RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Your HONEST opinion on skittles....

Go down 
+8
Disco
J-Pro
Reign_Maker
Kaylurmo
KongGMC
asuaruto~tenshi
tonkatruck66
Veilside850
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Reign_Maker
Admin
Reign_Maker

Your HONEST opinion on skittles.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your HONEST opinion on skittles....   Your HONEST opinion on skittles.... - Page 2 EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 1:31 am

Oh, thanks to you Mr Will... See, who says you cant contribute actual information, lol...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your HONEST opinion on skittles....   Your HONEST opinion on skittles.... - Page 2 EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 1:32 am

I know a little about a lot, sir.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your HONEST opinion on skittles....   Your HONEST opinion on skittles.... - Page 2 EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 1:40 am

as youve sated earlier, but the HONDA has way more potential. power wise and handling and looks wise, so um, stick with the honduh, DUH!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your HONEST opinion on skittles....   Your HONEST opinion on skittles.... - Page 2 EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 1:42 am

How does a honda have more potential than a factory turbo-charged vehicle?

The potential only goes as far as the mighty dollar goes. 300hp stock > 135hp with a crappy powerband, haha.
Back to top Go down
Kaylurmo

Kaylurmo

PostSubject: Re: Your HONEST opinion on skittles....   Your HONEST opinion on skittles.... - Page 2 EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 1:43 am

ok, apparently i wasnt paying attention. and sorry if im repeating myself, but no its not JUST a neon. its an R/T. yes, its 9 years old but its not unmodified. i plan on putting an srt4 motor in it if i cant sell it and somehow come across a big wad of cash.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your HONEST opinion on skittles....   Your HONEST opinion on skittles.... - Page 2 EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 1:52 am

it has more potential because of the motor you can put in it, any variation of the killer k, add some boost, there you go, more power potention, grannit srts can make great power on stock internals, but the stroker kit for that motor is 7 grand for the complete package, no thanks.

id rather k20, build the bottom un, run a gt35r hello 600 + whp. and still have the killer looks and cheaper insurance. holla.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your HONEST opinion on skittles....   Your HONEST opinion on skittles.... - Page 2 EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 1:58 am

How much would a K swap cost? Adding boost to that "killer" K? Why would you wanto stroke a 2.4 when it already has a low red-line of 6200rpms?

Like I said... potential is usually shaped with money. The best bang for the buck is a factory turbo-charged vehicle.

Them - "Dude, I just got a new DC header, AEM intake, and Skunk2 cat-back! I'm making about 150whp now!"

Me - "I just made a boost controller with home depot parts for $3, turned the boost up to 15psi and I'm making over 200whp."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your HONEST opinion on skittles....   Your HONEST opinion on skittles.... - Page 2 EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 2:07 am

ok, lets take in the fact, integra, usually = no payments, srt4, payments, so take the money saved from no payments, drop 7 k for a k fully installed with all goodies, and ks with bolt ons dyno over 200 whp..., anyways like i said far more potential, and a stock 2.0ltr k can make the same power on stock internals as a stock internal srt., im just sayin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your HONEST opinion on skittles....   Your HONEST opinion on skittles.... - Page 2 EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 2:08 am

i happen to know a little bit about a lot especially with honda's, and having a srt4 wiz as my roomate doesnt hurt lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your HONEST opinion on skittles....   Your HONEST opinion on skittles.... - Page 2 EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 2:11 am

I guess I'm just your local honda hater. I still stand by the fact that you can't go wrong with a factory turbo car. He should just get a DSM if he's looking for cheap power. "But they break allll the timeeee." You don't know until you've owned/mod'd one. Mine is problem free Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your HONEST opinion on skittles....   Your HONEST opinion on skittles.... - Page 2 EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 2:13 am

never had a problem with mine 20gd at 155k miles. its weird when you take care of your car that it lasts lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your HONEST opinion on skittles....   Your HONEST opinion on skittles.... - Page 2 EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 2:15 am

Nice!
Back to top Go down
Reign_Maker
Admin
Reign_Maker

PostSubject: Re: Your HONEST opinion on skittles....   Your HONEST opinion on skittles.... - Page 2 EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 2:39 am

birdy wrote:
My THIRD dsm is problem free Smile
Edited for accuracy... Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your HONEST opinion on skittles....   Your HONEST opinion on skittles.... - Page 2 EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 2:41 am

My first one was a reliable beast until I blew it up, haha.

My second one had an oil leak and the timing was horribly off because I ran it so hard without a knock sensor for so long.

My third is 6 bolt swapped Smile
Back to top Go down
J-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Your HONEST opinion on skittles....   Your HONEST opinion on skittles.... - Page 2 EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 7:31 am

if you don't want to spend too much money and be pretty quick i'd say go with teh skittle bro. in order to make any honda fast it honestly costs a lot of money because most need a swap, a turbo, or in some cases both. but if you've got the money to blow i'd keep the teg, save up buy and build a k series.

and it's not just old cars that have problems so don't let that be the deciding factor in selling it. all cars will have problems once you start modifying them.
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Your HONEST opinion on skittles....   Your HONEST opinion on skittles.... - Page 2 EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 8:48 am

Dang I cant believe someone would even think of getting rid of a teg for a NEON. Sad day. I like the srt4 but not enough to get rid of my teg. I agree with birdy on this one if you really wana go fast get an AWD or RWD platform. Less money to make them stick.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Your HONEST opinion on skittles....   Your HONEST opinion on skittles.... - Page 2 EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 9:43 am

Being a Skittle owner myself, it really depends truthfully. On your budget and a few other factors. The stock block srt-4 has potential for 450ish WHP but i have seen 500 on 1 or 2 of them, but are ticking time bombs at that point. They are also Really torquey engines, and produce wild torque numbers even on high HP cars. But like birdy said earlier, Mod mod mod = Spin Spin Spin. Its also much cheaper to make the NEON faster than the honda i assume. Drop like 1500-2000 and thats probably well worth over 400+whp and torque not far behind.

Stock turbo also has potential in it. Small TD04, but capable of instantaneous spool, and Hitting peak numbers very fast for ripping those v8 guys =P. 300whp peak is about what youll hit without any port work/external WGA and some kind of Meth. BUT the downside is the stock turbo's TOPEND. I have ripped countless v8's up to 110-120, than the turbo falls flat on its face

Now days you should be able to find them for descently cheap, but make sure its an 04 or 05 since only those have LSD and slightly bigger injectors stock.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Your HONEST opinion on skittles....   Your HONEST opinion on skittles.... - Page 2 EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 9:48 am

birdy wrote:
They don't have blow off valves. They have something called like a "surge" plate or something. It's weird... the exhaust manifold, turbo, and wastegate are all one unit so it takes no time for that excess air to reach the little plate that lets the air out.

The one thing i hate about these stock turbo cars and makes it look so ricer haha. Its even worse for us with Aftermarket BOV's like my HKS. So loud for no reason, i mean it blows off in fucking VAC!. ALso a big reason to why alot of them blow off so early like mine is my Tougher WGA Spring. Boost build is instantaneous so sometimes we cannot help blowing off. Just a by product of modding stock turbo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your HONEST opinion on skittles....   Your HONEST opinion on skittles.... - Page 2 EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 1:00 pm

Disco wrote:
Dang I cant believe someone would even think of getting rid of a teg for a NEON. Sad day. I like the srt4 but not enough to get rid of my teg. I agree with birdy on this one if you really wana go fast get an AWD or RWD platform. Less money to make them stick.

Integra = old n/a car that is forever slow unless you build/turbo or build/spray it.

SRT-4 = new turbo car that is already "quick" from the factory that doesn't need to be built unless you exceed 450whp.
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: Your HONEST opinion on skittles....   Your HONEST opinion on skittles.... - Page 2 EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 1:49 pm

SRT - 4 = Already "Suped Up" Neon that you'll spend at least 8-10g's more on than your teg...

GSR = Car you can work on and have fun with. And for about 5g's (less than you'd spend on the SRT- 4) You can have a 350whp beast that will blow away any SRT-4 unless it's super beafed up...

In conclusion. The teg looks better (just my opinion), is more reliable, and is CHEAPER. You'll spend so much less money on suping up your teg than you would buying an SRT-4...AND on top of that, you can say that YOU did it and not the manufacturer...that's just my opinion on it... Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/guitarchan16
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Your HONEST opinion on skittles....   Your HONEST opinion on skittles.... - Page 2 EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 3:20 pm

GSRCivic wrote:
SRT - 4 = Already "Suped Up" Neon that you'll spend at least 8-10g's more on than your teg...
Who says he has to spend that much more on it? I mean yeah if he finances it, but its not like he has to pay it all up front... so you can go ahead and cancel that logic right there. Not to mention there are some cheap ones ALREADY pre beefed up for ya and are crazy cheap

GSRCivic wrote:
You can have a 350whp beast that will blow away any SRT-4 unless it's super beafed up...
What is "Super beefed up", i need some clarification. Like i said for about 1500-2000 possibly even less if you find a used setup which is pretty easy, you can make well over 400+ whp on PUMP GAS. As a matter of fact one company right now (AGP) has a sale on 50trim kit's NEW 1500 SHIPPED. Thats not even a built motor yet lols. Thats practically bolt ons. Not to mention the Torque we will output will probably be DOUBLE yours

GSRCivic wrote:
In conclusion. The teg looks better (just my opinion), is more
reliable, and is CHEAPER. You'll spend so much less money on suping up
your teg than you would buying an SRT-4...AND on top of that, you can
say that YOU did it and not the manufacturer...that's just my opinion
on it...

Lols reliability? What proof do you have that the ol neon isnt reliable. I hear about more honda problems with boost than Our cars. I mean stage 3 setup gets you about 350whp, Auto tune's itself, and has a seperate map for Race Gas/Meth. I know peope how havent had problems for a long ass time. Only when you start getting Alot more serious setups do the reliability issues start coming into play. I mean even standard big turbo owners sitting at Low 400whp hardly have any problems but maybe clutch and a balance shaft removal. Maybe an axel or two at the track depending. Our car has a SOLID platform. Don't stereotype it with the regular Neons, It has a totally different drive train.

And what part of the neon arent you doing yourself? Even when you go big turbo you swap alot of things out. I mean the stock turbo's turbine housing is cast into the manifold, so you still need to bolt a new one on it which is like upgrading an NA cars Header if you think about it. Practically most things stock get changed out anyhow. Exhaust/ IC / You add your OWN BOV since the stocker is apart of the turbo itself and is recirc/ WG / Injectors/ SAFC of some sort. I mean comon now, how does this differ than doing an NA to FI setup? The same shit gets changed out, just you can keep somethings there depending on your HP goals.

I truthfully fail to see alot of your logic. I am by no means a hater, and i like hondas alot. But i mean get the facts straight bro
Back to top Go down
ls/vtecJon

PostSubject: Re: Your HONEST opinion on skittles....   Your HONEST opinion on skittles.... - Page 2 EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 3:24 pm

HAHAHAHHAHA DANNY'S CAR IS THE BADEST SKITTLE EVER I THINK THEY ARE COOL IF YOU DO THE RIGHT SHIT I HATE THE PEOPLE THAT BUY THEM STOCK AND SWEAR UP AND DOWN THEY ARE THE FASTEST THING EVER
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your HONEST opinion on skittles....   Your HONEST opinion on skittles.... - Page 2 EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 3:24 pm

I still can't believe that someone is arguing that an Integra is better than a SRT-4, haha.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Your HONEST opinion on skittles....   Your HONEST opinion on skittles.... - Page 2 EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 3:29 pm

Lol caps lock > You Jon. And no mine is actually slow lol. Debt > Me. And yeah, i hate the obligatory ricers, god damn.

And im not gonna lie, i wouldnt mind a DC2 with a k20 and some boost. But minus the k20, i dont think its anything special until you start building the motor. Something we dont have to do unless 400+ whp isn't your cup of tea. And did i mention i <3 torque?
Back to top Go down
ls/vtecJon

PostSubject: Re: Your HONEST opinion on skittles....   Your HONEST opinion on skittles.... - Page 2 EmptySun 02 Dec 2007, 3:32 pm

PERSONAL ONCE AGAIN NO REASON TO THINK ANY CAR IS BETTER YA STOCK SRT-4 IS FASTER BUT IN MY OPINION THE ARE SLOW STOCK AND SAME WITH INTEGRAS TURBO INTEGRA FTW ON HORSEPOWER AND SRT4 FTW ON TORQUE

I HAVE A SEMI BUILT 1.8 ALL MOTOR AND I HAVE A FRIEND WITH THE ACR STAGE 2 AND I WALK ON HIM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your HONEST opinion on skittles....   Your HONEST opinion on skittles.... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Your HONEST opinion on skittles....
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next