RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Define the term "Ricer"

Go down 
+34
240sxstreet00
sKidz
tonkatruck66
nismodude
RSGLI
Moose
J-Pro
bobzilla850
awdcane
JoeC
sonicblueinteg
imlowrthnu
robbie2883
Pourman
lgnd6
asuaruto~tenshi
ho2nvda
danman132
spyder1337
gdubber
SlowVDub
pwr trpn
pjsj26
LordofChaos
KongGMC
Dan
Cody-Subaru-WRX
Buss-man1994
89 ranger
GSRCivic
sir90hatch
LaydOut
Greatgulley
Disco
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

Define the term "Ricer" Empty
PostSubject: Define the term "Ricer"   Define the term "Ricer" EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 5:05 pm

OK folks im seeing the term "Ricer" being thrown around ALOT. So I want to hear what you all consider a "Ricer". Keep the "I hate riers" talk to a minimum and say your peace. Everyone is entitled to their opinion so lets hear it.
Back to top Go down
Greatgulley

Greatgulley

PostSubject: Re: Define the term "Ricer"   Define the term "Ricer" EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 5:08 pm

The Term Ricer is almost Racist it goes back to Japan since they Have Rice Crops and they make Japanese cars so basically when you say I hate Ricers you hate the Japanese!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blackspyda13
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Define the term "Ricer"   Define the term "Ricer" EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 5:12 pm

I dont take the term that litteraly but I do see it as almost racist since all import lovers tend to be lumped into the same category of rice. Ive seen tons of cars import and domestic that I would consider "ricey" or just way tooo flashy with tons of useless parts glued, taped, and rivited to a perfectly good car. Thats what I consider rice.

Last edited by on Fri 21 Dec 2007, 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Greatgulley

Greatgulley

PostSubject: Re: Define the term "Ricer"   Define the term "Ricer" EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 5:13 pm

I just don't see Ricer any other way then racist!
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Define the term "Ricer"   Define the term "Ricer" EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 5:39 pm

well its good to se a domestic guy with that outlook.
Back to top Go down
Greatgulley

Greatgulley

PostSubject: Re: Define the term "Ricer"   Define the term "Ricer" EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 5:48 pm

Don't get me wrong I'd Choose a Nissan Skyline Over this Mustang anyday but I love my American Muscle!
Back to top Go down
LaydOut

LaydOut

PostSubject: Re: Define the term "Ricer"   Define the term "Ricer" EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 5:59 pm

Disco
Quote :
Ive seen tons of cars import and domestic that I would consider "ricey"
or just way tooo flashy with tons of useless parts glued, taped, and
rivited to a perfectly good car. Thats what I consider rice.

That is what i consider rice as well, not just imports but any vehicle
Back to top Go down
sir90hatch
Super Mugenator
sir90hatch

PostSubject: Re: Define the term "Ricer"   Define the term "Ricer" EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 6:42 pm

LaydOutAccord1 wrote:
Disco
Quote :

x2
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sir90hatch
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: Define the term "Ricer"   Define the term "Ricer" EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 6:50 pm

sir90hatch wrote:
LaydOutAccord1 wrote:
Disco
Quote :

x2

X3 cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/guitarchan16
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: Define the term "Ricer"   Define the term "Ricer" EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 6:53 pm

Here are a few examples:
A few of mine are:

Unpainted Body Kits (don't like body kits to begin with, but don't get it if you can't afford to get it painted)

Big Wing Spoilers (AKA Shopping Cart Spoilers)

Pointless JDM stuff (ie. student driver emblem)

Dual exhaust on a 4 Banger Civic...it's just not ment to be (and you're losing power)

Bolting on a front mount intercooler so it LOOKS like you're turboed. Define the term "Ricer" 502821
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/guitarchan16
sir90hatch
Super Mugenator
sir90hatch

PostSubject: Re: Define the term "Ricer"   Define the term "Ricer" EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 6:58 pm

GSRCivic wrote:
Here are a few examples:
A few of mine are:

Big Wing Spoilers (AKA Shopping Cart Spoilers)

Pointless JDM stuff (ie. student driver emblem)

I gotta big spoiler, but its JDM lol!

And theres nothin wrong with JDM bling bling, as long as its authentic
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sir90hatch
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Define the term "Ricer"   Define the term "Ricer" EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 7:09 pm

no jacking
Back to top Go down
89 ranger

89 ranger

PostSubject: Re: Define the term "Ricer"   Define the term "Ricer" EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 7:36 pm

wing body kit 100 spoke rims ( too many spokes to count and im not talking bout wire wheels) loud/annoying fart can and neons. tons of carbon fiber like a hood and spoiler and all
Back to top Go down
http://www.whynotfab.com
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: Define the term "Ricer"   Define the term "Ricer" EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 7:39 pm

We know what looks like rice but what about the ricer himself what classifies a type of person as a ricer too.
Back to top Go down
Greatgulley

Greatgulley

PostSubject: Re: Define the term "Ricer"   Define the term "Ricer" EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 8:21 pm

Disco wrote:
We know what looks like rice but what about the ricer himself what classifies a type of person as a ricer too.

A Poser!
Back to top Go down
Buss-man1994

Buss-man1994

PostSubject: Re: Define the term "Ricer"   Define the term "Ricer" EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 8:49 pm

me a ricer is not a bad thing just the people calling us ricers cuz we like imports and try to race them, they think a four cylinders are slow and only good for gas but i have been into imports for 8 years now and being a ricer is just a name that people who do not have the car freak in them (what my wife calls it) because call me a ricer anyday i got a body kit that is not painted but that is what i like to make a car look total different than factory but you wont see it in a car show till it is done
Back to top Go down
Cody-Subaru-WRX

Cody-Subaru-WRX

PostSubject: Re: Define the term "Ricer"   Define the term "Ricer" EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 9:11 pm

were all ricers in our hearts
Back to top Go down
Buss-man1994

Buss-man1994

PostSubject: Re: Define the term "Ricer"   Define the term "Ricer" EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 10:07 pm

ricer till i die
Back to top Go down
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Define the term "Ricer"   Define the term "Ricer" EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 10:23 pm

Terrible lighting, terrible colormatching of EVERYTHING, Big wings, Obscene Bodykits, etc

I dunno, i just like the subtle clean look of most cars.
Back to top Go down
KongGMC

KongGMC

PostSubject: Re: Define the term "Ricer"   Define the term "Ricer" EmptySat 22 Dec 2007, 12:22 am

The term rice has transformed over the past few years. When people first started using the phrase rice burner it was simply any japanese vehicle. Now people use the lump tacky el cheapo modifications into the category of rice. I disagree with that. I think it should just be called "tacky", "rediculous", "garbage"... you get the idea. I own a Japo car so don't get offended with me but I still classify anything from Japan or any other Asian car for that matter as rice. That's just a mentality I have. I have owned 4 and loved all of them to include my current rice burner. I still call it rice.
Back to top Go down
LordofChaos

PostSubject: Re: Define the term "Ricer"   Define the term "Ricer" EmptySat 22 Dec 2007, 12:24 am

Disco wrote:
I dont take the term that litteraly but I do see it as almost racist since all import lovers tend to be lumped into the same category of rice. Ive seen tons of cars import and domestic that I would consider "ricey" or just way tooo flashy with tons of useless parts glued, taped, and rivited to a perfectly good car. Thats what I consider rice.

i agree

i believe that 'ricer' is a mindset, not a type of car or person... they usually think their vehicle is shit hot, their shit dont stink, and its way faster than it really is, everyone elses car is crap... and they have all the excuses when they lose like 'my car has more hp per liter than yours does' yada yada yada
Back to top Go down
http://www.injectedvids.com
Greatgulley

Greatgulley

PostSubject: Re: Define the term "Ricer"   Define the term "Ricer" EmptySat 22 Dec 2007, 12:33 am

Ricer may refer to:

• Potato ricer, an implement used for food preparation
  • Rice burner, a pejorative used initially to describe Asian-made — specifically Japanese-made — motorcycles and automobiles. Many variations have also been used, such as rice rocket for Japanese sport bikes. More contemporary use of the term rice burner, along with the prefix rice, has taken on an alternate pejorative meaning for an automobile that has been modified to give impression of high performance, but does not necessarily have any high-performance capabilities (RICE - Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements).

From wikipedia!
Back to top Go down
89 ranger

89 ranger

PostSubject: Re: Define the term "Ricer"   Define the term "Ricer" EmptySat 22 Dec 2007, 12:38 am

i also usually consider any import car a ricer unless it lays extremly low on switches and then some are still ricy. i do however like a cleen looking car. and some cars that look nice are not concidered ricey to me its just the fact that i am a minitrucker at heart and an old school hot roder.
Back to top Go down
http://www.whynotfab.com
KongGMC

KongGMC

PostSubject: Re: Define the term "Ricer"   Define the term "Ricer" EmptySat 22 Dec 2007, 12:42 am

Greatgulley wrote:
Ricer may refer to:

• Potato ricer, an implement used for food preparation
  • Rice burner, a pejorative used initially to describe Asian-made — specifically Japanese-made — motorcycles and automobiles. Many variations have also been used, such as rice rocket for Japanese sport bikes. More contemporary use of the term rice burner, along with the prefix rice, has taken on an alternate pejorative meaning for an automobile that has been modified to give impression of high performance, but does not necessarily have any high-performance capabilities (RICE - Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements).

From wikipedia!

LOL!
Back to top Go down
pjsj26

pjsj26

PostSubject: Re: Define the term "Ricer"   Define the term "Ricer" EmptySat 22 Dec 2007, 12:42 am

the 1st time I heard the term rice burner was when my friends dad who rides a harley called my dads bike a rice burner. I think it seems kinda racist too. but I think a ricer is the shopping cart handle, covering a nice paint job with crome stickers or tape. I agree with gsrcivic on that one. I do think its fun do beat them and here the excuses they have though. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Define the term "Ricer"   Define the term "Ricer" Empty

Back to top Go down

Define the term "Ricer"
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next