RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hmmm... video monitoring?

Go down 
+18
Pimpin_IS
Moose
robbie2883
dylanc5
dijitil
low95nissan
lgnd6
Cody-Subaru-WRX
GSRCivic
Dapper_Dan
Pourman
gdubber
LordofChaos
Disco
RSXHottie
little white crx
sonicblueinteg
Casey
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Casey

Casey

Hmmm... video monitoring? Empty
PostSubject: Hmmm... video monitoring?   Hmmm... video monitoring? EmptyTue 19 Feb 2008, 7:45 pm

Does anyone else think it's a bit... unfriendly to lock people's threads for posting racing videos?
I understang that Race850 doesn't "condone street racing", but seriously. If someone wants to post a video of themself racing, who cares. I think it kind of defeats the purpose of this community site to stop people from posting whatever kind of car related material they want, bashing and/or flaming people aside. That's just my 2 cents, I suppose. I just don't like it.
Back to top Go down
sonicblueinteg

sonicblueinteg

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm... video monitoring?   Hmmm... video monitoring? EmptyTue 19 Feb 2008, 8:34 pm

Casey wrote:
I understang that Race850 doesn't "condone street racing"

Wait..
Whats the first word there ^
... race?? RACE?
oh noes affraid
Back to top Go down
little white crx
Super Darthmodervador
little white crx

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm... video monitoring?   Hmmm... video monitoring? EmptyTue 19 Feb 2008, 9:01 pm

im working on sponsorship deals for the site now,
but the concensous of the business that want to get involved are very
adimate about NO STREET RACING TALK, im sorry for those of you that
have a problem with it, but it will be a greater good for the entire
site.

Honestly with all th street racing related deaths in the last month who would want to aline thier business with street racing?

track racing videos are awesome and very much supported

Last edited by little white crx on Tue 19 Feb 2008, 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm... video monitoring?   Hmmm... video monitoring? EmptyTue 19 Feb 2008, 9:12 pm

is it really so much to ask to spend 15 dollars to get into the track vs, the possibility of getting caught for street racing, do the math, racing legaly at the track will end up being cheaper.

depending on how this street racing thing keeps going, the threads will be deleted rather then locked, because we dont want to be affiliated(sp?) with it.
Back to top Go down
RSXHottie

RSXHottie

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm... video monitoring?   Hmmm... video monitoring? EmptyWed 20 Feb 2008, 12:02 am

Sorry, just reread the original post and to answer the question.. NO its not unfriendly to lock someone's thread.

Seriously, get a grip on yourself man. Pay $15 dollars and take it to the drag strip. If you can't afford $15, feel free to let me know and I will be more than glad to pay it for you, if thats what it takes!!!!

Last edited by RSXHottie on Wed 20 Feb 2008, 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sonicblueinteg

sonicblueinteg

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm... video monitoring?   Hmmm... video monitoring? EmptyWed 20 Feb 2008, 12:04 am

hmmmm scratch
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm... video monitoring?   Hmmm... video monitoring? EmptyWed 20 Feb 2008, 12:14 am

unfriendly no nessesarry yes. We do not condone open street racing discussions.
Back to top Go down
LordofChaos

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm... video monitoring?   Hmmm... video monitoring? EmptyWed 20 Feb 2008, 10:44 am

i'd go drag racing if there was a decent track within an hour. oh well. have a happy day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.injectedvids.com

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm... video monitoring?   Hmmm... video monitoring? EmptyWed 20 Feb 2008, 11:02 am

Hahhhh, a sponsorship and they don't want you to talk about street racing. Yeah, the fuck, right. This is what it is, foools. It's an "automotive enthusiast" site. AKA, a bunch of fuckers that blow money on their cars, and like to "go fast." Other than Larry, who drives a beat up sentra for times Smile

I posted a ton of videos last night just to show exactly how much street racing goes on in Pensacola. People even do digs out here in the middle of the road, haha. It sounds silly but it's not really a problem. The people and places that we race are all known by cops. They just have better things to do than give a bunch of people shit at 2-3am for driving in a straight line...

Ask anybody or any semi-newcomer to the racing down here. It's all setup, well thought out, and have at least 3 blockers every time to ensure no one is behind them. If you're not with it, that's cool but I don't think you should be trying to sensor the inevitable.

Now that I drive a honda, I am bound to a few new rules:

1- Got wheels? Lets race.

2- Got fart can? Lets race.

3- Type R emblem? Lets race.

4- Jump me at a light? Have to fly by.

5- Got honda? Lets race.
Back to top Go down
gdubber
Monsterator
gdubber

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm... video monitoring?   Hmmm... video monitoring? EmptyWed 20 Feb 2008, 1:35 pm

Well the fact is that the leadership behind the site isn't supporting street racing, we are supporting TRACK racing. Holt is not even an hour away, and although it is only a 1/8 mile track it is still fun, its safe, and it LEGAL. This site is not a Democracy, you people that think we should support it dont matter. We get our orders from the big guys and we carry them out. SO WE DONT CONDONE STREET RACING... end of discussion
Back to top Go down
http://www.panhandledubs.forumotion.com
Pourman

Pourman

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm... video monitoring?   Hmmm... video monitoring? EmptyWed 20 Feb 2008, 2:02 pm

gdubber wrote:
WE DONT CONDONE STREET RACING... end of discussion
... that's says it all right there Twisted Evil ... just because it goes on around here , doesn't mean it MUST be tolerated by this or any other Forum scratch ... Props to the Mods for their Integrity cheers ... and if it's happening with frequency , something Bad IS inevitable No ... let's remember this discussion when someone gets hurt Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Dapper_Dan

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm... video monitoring?   Hmmm... video monitoring? EmptyWed 20 Feb 2008, 2:29 pm

the tracks around here suck... what fun is 1/8th mile?
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm... video monitoring?   Hmmm... video monitoring? EmptyWed 20 Feb 2008, 2:35 pm

What goes on, goes on. Our point is, don't post it on here... Hmmm... video monitoring? 550103
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/guitarchan16
Casey

Casey

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm... video monitoring?   Hmmm... video monitoring? EmptyWed 20 Feb 2008, 3:07 pm

Quote :
Well the fact is that the leadership behind the site isn't supporting street racing, we are supporting TRACK racing. --- SO WE DONT CONDONE STREET RACING

This statement coming from the kid who raced Cody on the island less than a week ago.
Bravo Race850.
Censorship on an auto enthusiast website.
Bravo.
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm... video monitoring?   Hmmm... video monitoring? EmptyWed 20 Feb 2008, 3:23 pm

GSRCivic wrote:
What goes on, goes on. Our point is, don't post it on here... Hmmm... video monitoring? 550103
Back to top Go down
Casey

Casey

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm... video monitoring?   Hmmm... video monitoring? EmptyWed 20 Feb 2008, 3:30 pm

Quote :
Our point is, don't post it on here..
Like I said:
Quote :
Bravo.
Back to top Go down
gdubber
Monsterator
gdubber

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm... video monitoring?   Hmmm... video monitoring? EmptyWed 20 Feb 2008, 4:12 pm

Casey wrote:
Quote :
Well the fact is that the leadership behind the site isn't supporting street racing, we are supporting TRACK racing. --- SO WE DONT CONDONE STREET RACING

This statement coming from the kid who raced Cody on the island less than a week ago.
Bravo Race850.
Bravo.

Mabe next time I Race Cody you guys could include me in on the RACE... Most of the time a race is between two people, at least I thought it was... apparently it is just when a person drives up and fly's past you... Good to know I guess.

And like Chandler said just dont talk about it here... THANKS
Back to top Go down
http://www.panhandledubs.forumotion.com
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm... video monitoring?   Hmmm... video monitoring? EmptyWed 20 Feb 2008, 4:22 pm

Casey wrote:
Quote :
Our point is, don't post it on here..
Like I said:
Quote :
Bravo.

Dipshit on a forum....

BRAV-F***IN-O...
Back to top Go down
Cody-Subaru-WRX

Cody-Subaru-WRX

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm... video monitoring?   Hmmm... video monitoring? EmptyWed 20 Feb 2008, 5:57 pm

gdubber wrote:
Casey wrote:
Quote :

Bravo Race850.
Bravo.

Mabe next time I Race Cody you guys could include me in on the RACE... Most of the time a race is between two people, at least I thought it was... apparently it is just when a person drives up and fly's past you... Good to know I guess.

And like Chandler said just dont talk about it here... THANKS

naw it wasent a race

i flew by you and then you flew by me,

but why talk about how racings bad when everyone speeds?

How many of you speed?

actually lets start a poll and see becuase more people die from speeding accident related then Street Racing.

i mean we should atleast have a ENTER AT OWN RISK section for "questionable stuff" aka STREET RACING

because i dont mind saying Hey i street race or hey i race at the track cause ive done both but why dont we atleast have a section for it?

and like is there any way to comprimise?
Back to top Go down
Casey

Casey

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm... video monitoring?   Hmmm... video monitoring? EmptyWed 20 Feb 2008, 6:06 pm

Alright Chandler, this is why I am liking this forum less and less. People like you being dicks. I thought we were having a friendly argument and you throw old "I'm done arguing so I'm just going to call people names" card. Nice. Honestly, tell me one person on this site who has never street raced. I garuntee you almost EVERY person has. I'm not saying that I go out looking for a race every time I drive, because I don't. I'm not even saying that I like doing it in the first place. What I am saying, though, is that the videos that members post shouldn't be censored (automotive related of course). If you guys don't want it in the regular forums, make a couple sub-sections in the Pictures/Videos sections or something, like Cody said.

"Track Videos"
"Street Videos"
etc.
Maybe you could even go so far as to put:
"Street Videos - not affiliated with Race850"

Don't just out and out tell people they can't post car related videos on a car related site. It just doesn't make sense.

Plus, how many of you watched those two videos posted about the saturday night races and DIDN'T enjoy them. I thought they were tactfully edited and displayed some very nice cars.
Back to top Go down
Pourman

Pourman

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm... video monitoring?   Hmmm... video monitoring? EmptyWed 20 Feb 2008, 6:09 pm

Hmmm... video monitoring? 164668
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm... video monitoring?   Hmmm... video monitoring? EmptyWed 20 Feb 2008, 6:16 pm

birdy wrote:
Hahhhh, a sponsorship and they don't want you to talk about street racing. Yeah, the fuck, right. This is what it is, foools. It's an "automotive enthusiast" site. AKA, a bunch of fuckers that blow money on their cars, and like to "go fast." Other than Larry, who drives a beat up sentra for times Smile

I posted a ton of videos last night just to show exactly how much street racing goes on in Pensacola. People even do digs out here in the middle of the road, haha. It sounds silly but it's not really a problem. The people and places that we race are all known by cops. They just have better things to do than give a bunch of people shit at 2-3am for driving in a straight line...

Ask anybody or any semi-newcomer to the racing down here. It's all setup, well thought out, and have at least 3 blockers every time to ensure no one is behind them. If you're not with it, that's cool but I don't think you should be trying to sensor the inevitable.

Now that I drive a honda, I am bound to a few new rules:

1- Got wheels? Lets race.

2- Got fart can? Lets race.

3- Type R emblem? Lets race.

4- Jump me at a light? Have to fly by.

5- Got honda? Lets race.
Back to top Go down
lgnd6

lgnd6

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm... video monitoring?   Hmmm... video monitoring? EmptyWed 20 Feb 2008, 6:25 pm

I don't speed but maybe 5mph over. Very rarely 10mph or more over. You guys may think I am wierd but I don't think it is even worth the risk of a ticket to get somewhere 6 minutes sooner. Speeding is usually pointless unless you are going on a trip of considerable length...

i.e. Say you are going on a 10 mile trip through town. Let's say your average speed is 40mph(which is still pretty high for in town average including stoplights and what not). That means it will take you 15min total time. If you increase your average speed by 10mph which is really hard to do in town. Then it would take you 12min total time. Wow...you saved three minutes. Very rarely is 3 minutes saved worth the risk of a fine. I would rather just leave earlier.

With that said...I don't street race. I have very few times in the past but never got much higher than the speed limit(maybe 20mph over at most). Except once...which scared the piss out of me because of reasons I won't disclose. But since then, I have never done it again.

I may be wrong but wouldn't it be illegal for people to post up illegal activity(street racing)? Couldn't the site admins get in trouble? Like I said I may be completely wrong though. But either way, if you were smart you wouldn't go boasting about your illegal happenings on a public forum anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tabeasterlyismyhero

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm... video monitoring?   Hmmm... video monitoring? EmptyWed 20 Feb 2008, 6:30 pm

No, as long as a disclaimer is put out confirming that Race850 and it's staff do not support/condone street racing, there is nothing wrong. EVEN IF, cops sat around and decided to browse some videos, there is nothing they can do about it unless people are caught in the act. Video? Not enough to bust someone. People have been doing it for years upon years so I don't see what the big problem is now...

Like I said though... I drive a honda now so I have one rule when I'm the skreets:

RACE EVERYTHING.
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm... video monitoring?   Hmmm... video monitoring? EmptyWed 20 Feb 2008, 6:33 pm

Casey wrote:
Alright Chandler, this is why I am liking this forum less and less. People like you being dicks. I thought we were having a friendly argument and you throw old "I'm done arguing so I'm just going to call people names" card. Nice. Honestly, tell me one person on this site who has never street raced. I garuntee you almost EVERY person has. I'm not saying that I go out looking for a race every time I drive, because I don't. I'm not even saying that I like doing it in the first place. What I am saying, though, is that the videos that members post shouldn't be censored (automotive related of course). If you guys don't want it in the regular forums, make a couple sub-sections in the Pictures/Videos sections or something, like Cody said.

"Track Videos"
"Street Videos"
etc.
Maybe you could even go so far as to put:
"Street Videos - not affiliated with Race850"

Don't just out and out tell people they can't post car related videos on a car related site. It just doesn't make sense.

Plus, how many of you watched those two videos posted about the saturday night races and DIDN'T enjoy them. I thought they were tactfully edited and displayed some very nice cars.

Dude...I wasn't taking personal stabs at anyone...and I NEVER said that I don't street race. ALL i said is that we don't want it posted on the site. I've been trying to stay out of it because I don't want to be a hypocrite. I don't tell people NOT to street race. I advise against it because I think it's dangerous and there are some very stupid people in this world that will drive like a moron down the road trying to weeve in and out of traffic scaring the crap out of old ladies just because they think it's "cool". I called you a dipshit because of the sarcasm. I didn't mean for you to get too pantie pissed at me, but your sarcasm was getting old and dry. We're trying to keep the public discussions of street racing down because there have been forums getting closed in the passed, and we have sponsorship opportunities that don't want to be associated with street racing. There have been several discussions between the mods/admins about this subject and the conclussion is that there is always going to be street racing and there will always be people who want to drive fast (me being one of them), but it has been decided that we need to try to keep people from discussing it on the site because anything discussed on the site automatically gets affiliated with the site as a whole and not just the person posting. Take this as you will, but my opinion stands...what goes on goes on...don't post it on here. I'm not going to say "Nobody should street race" because I would be a hypocrite, but I will say, keep it OFF the site. That is all...Thanks

PS. I appologize if I offended you with my statement earlier. But without censorship...the site will go to the shitter. But you're young, you'll understand someday...thanks Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm... video monitoring?   Hmmm... video monitoring? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hmmm... video monitoring?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next