RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Installing Direct Port Nitrous

Go down 
+17
little white crx
dibsen
JoeC
Fraley
rigged200
low95nissan
imlowrthnu
robbie2883
bp92gsr
tonkatruck66
ls/vtecJon
sir90hatch
lgnd6
ho2nvda
bobzilla850
LordofChaos
Disco
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

Installing Direct Port Nitrous Empty
PostSubject: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous EmptySun 06 Jan 2008, 1:29 am

Ive been running my current NOS wet kit for about a year now and have reached its max abilities at a 100 shot. Weve dynoed and tuned everything we could get outta the wet kit and now its time for more spray. The most effective way to increase the ammount of nitrous one can spray into their motor is through a direct port kit. The direct port kit sprays both fuel and nitrous directly into each intake manifold runner providing maximim HP and effectiveness. Since I already have my current wet kit theres no need to buy another bottle which can be quite costly. The main feed line from the bottle to the solonoids is also something else that can be reused. A tee fitting will be needed at both the current fuel slpitter and the nitrous feed line before the solonoids. Of course a preassembled direct port kit is the way to go, with all the nessesarry fittings and lines included. I personally would prefer to use stainless braided lines from the foggers to the distribution blocks but the cost goes through the roof. Just to buy the 8 braided lines needed to plumb the kit its an extra $240. So im going to try my hand at bending the hard lines that come with the kit. I have a tubing bender that NOS sells just for this purpose, im sure patience will be the key to getting it right and asthetically pleasing.

I started by removing my aftermarket Blox (skunk knockoff) intake mainfold. If you cant do this step without a how to tutorial you probably have no business installing a direct port kit. Very Happy Once the intake manifold is off the car its a good idea to tape ove the runnerd in the head to keep and debris or small critters out of your engine.

Once the intake mani is off the engine its time to start mocking up where you want everything to go. Like where the foggers will sit with no clearance issues from the fuel rail or misc sensors. In my case I had to relocate the intake air temp sensor to the back of the manifold by drilling three holes and remounting it. Then since I wanted all the lines on top of the mani instead of under it I also had to ensure that the fuel rail would come off and on without contacting the foggers or lines. Once I determined where I wanted the foggers to sit I discovered a few slight clearance issues. After a few slight modifications to the manifold I was back in business.

Some people opt to put all the foggers and lined under the manifold to keep the engine bay cleaner looking but it makes servicing the system a major pain. Also the jets would be under the mani making them very hard to change on the fly. With all the plumbing on top of the mani I make all the changes I want quickly and easily.

Next I measured the postions for the foggers and marked them with a sharpie. I predrilled a divit into the marked spot with a small bit and then proceded to drill the hole just a slight bit smaller than the foggers threads so tomorrow I can tap the soft aluminum to match the foggers threads. (I gotta go buy a tap tomorrow) With the foggers sitting at just the right angle it was time to figure out where I want the distribution blocks. For my needs im going to have them hover right over the top of the intake manifold. This will get the hard lines as short as possible and ill have to make the least ammount of bends.

Heres a shot of the foggers in place and the distribution blocks in their general area.

Installing Direct Port Nitrous DSCF12121

And another shot with the fuel rail in place. You can see the tight fit now.

Installing Direct Port Nitrous DSCF12141
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous EmptySun 06 Jan 2008, 10:59 am

bump for input Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LordofChaos

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous EmptySun 06 Jan 2008, 11:48 am

looks good so far man, any finished pics tho?

u must have had some small solenoids in ur kit... my nitrous express kit was good up to a 250 shot, and its 4 years old.
Back to top Go down
http://www.injectedvids.com
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous EmptySun 06 Jan 2008, 8:29 pm

I just started the install last night so its not even close to finished. If I didnt care about doing the cleanest best possible install it would be done already. Just for some background it took me three days to get my regular wet kit installed the way I wanted it. Clean and simple. Now this kit is way more complex and i want it right. So tomorrow im going to go see my buddy that is an insane welder and get his input on the best way to seat the foggers in.

Ive also gotta build a new bracket to hold both the fuel solonoids on the firewall next to the fuel filter. Im probably gonna replace all the solonoids with cold fusion solonoids since they look sooo much better than the old NOS solonoids which dull and tarnish no matter what you do to them. Also the cold fusion solonoids are every bit as dependable as the NOS ones.
Ill update more later
Back to top Go down
bobzilla850

bobzilla850

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous EmptySun 06 Jan 2008, 8:40 pm

looks good
Back to top Go down
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous EmptyMon 07 Jan 2008, 11:55 pm

very nice disco. can't wait to ride in it finally.
Back to top Go down
lgnd6

lgnd6

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 12:35 am

That is pretty rad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tabeasterlyismyhero

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 1:16 am

slow.
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 6:30 pm

Alright heres a quick update.

In typical "Disco" fasion this small job just turned large. Installing Direct Port Nitrous 808316 With all the projects I undertake with my Integra there are allways a couple little thing that need to be adressed either for function or form. While setting up my direct port kit to go in I have seen a few little thing that need to be changed out to make the engine bay both less cluttered and more convient.

Example. The huge bulky fuel filter in in the perfect place for me to mount my fuel solonoids to get them out from behind the intake mani where alot of heat builds up. Heat near fuel solonoids = bad day. Soooooo what the solution????? Buy an in line fuel filter just like the kind that you can buy for your nitrous kit right? Yes. But if im gonna do that then I may as well change all the lines out to braided stainless and put the nessesary fittings in place to accept my fuel pressure gauge and three more outputs. One for the fuel rail and two more for fuel solonoids.

So now ive got to make a new brackett to mount the solonoids and the new fuel filter to in the place of the current fuel filter position and buy a whole crap load of expensive braided lines and fittings Neutral At least ill know I did it a right as I could when its done.
Back to top Go down
sir90hatch
Super Mugenator
sir90hatch

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 7:32 pm

Damn, thats looking good, wish I was home to help ya with it,
setting them up is cake work. Let me know if you need anything bud.
One question, can you still utilize the intake sensor thats next to #3 jet?
Or can you just put a block off plate there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sir90hatch
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 7:33 pm

I just relocated it to the underside of the plenum Installing Direct Port Nitrous 550103 Im crafty like that. Now I gotta grind it down and thread a plug into it.
Back to top Go down
sir90hatch
Super Mugenator
sir90hatch

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 7:36 pm

Disco wrote:
I just relocated it to the underside of the plenum Installing Direct Port Nitrous 550103 Im crafty like that. Now I gotta grind it down and thread a plug into it.

Good deal Installing Direct Port Nitrous 550103
You will probably need that port welded shut, but I would just put a block off plate and round seal
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sir90hatch
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous EmptyFri 11 Jan 2008, 11:52 pm

Alright heres another little update.'

I mocked up the bends tonight with some rubber coated white hangars so I could make all the bends without ruining the tubing the kit came with. Now that the bends are made with hangars I can copy them with the tubing. Heres the best set up I could create and keep all the bends mellow. The lines arent exactly like they will be when its done there are a couple bends that need minor adjustments.

Installing Direct Port Nitrous DSCF12191
Back to top Go down
ls/vtecJon

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous EmptyFri 11 Jan 2008, 11:58 pm

CLEAN MANG CLEAN
Back to top Go down
tonkatruck66

tonkatruck66

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous EmptySat 12 Jan 2008, 1:35 am

discos work is clean.

Last edited by on Sat 12 Jan 2008, 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tacobell.com/
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous EmptySat 12 Jan 2008, 11:24 pm

Ok so we had the mini meet today at my house and I got no work at all done to MY car so after everyone left I got busy preping my intake mani for the direct port kit.

Heres the air intake temp sensor in its normal postion. It needed to be moved so I could thread the fogger in place.
Installing Direct Port Nitrous DSCF12261

so I made a block off plate and set the little o ring under it.
Installing Direct Port Nitrous DSCF12281

and here it is relocated to the back
Installing Direct Port Nitrous DSCF12311

Ok and the fast Idle thermo hasnt been in use for a long time but all I did was block it off with a soda can and bolt the FIT back on. It allways bothered me due to the fact that it doesnt do anything and just hangs there.
Installing Direct Port Nitrous DSCF12291

So heres the block off plate
Installing Direct Port Nitrous DSCF12301
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous EmptySun 13 Jan 2008, 8:46 pm

I put out a distress call when I found out how hard it is to find a 1/16 NPT tap around here. Well tonight a member came through for me and I got the manifold tapped and the foggers threaded in. YAY Thanks alot 4drgsr aka Brian MCay. He works at the track and knows all the big drivers and builders personally. So he asked around and after driving all over the north end of the county he finnally tracked one down. Thats what this site is all about, helping out. Installing Direct Port Nitrous 550103 For a while there he thought I had sent him on a snipe hunt, we werent sure it even existed. scratch Here it is.

Installing Direct Port Nitrous DSCF12371

I got the manifold tapped in about 5 minuets. He took the tap back and its all ready to be plumbed. Ill get that all done soon enough.
Back to top Go down
bp92gsr

bp92gsr

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous EmptySun 13 Jan 2008, 9:30 pm

who was the guy that tapped your mani holes
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous EmptySun 13 Jan 2008, 9:39 pm

ME
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous EmptyMon 14 Jan 2008, 7:03 pm

Another update.

I went ahead and bent all the lines for the kit today. It was a bit scary trying to get them all to go where they need to go and make them all look the same and look good. So I started by making a jig instead of doing it by hand like I did the hangars for my mock up. The stainless tubes would have been really tough to bend without the use of a jig. So heres my jig using the parts from the bender and my trusty workbench.
Installing Direct Port Nitrous DSCF12421

heres a couple shots of it in the car.
Installing Direct Port Nitrous DSCF12391
Installing Direct Port Nitrous DSCF12401

I wasnt satisfied with the two back lines so I ordered two new ones. Ill have them in a couple days and finish this whole thing up.
Back to top Go down
bp92gsr

bp92gsr

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous EmptyTue 15 Jan 2008, 6:16 pm

i like this kit alot. your doing a great job so far. let me know how you like it when you get it spraying.
Back to top Go down
ls/vtecJon

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous EmptyTue 15 Jan 2008, 6:22 pm

hahahahahah Pose asked who tapped your holes hahahhahahahahha nice

looks good Disco
Back to top Go down
robbie2883

robbie2883

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous EmptyWed 16 Jan 2008, 10:50 am

NICE INSTALL DAVE!!! looks really clean man. quick question though, how come you didn't mount them on the bottom side of the manifold? it would have allowed you to mount the nozzles with a straight shot into the center of the runner instead of at angle. it could possibly cause a puddling effect on the top of the runners since it'll be spraying in that direction, but then again might not at all. not trying to scare ya, probably won't matter, just pointing that out.

i'll get up with you this week about doing the fuel lines. tomorrow night work for ya?
Back to top Go down
imlowrthnu

imlowrthnu

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous EmptyWed 16 Jan 2008, 10:54 am

Did you ever figure out whether you were gonna run the fogger too? I know there for a while you said you were, Just didnt know if you were or not now....
Back to top Go down
http://www.restylersinc.com
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous EmptyWed 16 Jan 2008, 11:29 am

I angled all the foggers straight into the port so there not sitting straight up. I did tons of research on the DP kits before I even purchaced it. The reason I didnt want to plumb it from the underside like this
Installing Direct Port Nitrous Directportkit

But I am more into the practical application and having the ability to maintain the system. If you plumb it underneath it is a "cleaner looking" install but id rather be able to fix leaks and what not on the fly without having to jack up the car and get underneath. Plus I believe that a well put together DP kit can be a thing of beauty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous Empty

Back to top Go down

Installing Direct Port Nitrous
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next