RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The latest development in my mind.

Go down 
+9
95shitegra
Reign_Maker
gdubber
Evo_Stone
Pourman
GSRCivic
Disco
Dan
Moose
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

The latest development in my mind. Empty
PostSubject: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 1:49 am

Birdy for mod when the switch happens.

Even though he doesn't do anything(I <10-7 Cliff), Cliff will be gone so you guys will be short a man. Plus, I'm online at all times. Even when I'm away from my computer I use my phone. Sad, huh?

Also, I've met a lot of the posters so I'm inclined to be a tad nicer. Another point is that I'm a forum nazi about following rules.

Think it over, fools.

flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 1:51 am

bwahahahaha lol they have computers in the desert.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 1:56 am

Weeeak!
Back to top Go down
Moose

Moose

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 2:41 am

lawls, it never hurts to have an extra mod lying around though, right ??
Back to top Go down
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 2:48 am

I faintly recall a post by Will that stated he didn't care about being a mod here, and that he was a mod at the better D2m. If only the damn search function worked, i dont feel like sifting threw the posts manually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 3:04 am

I would elaborate more... but I'll just say that this site needs a more active mod/admin. I'll leave it at that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 3:05 am

you dont have to sugar coat it. im lazy, i know it lol.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 3:08 am

We try to leave it as open as possible. Especially with the influx of people complaining about post deletion. Were not here to be Nazi's and run a commy forum lol.

Last edited by on Fri 04 Jan 2008, 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 3:08 am

I wasn't just talking about you Suspect
Back to top Go down
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 3:30 am

Ok birdy here's my take on you, if this is a serious idea about yourself becomming a mod.

You are a knowledgeable person, full of alot of useful information which is very beneficial to this forum. You are also a 1 of a kind character which i enjoy the company of, because i have the same taste in humor and music. What you lack is self discipline and professionalism, and that alone would be my deciding factor on you not becomming a mod.

I know this is really only a joke, but thats my view on you.

And don't worry, i still The latest development in my mind. 214402 you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 3:35 am

Well, then you don't know me well enough.

I was just talking to Cliff about how I conduct my "shit talking" which I'm sure is why you chose to say I lack the two above. I don't make fun or insult people unless I know something about them or it's previously stated with proof. Take Capri and I's cute little battle. What I said wasn't just mean, it is what I have experienced. The things I said were not fallacies pulled out of my ass to insult her. Professionalism? Dan? Really? Sooner or later, you "people" will realize that being an Admin and/or Mod is not a real job. Granted it takes some dedication at times, you need to lighten up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 3:38 am

im light.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 3:39 am

I know it's not a job per se, but when you try to keep a forum under rules and regulations, it turns into something that needs to be done, and not something i just do because i can. I personally want this forum to be a great community, not some slum of shit talkers and personal bs rivalries.

And you are right will i dont know you well enough, but the image you present yourself as on the forums is a jackass. Now i can easily cut threw the BS myself and laugh, but some others don't see you that way. You speak your mind too easily and some people take offense to that, and things in general too easily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 3:42 am

If everyone spoke their mind as "easily" as I did, there would be no cry babies. I can not like someone's car but respect them as a person. That's how it works.

Lets pick someone out... Dude with the green bagged Accord - I think bags are gay. It's not my style and I think its a waste. I think it makes the cars look retarded and I hate his paint scheme. His tail lights bother the shit out of me as well. His car is very clean and well taken care of though. Also, I met him at this past meet and he's a pretty cool guy that was good to BS around with.

If everyone would stop sugar coating opinions, there would be no problems.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 3:42 am

agreed. i see the humor in everything, but im one33seven like that.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 3:46 am

Understandable will, but not everyone takes opinions the same way. Nor do we live in the perfect world that you see fit.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 3:47 am

Just as an example capri, nothing personal at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 3:49 am

Exakree.
Back to top Go down
Disco
Administrizzle
Disco

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 9:26 am

I might take this site a little too seriously but I believe that is what makes it a good forum. Personal representation is everything is everything on the internet. How you convey yourself in one single post can effect the way everyone views you for the rest of the time they see you posting.

Example...One kid on here went off on you birdy for absolutley nothing it was completely unjustified and totally wrong. But he had seen numerous other posts where you were...ummm...obtuse and argumenative. SOoooo he naturally had his gaurd and defense up and flew off the handle as soon as he saw your post in his thread. And if you remember correctly it was handeled very quickly and went no further than one or two posts. "active mod/admin. I'll leave it at that."

As for "active mod/admin" I know how much time I put into this site and most of the other Mods and Admin. I also know we dont want an over modded forum here just for the sake of keeping a couple people happy. If the populus wants their posts left alone then thats the way itll be, as long as the post is not directly insulting. This is a site for the locals to express themselves and enjoy other racers. We want all our members to feel welcome and right at home posting.

Also we still have what I consider a low member count and minimal daily posts but I will speak to all the other mods and admin at our next meeting which we have about once a week and we will see what they all say. This is not a dictatorship its a democracy so we will have a vote. GL

PS im Glad to hear that your enjoying this site sooooo much that you have considered to lend your services to us for the betterment of the site!!!
flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flowerflower flower flower flower flower flowerflower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 10:00 am

Just to put in my two cents...

As to "not sugar coat" my opinion, I think you've blown your chances at being a beneficial mod. Too many people have lost their respect for your opinion do to you being so "OPEN MINDED". It doesn't matter if your rude comments are "validated" because you think you have "proof" or not, it just happens too often and everyone on the site got tired of it quickly.

All of your complaining about how this site isn't as good as D2M, how the mods/admin aren't doing their "job", and having something bad to say about everyone's car and everyone's opinion just won't fly. I think there are simply too many people on the site that would leave if they found out that you were a mod because they've lost respect for you and would lose respect for the site if that happened.

Don't get me wrong, I have gotten use to you more and you're a pretty cool guy and all, but I just don't think it would be a good idea. But as Disco stated, "it's not a dictatorship, it's a democracy" so we'll see. The latest development in my mind. 550103
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/guitarchan16

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 10:02 am

ill vote for will.

there hasnt been a time that i havent supported your humor.

im just not aloud to is all lol.

but ill put in my vote for ya.

if people leave because your a mod, then they dont need to be on the internet anyways.
Back to top Go down
Moose

Moose

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 10:12 am

i guess i have the same sense of humor as birdy and i just figured that most of the other members wouldn't take everything so personally. but hey im not a mod or admin so i dun rly matter ^_^ (in this discussion @ least)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 10:19 am

you matter to me moose.
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 10:29 am

Everyone's opinion matters... The latest development in my mind. 895837

...unless of course it's "sugar coated"... lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/guitarchan16

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 10:55 am

In response to my complaining about the site...

My major complaints were: It's not vB, there are too many sections, and people were too nice.

So far what is going to happen when the switch happens?: It's going to be vB, I'm sure there won't be as many sections, and there will be real RULES. Sounds like it wasn't all in vein Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. Empty

Back to top Go down

The latest development in my mind.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next