RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Honda Door Latch!

Go down 
+6
Dan
ls/vtecJon
pwr trpn
DrewIsLudin
sir90hatch
little white crx
10 posters
AuthorMessage
little white crx
Super Darthmodervador
little white crx

Honda Door Latch! Empty
PostSubject: Honda Door Latch!   Honda Door Latch! EmptyMon 17 Dec 2007, 7:07 pm

I dont know how many people know about the common honda door latch problem but this is my exprience with it. Turns out the is a technical serivce bulletin about the door latch on hondas sticking thus not allowing the door to open until you drill the latch out destroying it.

So this happend to my street car, fun right, so i order the 200 some odd dollar latch from honda but, low and behold that s.o.b. was on back order, so i drove around crawling in and out of the window "Jeff Gordan style" for 5 months waiting on a part I already paid for... well the part finally comes and it takes me 5 hrs to get the door open.

not really an important story but it really makes me laugh when i think back to all the times i crawled out of the window or exited my car from the passenger side.
Back to top Go down

Honda Door Latch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Door Latch!   Honda Door Latch! EmptyMon 17 Dec 2007, 7:18 pm

i wish i could have seen you in action lol.
Back to top Go down
sir90hatch
Super Mugenator
sir90hatch

Honda Door Latch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Door Latch!   Honda Door Latch! EmptyMon 17 Dec 2007, 7:20 pm

LOL, so common, thats why I switched to keyless door handles, and regularly clean the latches. Haven't ever had a problem. But thats funny you were always crawlin out of windows, that must have been good times
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sir90hatch
DrewIsLudin

DrewIsLudin

Honda Door Latch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Door Latch!   Honda Door Latch! EmptyMon 17 Dec 2007, 7:22 pm

does it only happen to civics or something? i've never heard about that problem on preludes before?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/814903
little white crx
Super Darthmodervador
little white crx

Honda Door Latch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Door Latch!   Honda Door Latch! EmptyMon 17 Dec 2007, 8:32 pm

accords civics preludes, nobody is safe... funny thing is you never pay attention until its too late Honda Door Latch! 382127
Back to top Go down
pwr trpn

pwr trpn

Honda Door Latch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Door Latch!   Honda Door Latch! EmptyMon 17 Dec 2007, 8:45 pm

Shoot! That's Dukes of Hazard style!
-Dave
Back to top Go down
ls/vtecJon

Honda Door Latch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Door Latch!   Honda Door Latch! EmptyMon 17 Dec 2007, 8:50 pm

hahahah it was so funny at the begining of this year when it was like 30 degrees and raining outside and we were at daves and he ahd to do that
Back to top Go down
little white crx
Super Darthmodervador
little white crx

Honda Door Latch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Door Latch!   Honda Door Latch! EmptyMon 17 Dec 2007, 8:52 pm

funniest part is i never quit checking to make sure someone wasnt looking before i jumped out lol
Back to top Go down
ls/vtecJon

Honda Door Latch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Door Latch!   Honda Door Latch! EmptyMon 17 Dec 2007, 8:55 pm

hahahhahaha ya can you say GHETTO!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

Honda Door Latch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Door Latch!   Honda Door Latch! EmptyMon 17 Dec 2007, 10:41 pm

haha
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

Honda Door Latch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Door Latch!   Honda Door Latch! EmptyTue 18 Dec 2007, 1:10 am

I'm sure that's about to happen to mine. I keep having random problems with unlocking it. It acts like it's stuck and the key won't turn and I have to giggle it for about 30 seconds and find the sweet spot for it to open, but then it will be fine for about a week or so, then it will happen again. REALLY random...didn't know it was a bigger problem and I've owned 6 different Hondas...hmmmm...weird scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/guitarchan16

Honda Door Latch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Door Latch!   Honda Door Latch! EmptyTue 18 Dec 2007, 1:12 am

i dont even know why people lock their cars, i leave mine unlocked keys in the ignition and everything. im just gangster.
Back to top Go down
KongGMC

KongGMC

Honda Door Latch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Door Latch!   Honda Door Latch! EmptyWed 19 Dec 2007, 1:20 am

Yeah, you leave the reigns tied up to the parking meter too cowboy? Honda Door Latch! 98564
Back to top Go down
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

Honda Door Latch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Door Latch!   Honda Door Latch! EmptySun 23 Dec 2007, 10:05 pm

i won't say that i've never had problems with it, cuz for all i know it'll happen to me at the worst possible moment, mine being almost 11 yrs old you'd think it would happen but it hasn't.
Back to top Go down

Honda Door Latch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Door Latch!   Honda Door Latch! EmptySun 23 Dec 2007, 10:56 pm

i enter my skylined (i put a "d" in it because its past tense) through the window. that is the only way to go.
Back to top Go down
KongGMC

KongGMC

Honda Door Latch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Door Latch!   Honda Door Latch! EmptySun 23 Dec 2007, 11:10 pm

You guys have seriously been watching to many shows/movies about rednecks and Dodge Chargers.
Back to top Go down
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

Honda Door Latch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Door Latch!   Honda Door Latch! EmptySun 23 Dec 2007, 11:30 pm

Dukes of Hazard FTW my favorite show when i was kid.
Back to top Go down
asuaruto~tenshi

asuaruto~tenshi

Honda Door Latch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Door Latch!   Honda Door Latch! EmptyMon 24 Dec 2007, 12:01 am

Wow.

LOL

Boys are funneh. <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/expendablemarionette
Sponsored content

Honda Door Latch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Door Latch!   Honda Door Latch! Empty

Back to top Go down

Honda Door Latch!
Page 1 of 1