RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Engine bay steam cleaning

Go down 
+5
Fraley
Scubasteve
sir90hatch
dijitil
troysc300
9 posters
AuthorMessage
troysc300

troysc300

Engine bay steam cleaning Empty
PostSubject: Engine bay steam cleaning   Engine bay steam cleaning EmptyThu 28 Feb 2008, 10:55 pm

What's a good place to get this done professionally and what might it cost? I'm too much of a pussy to just cover the electrical stuff and hose it down...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Engine bay steam cleaning   Engine bay steam cleaning EmptyThu 28 Feb 2008, 11:22 pm

Give me $5 and I'll do it for you. Christ, man...
Back to top Go down
dijitil

dijitil

PostSubject: Re: Engine bay steam cleaning   Engine bay steam cleaning EmptyFri 29 Feb 2008, 1:03 am

First spark plugs now engine cleaning? Just give it a shot man, you gotta start somewhere...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Engine bay steam cleaning   Engine bay steam cleaning EmptyFri 29 Feb 2008, 2:26 am

You're not going to hurt anything if you just take it to a car wash, pop the hood, drench it in degreaser, and have at it with the pressure washer. If you're worried about and think you'll screw something up, just stand back. There will be less pressure but it will still clean.
Back to top Go down
sir90hatch
Super Mugenator
sir90hatch

PostSubject: Re: Engine bay steam cleaning   Engine bay steam cleaning EmptyFri 29 Feb 2008, 3:55 am

birdy wrote:
You're not going to hurt anything if you just take it to a car wash, pop the hood, drench it in degreaser, and have at it with the pressure washer. If you're worried about and think you'll screw something up, just stand back. There will be less pressure but it will still clean.

Exactly what I do to my truck every time I wash it, I leave the truck running while cleaning the bay, then leave it running for about 10 afterward to dry everything
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sir90hatch
Scubasteve

Scubasteve

PostSubject: Re: Engine bay steam cleaning   Engine bay steam cleaning EmptySat 01 Mar 2008, 11:41 am

birdy wrote:
Give me $5 and I'll do it for you. Christ, man...

HA HA HA then spend a grand for a new engine .
j/k birdy don't get all crazy and shit lol!
Back to top Go down
Fraley

Fraley

PostSubject: Re: Engine bay steam cleaning   Engine bay steam cleaning EmptySat 01 Mar 2008, 7:35 pm

seriously all I did was cover my distributer cap and my air filter, then I drenched it all with degreaser, then I blasted it with my pressure washer and it turned out amazing
Back to top Go down
Pourman

Pourman

PostSubject: Re: Engine bay steam cleaning   Engine bay steam cleaning EmptySat 01 Mar 2008, 8:24 pm

What's a Distributor ?? scratch ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Engine bay steam cleaning   Engine bay steam cleaning EmptySat 01 Mar 2008, 8:25 pm

Hahah.
Back to top Go down
KrUnK_KrIs

PostSubject: Re: Engine bay steam cleaning   Engine bay steam cleaning EmptySun 02 Mar 2008, 1:29 am

Pourman wrote:
What's a Distributor ?? scratch ...

its part of the kanuter valve assembly.
Back to top Go down
troysc300

troysc300

PostSubject: Re: Engine bay steam cleaning   Engine bay steam cleaning EmptySun 02 Mar 2008, 2:39 am

Idk, I've read too many horror stories on clublexus about it causing misfiring if you get a few drops in the wrong place. Especially the spark plugs. I think I'll just clean it by hand.
Back to top Go down
mot[t]or

mot[t]or

PostSubject: Re: Engine bay steam cleaning   Engine bay steam cleaning EmptySun 02 Mar 2008, 11:27 am

It can get just as bad by hand... trust me... hondas don't run well on two cylinders. hah. (made a couple mistakes when i first got my car)

just cover the spark plug and distributor cap areas and spray down with degreaser and pressure wash. and if you do happen to slip up a little and get some in those places, get out the trusty airhose and blow the water outta there.
Back to top Go down
Mitchamafied

PostSubject: Re: Engine bay steam cleaning   Engine bay steam cleaning EmptySun 02 Mar 2008, 2:29 pm

Well i cleaned the bay this morning. Kindve.
Didnt go so well.

Now im having problems.
But they could be unrelated. Will find out soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tennismitch
troysc300

troysc300

PostSubject: Re: Engine bay steam cleaning   Engine bay steam cleaning EmptySun 02 Mar 2008, 2:41 pm

did you leave it running when you sprayed it?
Back to top Go down
Mitchamafied

PostSubject: Re: Engine bay steam cleaning   Engine bay steam cleaning EmptySun 02 Mar 2008, 5:41 pm

No.
Back to top Go down
troysc300

troysc300

PostSubject: Re: Engine bay steam cleaning   Engine bay steam cleaning EmptySun 02 Mar 2008, 6:12 pm

thats why lol, im gunna go outside and spray it now. ill post pics
Back to top Go down
Mitchamafied

PostSubject: Re: Engine bay steam cleaning   Engine bay steam cleaning EmptySun 02 Mar 2008, 8:40 pm

Have fun.
Back to top Go down
troysc300

troysc300

PostSubject: Re: Engine bay steam cleaning   Engine bay steam cleaning EmptySun 02 Mar 2008, 10:02 pm

Success! Just left it running, covered all the electrical stuff with plastic bags, soaked in degreaser, and sprayed/scrubbed. After I was done I took it out for a spin and it runs great. Tomorrow I'll polish up the plastic and post pics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Engine bay steam cleaning   Engine bay steam cleaning EmptySun 02 Mar 2008, 10:14 pm

Yep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Engine bay steam cleaning   Engine bay steam cleaning Empty

Back to top Go down

Engine bay steam cleaning
Page 1 of 1