RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
stxsrt

stxsrt

Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class Empty
PostSubject: Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class   Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 5:51 pm

Is it true that there will be a sport compact class @ Holt in the near future?
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class   Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 5:59 pm

Back to top Go down
little white crx
Super Darthmodervador
little white crx

PostSubject: Re: Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class   Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 9:07 pm

i unlocked this to gather more info...

that is just one race you linked to dave.

what i would like to know is what kind of intrest would racers show for a sport compact class? what kind of things would racer like to see towards rules and payouts?
Back to top Go down
stxsrt

stxsrt

PostSubject: Re: Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class   Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class EmptyWed 09 Jan 2008, 5:24 pm

Thanks for unlocking this, That thread was just an event not a actual season.

I think payouts will be detemined by participation of course. I would like to see the rules based off existing Sport compact classes already in place.

If this is really going to happen I will dedicate my car solely for track use. This will be great for the Gulf Coast IMO if this happens.
Back to top Go down
little white crx
Super Darthmodervador
little white crx

PostSubject: Re: Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class   Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class EmptyWed 09 Jan 2008, 5:48 pm

ive tried to get a fwd class going at holt before but had very limited turnouts. maxium of 7 or 8 cars in 5-6 races
if we could get enough people interested i could defintly make it happen.

the problem with just looking at prexisting classes is that there are too many of them and not enough local cars to make one interesting,
example the class that seems like an obvious winner is a spfwd/ turbo street combo but is you look at the rules of the class there are 2 local cars that are capable of 6.90s but then the next closest cars are in the 8.00s to 8.40s

just a feeler how does a dot tire fwd class sound, something like nopis power street but with much more open rules... pretty much dot tires and a 4 cylinder engine or dot tires and fwd.
Back to top Go down
little white crx
Super Darthmodervador
little white crx

PostSubject: Re: Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class   Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class EmptyThu 10 Jan 2008, 12:55 am

come on guys 220 members and only 2 interested.... Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class   Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class EmptyThu 10 Jan 2008, 12:56 am

pfft i didnt hear anything about a jeep.
Back to top Go down
ECH257

ECH257

PostSubject: Re: Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class   Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class EmptyThu 10 Jan 2008, 9:50 am

If it would help I would push to throw together a car. with Joey's help that is.

I would like to see a sport compact bracket program on a test n tune night also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class   Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class EmptyThu 10 Jan 2008, 9:53 am

I'm back on the RWD again kick so I might hit up the track in a few weeks or so.
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class   Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class EmptyThu 10 Jan 2008, 2:29 pm

im in Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class 532323
Back to top Go down
little white crx
Super Darthmodervador
little white crx

PostSubject: Re: Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class   Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class EmptyThu 10 Jan 2008, 3:38 pm

Here is what I'm thinking about proposing...

Heads Up on a .400 pro tree first person to the finish line wins!
d.o.t. approved tires only (this includes drag radials)
fwd or rwd sport compact cars
4 cylinder engines allowed any power adder combo and drag radials allowed
6 cylinder engines allowed one power adder and only a true street radial no drag radials allowed

few small things come to mind...

how can we include awd cars??? maybe limit them to a true street radial even this would make it fairly easy for them to run 7.70s which is a very distinct advantage?

also what to do about dot approved slicks such as quick time pros? disallow them, let them run as is, or limit the size allowed with these particular tires?

is see this as being an a fairly easy class to be competitive in probably take only 8.80s or so to win rounds, quickest cars in the class may run 7.90s-7.80s at very best but it would take the class a while for the cars to get to that point.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class   Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class EmptyThu 10 Jan 2008, 4:07 pm

Most good AWD platforms are easily high 7-low 8 on street tires as long as they can drive. Not sure if they should be in the same class as the FWD; But im not a track guru, so i have no idea.

I also may be interested after i get my new clutch and some cheap slicks. A few buds ran 7.8-7.9 on the same setup as myself on slicks, but i've never used them befor. I feel like trying my luck lol. Dunno, ill decide about it when the time comes i guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class   Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class Empty

Back to top Go down

Sport Compact Heads Up Racing Class
Page 1 of 1