RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...

Go down 
+10
ho2nvda
Scubasteve
sbd4de3
sir90hatch
robbie2883
LaydOut
Moose
LordofChaos
Disco
GSRCivic
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... - Page 2 EmptyTue 15 Jan 2008, 10:52 am

I was hoping there would be scratch , but I don't want to have to find out...that's the thing. I'd rather not have to deal with that. Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... - Page 2 808316
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/guitarchan16
bp92gsr

bp92gsr

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Jan 2008, 6:10 pm

i know exactly how you feel. i had been working on a three hour job that ended up taking me three days to complete. it was a used intake manifold by AEBS. i get to working on it an everything was going fine till i go to put the aebs on. the intake runners are webbed together unlike the stock manifold which made it extremely hard to get to the last two bolts on the underside. i eventually get everything back together and go to prime the fuel pump. checks good. then the start. i turn the key and the tach automatically revs to redline w/o applying any throttle. i had an entirely to big of a vaccum leak that i couldnt find. i ended up takeing everything back out and i could find anything detached or disconnected. it took me two days to do this do to a lack of time after work before the sun went down. i got so frustrated, enough to where i just ended up putting the stock manifold back on with just a small part still added( hondata intake mani gasket). i forgot to mention that when i took it out for like the fifth time tryin to find the problem that i broke a $123 knock sensor and messed up nearly all injector tips by cracking the plastic casing around the sprayers.
Back to top Go down
bp92gsr

bp92gsr

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Jan 2008, 6:13 pm

oh yeah, i have to add that i did some research on the aebs manifold and its says specifically in its description that it doesnt fit gsr model
Back to top Go down
ls/vtecJon

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Jan 2008, 6:32 pm

ha that suck brandon
Back to top Go down
bp92gsr

bp92gsr

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Jan 2008, 6:54 pm

its fine now and idles perfect so im not to worried about it.
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Jan 2008, 4:53 pm

So...started car today...it was acting like the clutch didn't even exist. I drove it all the way to L'Orange and Never once did the RPMs come down at all. So it's sitting up there...and I have no car... Sad
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... - Page 2 EmptyFri 18 Jan 2008, 8:32 pm

Alright...looks like we're gonna have to pull the Tranny...it's either a busted Clutch or something in the tranny. I'm guessing a Clutch issue...but who knows...all I know is I don't have that kind of money...but I need the car. AAAHHHH!!! Shocked

Fund raiser for Chan anyone?
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2008, 12:26 pm

Alright...so it was the clutch. It was burnt up...BAD. Shocked For some reason, the clutch disc got glued to the pressure plate from getting really hot and then sitting. Like taking it to the track and running it a few times then driving it home and it just sitting. Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... - Page 2 715828 It would forge to the pressure plate, then when I got in it to go again, it would be stuck to it and burn even more. We talked to Competition Clutch (CC) and they said that it happens every now and again and they're not sure why it does it. One side of the clutch disc looked brand new and the other side looked like it was a few years old and had been abused. It was crazy. I'll see if they still have it so I can take some pictures...it looked horrible and smelled even worse.

Anyway, so we had to get a whole new clutch, but CC gave us a deal on a new one for about $220 for the same Stage 3 that I have. So that was a pretty good deal. And I got a deal on the labor and everything, so it turned out to be a little better than expected ($800-$1000ish), but still sucks. Anyway, should get the car back on the road today. cheers I'm so ready for it...I hate not having my car bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...   Don't you love to have unexpected expenses... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Don't you love to have unexpected expenses...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2