RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...

Go down 
+10
ho2nvda
Scubasteve
sbd4de3
sir90hatch
robbie2883
LaydOut
Moose
LordofChaos
Disco
GSRCivic
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... Empty
PostSubject: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... EmptyMon 14 Jan 2008, 12:20 am

So, Saturday night I get in my car and start it and it won't go into gear at all. I turn the car off and back on then it goes into gear...I think nothing more of it. Neutral

This morning, I start the car and it won't go into gear. I now start to worry, I turn the car off and back on and it still won't go into gear. scratch I turn the car off, put it in reverse, start the car and it jumps back as though I don't have the clutch in, but then the RPM's go down as it should and is fine for the rest of the day...until...TONIGHT! Shocked

I get in my car at 9:23PM, Start the car and it won't go into gear. I'm thinking, "Ok, I need to get this checked, but at least I know how to fix it now" Cool ...WRONG. I turn the car off, put it in reverse, start the car and it acts as though the clutch doesn't exist. It jumps backwards a couple of times and dies. I'm thinking "OH CRAP No " and put it in first, Start it and it jumps forward and dies.

I have to push the car out of the driveway backwards, get it in the street, put it in first then start the car and GO...like there's no clutch. I only live about 1.05 miles from L'Orange Automotive Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... 550103 , so I figured I would see if I could get it up there. I keep pushing in the clutch and the rpms don't go down. FINALLY, about half way there, the RPMs drop when I put in the clutch so I'm able to switch gears. I called Dennis to let him know the car was having issues and I needed them to look it over. This sucks royaly... Mad

Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... 711201
**NO L'ORANGE BASHING PLEASE...I'M NOT IN THE MOOD TO HEAR YOUR OPINION ON THAT...THOSE COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY THREAD**
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/guitarchan16
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... EmptyMon 14 Jan 2008, 12:22 am

That really blows mann good luck
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... EmptyMon 14 Jan 2008, 12:30 am

Yeah...and I forgot to mention the awful burning smell that was coming from the engine bay. Not sure what it was, but it smelled like metal burning...this is def. not good at all... Sad

And I have no money either. confused
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... EmptyMon 14 Jan 2008, 12:30 am

Happy birthday to me huh... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... EmptyMon 14 Jan 2008, 12:31 am

sounds like a bad clutch
Back to top Go down
LordofChaos

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... EmptyMon 14 Jan 2008, 1:10 am

sounds like ur pressure plate is dead... or whatever engages/disgenages it (dont know if u have hydro, mechanical, or cable) has broken.

the smell i almost guarantee is the clutch disc itself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.injectedvids.com
Moose

Moose

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... EmptyMon 14 Jan 2008, 1:15 am

dude, i swear i just effing posted a reply to this like 10 mins ago but it seems to have disappeared >_<

but i def. feel you pain on the unexpected expenses, i've only had my car for a little bit and i killed my clutch in it Sad its been in my driveway for 3 weeks Sad SadSad
Back to top Go down
LordofChaos

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... EmptyMon 14 Jan 2008, 1:35 am

i also feel the pain in clutches. i dropped my tranny 7 times in my trans am for clutch problems after havint he trans rebuilt when it broke.

first clutch went bad, put new one in, new pressure plate went bad, new clutch/press plate in, master cylinder went bad, after new master cylinder slave cylinder went bad, then after slave was replaced master went bad again, got a new master then clutch died from all the slipping it had done. luckily i only paid for one clutch through that whole ordeal, and got quite good at droppin my tranny (slave is inside tranny, master cylinder is hard to change if u dont know how than the friggin tranny!). last time i did it it took me 3 1/2 hrs from start to finish and driving away.

good luck!
Back to top Go down
LaydOut

LaydOut

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... EmptyMon 14 Jan 2008, 3:59 am

that sucks man, sorry bout that
Back to top Go down
robbie2883

robbie2883

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... EmptyMon 14 Jan 2008, 9:10 am

LordofChaos wrote:
or
whatever engages/disgenages it (dont know if u have hydro, mechanical,
or cable) has broken.

the smell i almost guarantee is the clutch disc itself.

i'd have to agree with chris on this.. sounds more like the clutch master cylinder. you SHOULD have a hydrolic clutch and if there's no fluid then there's no clutch! Wink check the clutch fluid level and let us know. the master cylinder is actually a cheap easy fix.

the smell could be explained by the clutch not engauging and you trying to force it into gears
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... EmptyMon 14 Jan 2008, 9:15 am

We just replaced his MC a couple months ago
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... EmptyMon 14 Jan 2008, 9:18 am

Dang dude... that blows. On another not, I'm not trying to stir anything up, but why would someone bash L'Orange? I've never heard anything bad about them. I just hear that they are crazy honda fooools, haha. I guess it's just who you talk to.

Anyway, keep us updated!
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... EmptyMon 14 Jan 2008, 9:53 am

Yeah...they're great...just that there are a couple of people that had bad experiences with them. But we won't go into that and it won't be discussed on my thread. Anyway, as Disco said, I replaced my clutch master Cylinder about 2 months ago so it won't be that. There's plenty of fluid and the clutch feels fine so I think it's most likely clutch/pressure plate engaging issues. Like a spring got messed up or something... scratch
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... EmptyMon 14 Jan 2008, 5:04 pm

Clutch was over adjusted...fixed cheers . More details later... Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... 98564
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... EmptyMon 14 Jan 2008, 5:47 pm

Ok...so when the clutch master cylinder was put on, the clutch was over adjusted. It was fixed and is now back to normal. YAY...no expenses for me! Happy Dance time...
Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... 98564 Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... 98564 Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... 98564 Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... 98564 Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... 98564 Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... 98564 Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... 98564

So I guess I WILL have a happy birthday afterall...YAY Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... 958575
Back to top Go down
sir90hatch
Super Mugenator
sir90hatch

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... EmptyMon 14 Jan 2008, 5:53 pm

Yay, glad it was that and not something serious, Happy B-Day
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sir90hatch
Moose

Moose

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... EmptyMon 14 Jan 2008, 5:56 pm

lucky Sad but im glad it isn't anything serious!!!
Back to top Go down
sbd4de3

sbd4de3

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... EmptyMon 14 Jan 2008, 5:59 pm

Whew! And happy b-day!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/big_steve_d
Scubasteve

Scubasteve

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... EmptyMon 14 Jan 2008, 6:09 pm

dude I feel your pain I just paid for my clutch today.
Back to top Go down
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... EmptyMon 14 Jan 2008, 8:27 pm

glad you got it fixed man, i'd like to go to L' orange i just don't have time to go to niceville, if anything just to check em out
Back to top Go down
FightersGarage

FightersGarage

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... EmptyMon 14 Jan 2008, 11:58 pm

What does over adjusted mean? You adjusted the pedal linkage/engagement?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fighters-garage.com
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... EmptyTue 15 Jan 2008, 12:18 am

Did it again tonight... Suspect

But did the whole, "start it in gear" and it jumped and was fine. We'll see what it does in the morning. Either way, someone's getting a phone call.
Back to top Go down
ails98

ails98

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... EmptyTue 15 Jan 2008, 2:26 am

chandler..... ashley had the EXACT same problem with her hatchback an we took it to denise....idk wut he did he just turned some bolt under ur clutch pedal an it worked perfect. Just take it back to them man an tell them wuts going on. If its anything like ashleys its probly nothing major
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... EmptyTue 15 Jan 2008, 10:37 am

Well...that's what they said. It was just a matter of adjusting the clutch, but here's the weird thing, it only seems to happen after the car's been sitting for a while (when the cars not warmed up). So it's hard to diagnose something that's intermitant. Cause it did it again this morning, but then was fine after I got it going. This really sucks though. I called Dennis this morning and he's going to look at it again tomorrow. Hopefully we can get this thing fixed without having to buy a new clutch or anything like that. Neutral
Back to top Go down
LordofChaos

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... EmptyTue 15 Jan 2008, 10:41 am

they wont warranty it if its a bad clutch?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... Empty

Back to top Go down

Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next