RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Installing Direct Port Nitrous

Go down 
+17
little white crx
dibsen
JoeC
Fraley
rigged200
low95nissan
imlowrthnu
robbie2883
bp92gsr
tonkatruck66
ls/vtecJon
sir90hatch
lgnd6
ho2nvda
bobzilla850
LordofChaos
Disco
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Jan 2008, 11:51 am

your face is a thing of beauty, i iwish i could see the pics, or any pics on the site for that matter, damn government interwebs.
Back to top Go down
robbie2883

robbie2883

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Jan 2008, 12:15 pm

either way, looks damn good man. so tomorrow night work for ya?
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Jan 2008, 1:23 pm

Yes fo sho tomorrow night is good. Call me
Back to top Go down
imlowrthnu

imlowrthnu

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Jan 2008, 1:44 pm

But wait if its Cleaner Looking why didnt you do it? Cleaner is Always Better! You Know This! LOL Just Kiddin with ya....
Back to top Go down
http://www.restylersinc.com
bp92gsr

bp92gsr

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 EmptySat 19 Jan 2008, 6:38 pm

damn straight. i agree with you dave and for a minute i was confused with that pic of the other dp kit installed on the bottom.
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 EmptySun 20 Jan 2008, 9:02 pm

Ok so on friday my new lines showed up along with the brand new fuel solonoid. I ordered 2 new lines and they sent me three, obviously knowing that I had to order the two due to the fact that I messed up two of the origional ones. I like any company thatll hook me up like that. And I got the new fuel solonoid so that when bothe my fuel solonoids are sitting next to each other they match. Plus if your old fuel solonoid fails then that means rellly bad problems. Nitrous with no fuel is a bad combination if your not tuned for it. I would have already installed it all but its pretty cold out there in the carport and ive been super busy lately.
Back to top Go down
imlowrthnu

imlowrthnu

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2008, 9:01 am

DISCO! I have to Ask.... Which Was it..... Fuel System or Halo 3? And you know what Im Talkin about!
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2008, 9:12 am

Ok I need to fill everyone in.

I went home yesterday after visiting Robbie and Chris at Restylers yesterday and got straight to work on the Direct port kit. I got the last two lines bent and set in place, to ensure everything would bolt up i tightened everything down just a little. Then I proceded to take it all back apart and clean clean clean. I cleaned every little piece very carefully to ensure that I got all the tiny little fragments of metal off of all the pieces. Once everything was super clean I sealed all the intake holes in the mani with blue painters tape and sealed the throttle body area. Once that was all done I reinstalled the foggers with teflon tape angeling them so that they would all spray directly towards the ports on the head reducing any chances of puddeling. All this took a solid two to three hours since I am insanely meticulious and a little OCD about my car. Once the mani was finished I moved on to mocking up my new fuel distribution system. I think I have come up with a nice mounting location that will serve its purpose well. Heres a quick pic I took to give an idea. The distribution block is the red thing that the FPG is mounted to. The tee comming off the D block is where my solonoids will mount. There is another hole on the other side next to the tee for my fuel rail feed line and one more hole on the bottom so I can mount my fuel filter. I cant wait to see what my fuel pressure is after this change it should increase.

Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 DSCF12571
Back to top Go down
imlowrthnu

imlowrthnu

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2008, 9:49 am

Very Nice, Very Nice.... Im sooooo Glad it wasnt the Halo Option, LOL, LMAO! But yes, I do like the Setup and it is Very Clean, Congrats man....
Back to top Go down
sir90hatch
Super Mugenator
sir90hatch

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2008, 6:20 pm

Looking good disco, I can't wait to see it in person and action Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 550103
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sir90hatch
low95nissan

low95nissan

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2008, 9:06 pm

when is the completion date?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/joe_87_ty
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2008, 9:43 pm

Today I tackled my fuel rail to get it ready to accept the new main feed line. I had to take all the injectors out and remover the FPR (fuel Pressure regulator) so I could unscrew the stock end fitting on the rail. This proved to be a slight PITA (pain in the a$$) since Honda never designed it to be removed and I didnt have the corresponding nuts to thread against each other and back it out that way. Either way that thing was set in there really tight. I ended up having to bolt it down to my workbench and use a set of vise grips. (Robbie you were right) After some tense moments, thinking I was gonna break my fuel rail, it finally let go and backed out.
I have no idea when its gonna be finished. Theres tons of little fittings and stuff to buy. I also figured since I had to remove the injectors I may as well replace the injector O rings. My throttle body gasket was also ripped so I ordered one of those too. Maybe a couple more weeks and ill have it running. I just take tons of time and money so I can get it all the way I want it.
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jan 2008, 8:56 am

Ohh and heres a double post to kinda bump the thread and to explain to some of you who may not know that this car is not my daily driver so when its apart it really doesnt bother me. I like to be able to go outside and tinker with it bit by bit. I love working on my car. I dont know what im gonna do when this car is finished, if thats possible. I guess ill get back to work on the project CRX when the teg is fiished.

Id be dangerous if I were rich.
Back to top Go down
LordofChaos

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jan 2008, 11:55 am

Disco wrote:
Ohh and heres a double post to kinda bump the thread and to explain to some of you who may not know that this car is not my daily driver so when its apart it really doesnt bother me. I like to be able to go outside and tinker with it bit by bit. I love working on my car. I dont know what im gonna do when this car is finished, if thats possible. I guess ill get back to work on the project CRX when the teg is fiished.

Id be dangerous if I were rich.

thats how I am as well with my trans am.

i work on it when i feel like it! I have a daily driver for a reason
Back to top Go down
http://www.injectedvids.com
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jan 2008, 3:06 pm

Yesterday I discovered that I needed new injector O rings so some time yesterday afternoon I put in an order with acuraautomotivepartsonline.com and to my utter amazement it showed up today at my door at aroun 1:30. Thats service!!!!

I also went to restylers today and picked up the last of the parts, minus one, that I need to get the fuel system finished. So ill order the final part here sometime soon and have it all finished. Heres a mock up of what ill have when its all done.

Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 DSCF12581
Back to top Go down
sir90hatch
Super Mugenator
sir90hatch

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jan 2008, 7:03 pm

Looks real good Disco
acuraautomotivepartsonline.com is awesome with there shipping, I've ordered a lot from them
And your car will never be done, you can always go faster, and faster, and faster
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sir90hatch
ls/vtecJon

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jan 2008, 7:06 pm

looks good
Back to top Go down
bp92gsr

bp92gsr

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jan 2008, 9:51 pm

how did you mount the new d-block? did you utilize the olf fuel filter braket or did you fab one up?
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jan 2008, 10:20 pm

In the pic the only thing holding the dist block in place is the stock hard fuel line and one zip tie, tied to a brake line. THats just temporary so I can stare at it for a while and decide whether or not I like the placement and the configuration. This is the way I do everything, ill stare at it for days before I secure it all in place. I cant reuse the stock fuel filter bracket since everything is soo different. So im gonna fab up my own brackett. Im dying to make use of my new welder any way so im probably gonna spend a few days just making the brackett. Very Happy I love that kind of fab work. Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 550103 I know its just a brakett but if you can see it, the fire wall is really weirdly shaped in that area and I want whatever brackett I make to be super strong and mount in at least two maybe three diffrent points. Ill do an update on just the brakett for sure.
Back to top Go down
imlowrthnu

imlowrthnu

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Jan 2008, 9:28 am

You Had All Weekend.... Sooooo Any New Pics?
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Jan 2008, 9:31 am

ummmm nahh I really didnt have all weekend. I was insanely busy this weekend so nothing at all got done I will have more progress tonight fo sho.
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Jan 2008, 2:08 am

Ok like I said in my last post I planned on getting some work done tonight and I did with the help and motivation of Little White CRX (aka Joey B). I got started around 1pm fabbing up the brackett that I wanted to support the fuel filter and the solonoids. Johnny Adams was nive enough to give me a sheet of aluminum that was perfect for my application. Thanx Johnny!!! The brackett meeded to be very sturdy and lightweight as well as easy to manipulate and cut. I decided that the best way to mount the brackett would be with the factory mounting holes for the stock fuel filter. So I cut some cardboard out and made a rough template for what I thought I wanted. I went ahead and cut it out of the aluminum and quickly found a better way to approach supporting everything with only one bracket instead of three. So I scrapped the first rendition and made another that was much more practical. Ill take pics of it tomorrow once its cleaned up a bit. The new brackett supports both the fuel solonoids and the fuel distribution block and the fuel filter all in one package.

After mocking it up and making sure it all fits Joey and I started reassembling the intake mani with the injectors and the throttle body. All of which got new seals and gaskets. Once it was all bolted up we re attached all the coolant lines and wiring. I had to modify the stock injector harness a little but it is still basically stock looking and will be easy to maintain like factory parts should be. No silly tuck required or lengthening of any wires. Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 550103 I like to keep as much as I can in stock form to ensure longevity and performance.

We placed a small order for the remaining parts needed to plumb up the rest of the kit. She will be up and running in another week or so if all goes well.
Back to top Go down
rigged200

rigged200

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Jan 2008, 2:48 am

looking good disco.....what you think you'd do at the track once all said and done??? you think you'll see 7's???
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Jan 2008, 7:49 pm

Ive been working on designing the brackett that will allow me to secure both the distribution block and the fuel solonoids using their stock hardware. After making three different versions this is what ive come up with. Im pretty happy with fact that it mounts using the stock fuel filter nuts and bolts.

Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 DSCF12631
Back to top Go down
Fraley

Fraley

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Jan 2008, 8:48 pm

OMG is there anything you can't do?!?
Looks Great!! Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 550103
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installing Direct Port Nitrous   Installing Direct Port Nitrous - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Installing Direct Port Nitrous
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next