RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

stripped tranny fill hole

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
USDMDC4

USDMDC4

stripped tranny fill hole Empty
PostSubject: stripped tranny fill hole   stripped tranny fill hole EmptySun 16 Dec 2007, 4:33 pm

my fill plug hole on my case is stripped...anyone know if i can rethread it bigger and get a new bolt for it? id rather not have to get a new case just for that. i dont think im able to weld the bolt on and use the vss to fill it because the case is aluminum...
Back to top Go down
LaydOut

LaydOut

PostSubject: Re: stripped tranny fill hole   stripped tranny fill hole EmptySun 16 Dec 2007, 4:38 pm

Just buy a tap and die set, yoo rethread it, and the bolt will be the same,, and my dad was telling me that its like when you strip out a spark plug hole theres a lil plug the same size and you just screw it in and it will rethread it.
Back to top Go down
sir90hatch
Super Mugenator
sir90hatch

PostSubject: Re: stripped tranny fill hole   stripped tranny fill hole EmptySun 16 Dec 2007, 4:39 pm

Damn, that sucks Brad, if I was home I could fix that with a helicoil. Don't rethread it for a larger bolt, Can't weld it, dissimilar metals, if you can, clean the area really well with a little alcohol, and glue the plug into place with a good metal bonding glue, thats a good temporary fix, I can fix it when I get home.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sir90hatch
USDMDC4

USDMDC4

PostSubject: Re: stripped tranny fill hole   stripped tranny fill hole EmptySun 16 Dec 2007, 4:39 pm

ok thats sounds good Rob...thanks for the help
Back to top Go down
sir90hatch
Super Mugenator
sir90hatch

PostSubject: Re: stripped tranny fill hole   stripped tranny fill hole EmptySun 16 Dec 2007, 4:43 pm

Hey bro, anything, I'm a machinist, and I know how to fix that permanently, basically to where you can use the original bolt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sir90hatch
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stripped tranny fill hole   stripped tranny fill hole Empty

Back to top Go down

stripped tranny fill hole
Page 1 of 1