RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

it's stripped and fucked

Go down 
+3
girlyboostdlude
zeroicea
ho2nvda
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

it's stripped and fucked Empty
PostSubject: it's stripped and fucked   it's stripped and fucked EmptyMon 07 Jan 2008, 11:25 pm

decided tonight to strip the motor down and find out what's really jacked up.....OMG i laughed alot and there were alot of cuss words and a little blood. number one piston: ring lands are gone. number 2 piston: ring lands are gone. number 3 piston: ring lands are gone and i spun a bearing. number 4 piston: ring lands are gone. here are the pics.

pm7's

it's stripped and fucked Dsc00910

piston #1
it's stripped and fucked Dsc00911

piston #2
it's stripped and fucked Dsc00912

piston #3
it's stripped and fucked Dsc00913

piston #4
it's stripped and fucked Dsc00914

i hope this goes in here, granted it's a strip down but will have to be a build up to run again. should have new pistons by the end of this week.
Back to top Go down
zeroicea

PostSubject: Re: it's stripped and fucked   it's stripped and fucked EmptyMon 07 Jan 2008, 11:35 pm

which motor is that?
Back to top Go down
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

PostSubject: Re: it's stripped and fucked   it's stripped and fucked EmptyMon 07 Jan 2008, 11:38 pm

it's a y7 head,y8 block with zc pistons (pm7) rods and crank
only reason the y7 head is on it, is because i compressed a valve spring on the y8 head.
Back to top Go down
zeroicea

PostSubject: Re: it's stripped and fucked   it's stripped and fucked EmptyMon 07 Jan 2008, 11:53 pm

damn what a combo haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: it's stripped and fucked   it's stripped and fucked EmptyMon 07 Jan 2008, 11:58 pm

4g63 time.
Back to top Go down
zeroicea

PostSubject: Re: it's stripped and fucked   it's stripped and fucked EmptyMon 07 Jan 2008, 11:59 pm

birdy wrote:
4g63 time.

ehh... dont give up hope yet i got a b18a1... haaha...
Back to top Go down
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

PostSubject: Re: it's stripped and fucked   it's stripped and fucked EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 12:01 am

yeah well the y8 head had a stuck vtec solenoid and my oil pressure wasn't what it needed to be or where it needed to be going. so i over heated the primary intake valve spring and sucked her down a bit. so i got an insane chatter, and then after about a month of constantly adjusting the lash i said screw it and put the y7 head on since i had it laying around from the last motor i destroyed. and it was running ok but i think the piston damage was already done it just wasn't finalized. if you know what i mean. but i got another d16a1 at my buddy's shop i'm gonna strip down and steal the pistons and rods outta it and hopefully by the end of the week it will be done. i'm in no hurry, i just want to get it assembled right. it only took me 2-3 hours to pull these so i figure i could have it back together in about 4-5 if i take my time. i'm doing all of this in my garage on the floor with hand tools. so it takes a little bit longer. i have fun with it.
Back to top Go down
zeroicea

PostSubject: Re: it's stripped and fucked   it's stripped and fucked EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 12:03 am

ho2nvda wrote:
yeah well the y8 head had a stuck vtec solenoid and my oil pressure wasn't what it needed to be or where it needed to be going. so i over heated the primary intake valve spring and sucked her down a bit. so i got an insane chatter, and then after about a month of constantly adjusting the lash i said screw it and put the y7 head on since i had it laying around from the last motor i destroyed. and it was running ok but i think the piston damage was already done it just wasn't finalized. if you know what i mean. but i got another d16a1 at my buddy's shop i'm gonna strip down and steal the pistons and rods outta it and hopefully by the end of the week it will be done. i'm in no hurry, i just want to get it assembled right. it only took me 2-3 hours to pull these so i figure i could have it back together in about 4-5 if i take my time. i'm doing all of this in my garage on the floor with hand tools. so it takes a little bit longer. i have fun with it.

i know what cha mean except i got air/air tools makes it a lil better let me know if you need help....
Back to top Go down
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

PostSubject: Re: it's stripped and fucked   it's stripped and fucked EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 12:03 am

i've got three b18a1 to choose from but i want to fix the D first and then if i fuck this one up then i'll go to a B. and Birdy i don't believe a 4g63 will work with my chassis. lol. and i don't have 5 grand to buy your car sorry man
Back to top Go down
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

PostSubject: Re: it's stripped and fucked   it's stripped and fucked EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 12:06 am

i live in navarre man, and i think you live in crestview. that's a long hike. but i got it for now. i have air tools but my compressor is old as hell and makes one helluva racket. and i'm normally tinkering till about midnight most the time. my neighbors already don't like hearing the car at 6am when i leave for work let alone hearing it idle till midnight. i appreciate the offer though.
Back to top Go down
zeroicea

PostSubject: Re: it's stripped and fucked   it's stripped and fucked EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 12:09 am

ho2nvda wrote:
i live in navarre man, and i think you live in crestview. that's a long hike. but i got it for now. i have air tools but my compressor is old as hell and makes one helluva racket. and i'm normally tinkering till about midnight most the time. my neighbors already don't like hearing the car at 6am when i leave for work let alone hearing it idle till midnight. i appreciate the offer though.

fuck the neighbors i own my house... just let me know i have a new compressor and plenty of experience...
Back to top Go down
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

PostSubject: Re: it's stripped and fucked   it's stripped and fucked EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 12:30 am

i'm in the same boat man. i've just always liked using hand tools. i don't know why i do, because i know air tools are faster, but i guess i like the actual feel of doing the work. but i'll let you know. hopefully she'll be up and running by this weekend or when i finish it whichever is sooner.
Back to top Go down
girlyboostdlude

PostSubject: Re: it's stripped and fucked   it's stripped and fucked EmptyWed 09 Jan 2008, 1:17 am

dang no good
Back to top Go down
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

PostSubject: Re: it's stripped and fucked   it's stripped and fucked EmptyWed 09 Jan 2008, 6:16 pm

yeah not very good at all, which explained why it sounded and ran like crap....the new pistons are a step down from the pm7's they are PG68's, slight dome but not like the pm7's so hopefully this will make it a little more driveable on pump gas. the pistons came out of a d16a1 the USDM twincam d-series. so i'm putting those in tonight and hopefully get her all buttoned up. didn't do anything last night since i'm not pressed to finish her. keep you guys updated.
Back to top Go down
little white crx
Super Darthmodervador
little white crx

PostSubject: Re: it's stripped and fucked   it's stripped and fucked EmptyWed 09 Jan 2008, 8:22 pm

i hope your not using the same block or crank...

sleeves are probly f'ed
and the crank is for sure worthless after spinning a bearing, unless you re surface it and use over size bearings
Back to top Go down
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

PostSubject: Re: it's stripped and fucked   it's stripped and fucked EmptyThu 10 Jan 2008, 6:30 pm

i got lucky, didn't spin a bearing. took me ten minutes to put the pistons in and i'm going to torque everything down here in a little bit, and button up the bottom end then focus on the top, should have her up and running by bedtime tonight.
Back to top Go down
383mazdaRX7

383mazdaRX7

PostSubject: Re: it's stripped and fucked   it's stripped and fucked EmptySun 17 Feb 2008, 11:37 pm

not sure if this motor is back together but i work at RPM machine shop if you need some machine work give us a call
Back to top Go down
98vtec

PostSubject: Re: it's stripped and fucked   it's stripped and fucked EmptyFri 22 Feb 2008, 1:33 am

ho2nvda wrote:
i got lucky, didn't spin a bearing. took me ten minutes to put the pistons in and i'm going to torque everything down here in a little bit, and button up the bottom end then focus on the top, should have her up and running by bedtime tonight.

your not installing new pistons in the same cylinders that were fried are you?
Back to top Go down
pjsj26

pjsj26

PostSubject: Re: it's stripped and fucked   it's stripped and fucked EmptyFri 22 Feb 2008, 9:26 pm

all he changed was pistons rods and rings, car runs awsome and he just drove it to ohio today with no problems. it's sittin around 10:1 compession instead of about 12:1, likes the pump gas a whole lot more now too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: it's stripped and fucked   it's stripped and fucked Empty

Back to top Go down

it's stripped and fucked
Page 1 of 1