RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger?

Go down 
+8
Caim
pantha3000
LordofChaos
TwinchargedCRX
pwr trpn
7mboost
spyder1337
Greatgulley
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Greatgulley

Greatgulley

Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? Empty
PostSubject: Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger?   Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? EmptyThu 13 Dec 2007, 6:19 pm

I'm still having a hard time trying to decide whether to do Twin, Big, or Pro. I haven't really looked into it much but I'd like to push over 1200HP in the next 5 years! Anyway some input would be nice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blackspyda13

PostSubject: Re: Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger?   Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? EmptyThu 13 Dec 2007, 6:22 pm

Twins if you can afford it.
Back to top Go down
Greatgulley

Greatgulley

PostSubject: Re: Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger?   Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? EmptyThu 13 Dec 2007, 6:24 pm

See thats what I was thinking saw a pick of an 05 with twin turbo 460hp 420ptq at like 7psi!! Need to look more into it thats for sure!
Back to top Go down
Greatgulley

Greatgulley

PostSubject: Re: Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger?   Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? EmptyThu 13 Dec 2007, 6:28 pm

I found a pic amazingly its the same price as the Procharger WTH!!
http://www.turbohorsepower.com/200506mustang.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger?   Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? EmptyThu 13 Dec 2007, 6:31 pm

it looks way cooler, so it has to win.
Back to top Go down
Greatgulley

Greatgulley

PostSubject: Re: Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger?   Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? EmptyThu 13 Dec 2007, 6:38 pm

Haha Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? 935692 thats what I see in the near future!!! then they'll see Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? 715828
Back to top Go down
spyder1337

spyder1337

PostSubject: Re: Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger?   Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? EmptyThu 13 Dec 2007, 6:40 pm

Going to need quite a few things to support any of those man. Fuel, motor, and some cash for all the other little things that will add up.

My choice would be a built Boss330 motor (more cubes), custom ground cams, and a Dual ball bearing single turbo from hellion. Either that or twin 61 mm turbos from HP (gt35r upgrade)

I'm currently procharged with a healthy shot of spray, i'd probably upgrade my head unit to a f1r and keep the spray if I ever wanted more power since I already have everything I would need in place (rear end and gears, and pipes, tubing and inter cooler).
Back to top Go down
Greatgulley

Greatgulley

PostSubject: Re: Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger?   Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? EmptyThu 13 Dec 2007, 6:52 pm

Yeah I know its not gonna be cheap Im throwing out a close number of like 13k~.~
Back to top Go down
spyder1337

spyder1337

PostSubject: Re: Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger?   Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? EmptyFri 14 Dec 2007, 6:34 pm

I'm over 30k with my car parts,labor, and more parts.
Back to top Go down
Greatgulley

Greatgulley

PostSubject: Re: Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger?   Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? EmptyFri 14 Dec 2007, 7:41 pm

Yeah my price wasn't for labor I know there's a lot of people that can help me out with the labor! I'm just saying for the turbo and what not!
Back to top Go down
7mboost

7mboost

PostSubject: Re: Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger?   Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? EmptyFri 14 Dec 2007, 10:02 pm

What car is this gonna be done in? From what I'm reading its some sort of domestic. Now if you want this to be streetable I would go with a turbo and go big single if you have the room, most people only go twin turbo because of space issues. However if this is gonna just be pure drag car go with a procharger on a huge stroker, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger?   Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? EmptySat 15 Dec 2007, 12:49 pm

There's an '03 cobra in PC that made 1000hp on twin 35r's are around 10psi...
Back to top Go down
Greatgulley

Greatgulley

PostSubject: Re: Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger?   Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? EmptySat 15 Dec 2007, 1:52 pm

It's gonna be done in My Stang! I haven't seen any stangs with prochargers in the 1000s in hp closest one was 908hp I wanna break that 1000 mark and still be street legal!
Back to top Go down
pwr trpn

pwr trpn

PostSubject: Re: Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger?   Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? EmptySat 15 Dec 2007, 4:40 pm

Go with the Twins. You will be very popular! That's the car that goes woooooosh!
I plain to chop the front section of my Formula to accomodate a big snail an IC. But my car see's a lot of track time to street time.
-Dave
Back to top Go down
TwinchargedCRX

TwinchargedCRX

PostSubject: Re: Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger?   Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? EmptyWed 19 Dec 2007, 12:31 am

Twins Would be the way to go if you have the cash.
Back to top Go down
http://www.SpeedzoneFL.com
LordofChaos

PostSubject: Re: Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger?   Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? EmptyWed 19 Dec 2007, 1:14 am

there is some badass turbo kits out there for ur newer style gt.

dont go with a supercharger IMO, the turbos are way better.

i think there is a single turbo kit from hellion (cant remember for sure) that does close to 500 rwhp on a stock gt motor with a fuel pump and tune. thats pretty fuckin sick.
Back to top Go down
http://www.injectedvids.com
pantha3000

pantha3000

PostSubject: Re: Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger?   Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? EmptyThu 21 Feb 2008, 2:28 pm

WOW you want a 1200hp car! Well if your gonna do it, do it big huh LOL! IMO you can go either way. A V8 will have no trouble spooling twins or a big single like a GT42r. An advantage with a single is it's less cramped in the engine bay and you have all 8 cylinders spooling the turbo.But sometimes routing the manifolds can be tricky so you aren't melting stuff. Twins would be an easy setup on a Stang as far as manifolds go, but intercooler routing is a tougher task- and you have to buy 2 expensive turbos instead of one. I think it's totally just up to you to decide. Good luck with that project! I'd love to see it finished.
Back to top Go down
Caim

Caim

PostSubject: Re: Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger?   Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? EmptyThu 21 Feb 2008, 8:24 pm

Yea i would go with the twin turbo kit. I have seen plenty of kits like that make good power. But 1200 is a lot man. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Pourman

Pourman

PostSubject: Re: Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger?   Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? EmptyThu 21 Feb 2008, 9:15 pm

1200 IS a lot ... good luck with that Neutral
Back to top Go down
iceblue

iceblue

PostSubject: Re: Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger?   Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? EmptyTue 26 Feb 2008, 8:49 pm

90% of every 1khp build I setup runs to the $30k range. On a V motor I would sugest going with a twin setup something around the lines of twin GT40R's. The turbo setup alone is going to cost you $15,000 to $17,000
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iceblueperformance
robbie2883

robbie2883

PostSubject: Re: Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger?   Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? EmptyWed 27 Feb 2008, 8:50 am

^^^ i dunno where you price your stuff.....but it's no where near that high. especially if you do the work yourself, unless you're counting the engine and tranny to handle it....the turbo is $3k max and the rest....shit...maybe another 3k.

i would suggest a bb gt4708r. it's a HUGE turbo....but it'll get you there. you WILL need to address the tranny though and make sure the motor can hold up to it.
Back to top Go down
LordofChaos

PostSubject: Re: Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger?   Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? EmptyWed 27 Feb 2008, 12:29 pm

big turbo kit for that stang is like.... 7k with supporting mods (fuel pump, injectors).

if you want the big power be ready to spend another 5-6k to have the motor built.

your best bet would be to talk to brad at xxx motorsports.

850-457-dyno ask for brad. he can stear you in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
iceblue

iceblue

PostSubject: Re: Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger?   Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? EmptyWed 27 Feb 2008, 3:21 pm

robbie2883 wrote:
^^^ i dunno where you price your stuff.....but it's no where near that high. especially if you do the work yourself, unless you're counting the engine and tranny to handle it....the turbo is $3k max and the rest....shit...maybe another 3k.

i would suggest a bb gt4708r. it's a HUGE turbo....but it'll get you there. you WILL need to address the tranny though and make sure the motor can hold up to it.

I would stack my chips that you have never done this befor.
Try 3k a turbo thats 6k try another 1.6k for each manifold only one I will use
is from turblown.net you need your waste gates try another 500ech BOV's another
500 your haltech another 2k your fuel system another 1.5k your intercooler
setup another about 3k your wide bands another 1k to do it absolutely properly that’s
1 per cylinder so that would be 4k your egt gauges again properly 1 per
cylinder should I keep going you haven’t even touched supporting mods yet.
Blahh and don’t go spewing you don’t need all this crap people do it with less.
Yup they did it half assed for less you only do it right over here period if
not go home. There’s a reason I use 321ss ceramic coated parts and ceramic coat
all the internals the inducer bearings shafts internals there’s a reason I
cryogenic treat my parts and Theresa reason my shit works.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iceblueperformance
robbie2883

robbie2883

PostSubject: Re: Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger?   Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? EmptyWed 27 Feb 2008, 7:32 pm

^^^ yepp...you're right...i've never done this before! Rolling Eyes

listen dude...no need to be a jerk about it...we're having a discusion here. i've built plenty of motor and know wht i'm doing....if you want to get technical i could build a 1200 hp motor for WAY less then what your suggesting and not even use a turbo. all motor and nitrous. as for the whole boosted thing...sorry bro.....haltech would be the last thing i use on a domestic v8 not to mention needing a wideband on every exhaust manifold runner. as for the actual turbo...like i said...4708r....it's spool over 1000 and sorry bro...only takes one at 3k. should i keep going? i'm not even going into all the other nonesense you spit out. don't get me wrong...all that's good and VERY usefull pieces of a high hp build.....but there's no point...no matter how much money you poor into it it's still a 1200 hp monster and not gonna last long...period. so why dump a ton of money when it can be done for less? don't give me any of that my shit's the only right way bs either....there are several ways to do any one thing...yes there are lots of wrong ways...but there are also lots of right ways! Wink
Back to top Go down
LordofChaos

PostSubject: Re: Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger?   Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? EmptyWed 27 Feb 2008, 8:17 pm

how many 1200 hp v8s have you built iceblue?

i'm guessin none?

03/04 cobra, 10k into a certain twin turbo kit with supporting mods.... 1100 rwhp. its not a gt tho... so add another 5-8k for the built motor/etc. for the gt, still doesnt add up to 30k?

robbie is right. you are coming onto this site with serious chip on your shoulder... get over yourself
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger?   Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger? Empty

Back to top Go down

Twin Turbo, One Big Turbo, or Pro-Charger?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next