RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"THE STRIP"

Go down 
+5
mot[t]or
Baker
ECH257
GSRCivic
bp92gsr
9 posters
AuthorMessage
bp92gsr

bp92gsr

"THE STRIP" Empty
PostSubject: "THE STRIP"   "THE STRIP" EmptySun 20 Jan 2008, 7:25 pm

alright to everyone who reads this post... tell atleast everyone you know and then more about events and weekend test and tunes that emerald coast dragway offers. get as many people together that you can and go race legally and have fun. i understand that the car numbers were considerably low this weekend which is crazy for a annual re-open. if it takes lying to your boss or manager about being sick or having a family emergency on a sat or sun, do it. it will be much better than working while thinking that you could be racing instead. trust me i did it all the time. it was fun and my e.t dropped 2 tenths more than i though my lowest e.t was due to repetitive experiences each time i went down the track. plus it was an adrenaline rush.

"THE STRIP" 532323 "THE STRIP" 943492
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

"THE STRIP" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE STRIP"   "THE STRIP" EmptyMon 21 Jan 2008, 3:04 am

What was you best time?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/guitarchan16
ECH257

ECH257

"THE STRIP" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE STRIP"   "THE STRIP" EmptyMon 21 Jan 2008, 8:52 am

Chandler, Brandon was talking about in previous years. Brandon no lives in Oklahoma.
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

"THE STRIP" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE STRIP"   "THE STRIP" EmptyMon 21 Jan 2008, 9:11 am

Oh...ok...i get it now. I thought he was saying that he was disappointed because he went and nobody was there. scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/guitarchan16
bp92gsr

bp92gsr

"THE STRIP" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE STRIP"   "THE STRIP" EmptyMon 21 Jan 2008, 1:20 pm

believe me if i had the chance to be back at home i would be at the track every weekend regardless of how many people showed up. i would hate to see holt fall apart. not only is drag racing something i love to do but it is my life otside the airforce. me and lary both have put our hard work and effort to keep the track going by working for the tindles and johnny jordan. i had a hell of a time out there and id hate to see that track close do to money issues. plus i have to have a place to bracket race when i come back to florida when my enlistment is up in 3 years.
Back to top Go down
Baker

Baker

"THE STRIP" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE STRIP"   "THE STRIP" EmptyMon 21 Jan 2008, 1:25 pm

i agree, support your local track!!!

Race legally! It's safer and smarter and legaler. LOL
Back to top Go down
mot[t]or

mot[t]or

"THE STRIP" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE STRIP"   "THE STRIP" EmptyTue 22 Jan 2008, 8:22 pm

My girlfriend works out at emerald coast and she's friends with the owner. If there were a bunch of people interested I might could get us a track test and tune day all for Race850 or maybe get a full out race day. But I don't know what the fees would be like and like i said there would have to be quite a few people interested. Let me know what you guys think and I'll try to get something together.

I agree we need to get that place up and running again. And it'll be great for a positive influence for our less mature members who feel the need to take racing to the streets.
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

"THE STRIP" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE STRIP"   "THE STRIP" EmptyTue 22 Jan 2008, 8:48 pm

Were already planning out anual "King of the Streets bash" at Emerald coast dragway. Im up there every weekend and have spoken in length to the powers that be up there about it. We apprecitate the fact that your thinking about race850 so deeply. So that being said all the help we can get to make this race happen is much appreciated. As soon as I can get a gaurenteed date from Johnny Jordan we will post it.
Back to top Go down
lightin

lightin

"THE STRIP" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE STRIP"   "THE STRIP" EmptyWed 23 Jan 2008, 4:22 pm

your still slow
Back to top Go down
spyder1337

spyder1337

"THE STRIP" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE STRIP"   "THE STRIP" EmptyWed 23 Jan 2008, 7:40 pm

One of the reasons the turn out was not so great, it was in the 30's with a 20 something windchill until about 12 and then it didn't get much warmer. Not to mention the football game was on. Just was a suckie day, it was to cold to hook, track was cold. Someone needs to talk to someone and get that thing to be made into a 1/4th.. the money they would bring. 1/8th sucks man.
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

"THE STRIP" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE STRIP"   "THE STRIP" EmptyWed 23 Jan 2008, 7:45 pm

Itll never be a 1/4 the county wont let it happen. I too wish we could run the 1/4 but this is what weve got so I build my car to run it.

Spyder I thought you loved the track youre there all the time. scratch
Back to top Go down
spyder1337

spyder1337

"THE STRIP" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE STRIP"   "THE STRIP" EmptyWed 23 Jan 2008, 7:51 pm

I like holt, been going there for about 10 years. I just don't like the 1/8th, and after running the 1/4th it makes running the 1/8th even worse. It's the only decent track within an hour so there really isn't another choice and i'm not like some of my other friends who would just rather not run it because they don't have the big end to make up for the crappy take off. Not like it matters, both my cars have blown motors, won't be seeing me around anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

"THE STRIP" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE STRIP"   "THE STRIP" EmptyWed 23 Jan 2008, 10:57 pm

The lightning is blown up?!?!?!?! I just saw you at the track on suday when did it happen?
Back to top Go down
spyder1337

spyder1337

"THE STRIP" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE STRIP"   "THE STRIP" EmptyThu 24 Jan 2008, 9:43 am

Oh the way home on i10. Forgot to hook up a hose that pulls air from the head, well it was pulling in unmetered air Sad
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

"THE STRIP" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE STRIP"   "THE STRIP" EmptyThu 24 Jan 2008, 11:52 am

Dude I hate it for ya man. That was your work truck too wasnt it? Do you have another DD?
Back to top Go down
spyder1337

spyder1337

"THE STRIP" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE STRIP"   "THE STRIP" EmptyThu 24 Jan 2008, 8:23 pm

It was my daily, used to be my work truck but I have another f-150 I have been using. Thing that sucks is it's going to be made faster since I broke it.. Smile
Back to top Go down
bp92gsr

bp92gsr

"THE STRIP" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE STRIP"   "THE STRIP" EmptyFri 25 Jan 2008, 8:49 pm

the reason why ricky booby likes 1/4 mile is b/c he's got boost and boost is slow from the get go. i dont see nitrous cars complaining about making up for the crappy takeoffs they made. thats because nitrous is all there all the time all at once. i think joey would agree. 1/4 mile is fun but 1/8 mile just feels like home. itll never go to an 1/4 mile track so learn how to GO FAST. sorry about the truck. damn fords! lol
Back to top Go down
spyder1337

spyder1337

"THE STRIP" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE STRIP"   "THE STRIP" EmptySat 26 Jan 2008, 3:13 pm

bp92gsr wrote:
the reason why ricky booby likes 1/4 mile is b/c he's got boost and boost is slow from the get go. i dont see nitrous cars complaining about making up for the crappy takeoffs they made. thats because nitrous is all there all the time all at once. i think joey would agree. 1/4 mile is fun but 1/8 mile just feels like home. itll never go to an 1/4 mile track so learn how to GO FAST. sorry about the truck. damn fords! lol

Haha you obviously have never seen a positive displacment blowers dyno graph. I have 450 rwtq at 2k.. which is what I take off from, eric's car has 550 rwtq at 2k and we don't have to fill up bottles Wink but I have a bottle on the red car too so it's a win win posey.. boost and spray. I like the 8th for my truck, not enough room for faster cars to run me down when I tree and hook better. My truck runs the same time my cobra does in the 8th basically, 1/4th it would be about 1.5 secs difference and about 25 mph.
Back to top Go down
98vtec

"THE STRIP" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE STRIP"   "THE STRIP" EmptyWed 06 Feb 2008, 2:44 am

just about the only decent thing about living in tallahassee is that i'm under 2 hours from SGMP in south georgia which is a pretty decent 1/4 track. I'm gonna miss driving short distances to the track when i move back to pensacola..Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"THE STRIP" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE STRIP"   "THE STRIP" Empty

Back to top Go down

"THE STRIP"
Page 1 of 1