RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to pull a Honda Engine

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

How to pull a Honda Engine Empty
PostSubject: How to pull a Honda Engine   How to pull a Honda Engine EmptyTue 04 Dec 2007, 11:32 am

How to pull a Honda Engine for the most part. Im sure theres a few things I missed a few things but you get the point

I started at around 6:30 am on sunday morning with disconnecting the battery and unplugging the wire harness. Then I moved on to undoing all the grounds and bolted down wires like on the starter and alt. I did everything I could do without firing up the air compressor and making too much noise that early in the AM. I also swapped out the nice white valve cover for my old black one that has seen better days. I drained all the fluids and got ready to move on to making some noise. Heres a shot witht the wireharness out of the way and fluids drained.
How to pull a Honda Engine S8001034
So since im in no hurry and a little restrained by my lift I went ahead and pulled the bumper cover off as well as the bumper support so the lift has more reach. By now I have pulled the axles, header, shift linkage, secondary motor mounts, rear mount brace, ac compressor, starter and altenator, fuel and nitrous lines, intake tubing, wire harness, slave cylinder, coolant hoses, traction bars, etc. Now its time to lower the car and hook the chains up to the main motor mounts and pull out the motor.
How to pull a Honda Engine S8001035
heres a shot of the motor comming out
How to pull a Honda Engine S8001036
and there ya go its out and ready for me to pull the tranny off and put my new intake mani on.

How to pull a Honda Engine S8001038
As you can see it took around three hours for me to get the motor out. I was really taking my time and doing everything I could to keep organized and not miss anything. I did take a few breaks to check on the baby and get a couple drinks. Im sure if I just got to it I could easily shave an hour off the time it took me this morning. Keep in mind that my engine bay is stripped of all the unnessary crap that is always in the way. So getting at everything in my car is very easy.
Back to top Go down
bthepenny

bthepenny

PostSubject: Re: How to pull a Honda Engine   How to pull a Honda Engine EmptyThu 06 Dec 2007, 11:07 am

sucks you have to pull the bumper but not bad time. i did it faster once but my main tool was a sawzall. body was going to scrap metal but motor and tranny was still good
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: How to pull a Honda Engine   How to pull a Honda Engine EmptyThu 06 Dec 2007, 11:37 am

ha ha ha thats funny about the sawzall. My hoist I was using wasnt intended for pulling motors its actually a lift for lifting obeese people outta thier beds in hospitals. The reach on it isnt very far. Here is the only shot of it I have.
How to pull a Honda Engine S8000248

Now thanx to sircivic(aka Mugen Rob) I have this hoist now.
How to pull a Honda Engine S8001086
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to pull a Honda Engine   How to pull a Honda Engine Empty

Back to top Go down

How to pull a Honda Engine
Page 1 of 1