RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE850.COM IS THE NEW BALLER STATUS

WE HAVE MOVED TO RACE850.COM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The latest development in my mind.

Go down 
+9
95shitegra
Reign_Maker
gdubber
Evo_Stone
Pourman
GSRCivic
Disco
Dan
Moose
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 7:43 am

I agre with birdy, i do like vB alot better. But i don't think we have enough on our plate to worry about yet to get a better forum setup. phpBB will be fine for as many members as we have. And we have knowledgeable personell to work on the scripting and forum structure as needed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 7:49 am

Keep telling yourself that.
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 11:12 am

Wow birdy...you always have a comment for everything... Rolling Eyes

You know those "highschoolers" you were refering to and how immature they are and how you remember being that way. Well maybe it's because you still have a habit of acting that way. Your sarcasm isn't funny anymore after a certain point... Neutral

You don't ALWAYS have to make a jackass comment about everything anyone says...so, let's work on that, k... The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 214402
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/guitarchan16

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 11:16 am

I understand what you're saying but I comment on everything because I usually disagree Wink

aka

I disagree with Dan thinking that Phbbbzzz will suffice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 11:22 am

i still think he is funny.?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 11:26 am

Shhhh, you can't voice your real opinion or agree with me. You're an Admin. Put that mask back on.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 12:22 pm

Haha, maybe one day will will realize that the world doesn't revolve around him. Until than, keep up the sarcasm buddy and try to justify your opinions The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 550103
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 12:25 pm

I hate to burst your bubble but race850 isn't the world.

The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 550103The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 550103
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 12:37 pm

Clifford wrote:
i still think he is funny.?

What's the question mark for? I guess you don't even know if you think he's funny or not...

birdy wrote:
I understand what you're saying but I comment on everything because I usually disagree

But still...come on...it does get annoying. Just sayin... bom
Back to top Go down
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 12:41 pm

Oh, you got me good! /sarcasm

I call 'em as i see 'em. But keep going, im bored and eating.

The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 550103 The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 550103
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 12:41 pm

The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 2278
Back to top Go down
Moose

Moose

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 12:57 pm

do you guys remember those troll toys??!?!?! ^_^
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 1:21 pm

Yeah...looked something like this if I remember correctly...

The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 8e9kbpl

The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 502821
Back to top Go down
Dan
Asian Zing
Dan

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 1:31 pm

Omg bahahahaha.. lol!

...hahahaha The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 502821 The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 502821 The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 502821 The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 502821 The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 502821 The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 502821
Back to top Go down
gdubber
Monsterator
gdubber

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 3:15 pm

hahaha
Back to top Go down
http://www.panhandledubs.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 5:07 pm

They should put me on a key chain.
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic
Smooth Moderator
GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 5:22 pm

I'd buy a bobble head Birdy Troll... The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 550103
Back to top Go down
95shitegra

95shitegra

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 7:26 pm

Well the Pensacola people need a mod or admin too cheers

Will for Prez 08 The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 447406
Back to top Go down
Reign_Maker
Admin
Reign_Maker

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 8:59 pm

birdy wrote:
Keep telling yourself that.
Why dont you drop some knowledge and let us know why YOU feel phbb is so inferior... What can Vb give us that phbb cant... Seriously, Im curious to know... Because I dont object to paying for the Vb, IF its worth that much...
birdy wrote:
Shhhh, you can't voice your real opinion or agree with me. You're an Admin. Put that mask back on.
See, here is where you're SOOOOO wrong... Cliff has every right to find you funny, agree or disagree with what you say... Why would Cliff be in trouble for liking you? Shit lil buddy, IIIIII like you, but I still think yur a dick at times and lack tact... I said before you were like a little brother, and you are to me... Sometimes I wanna put you in a headlock and give you a noogies, but doesnt mean I dont care, lol...

I think what REALLY agrivates me about you is that you have SO much to offer, but you cant settle down long enough to let that side of you shown and known... Yur like a kid with A.D.D. or something, bouncing off walls... But when you sit down and act serious, you really DO have something to say... You CAN behave, you CHOOSE not to... I believe you COULD make a good mod, but IMO, you have a lot of growing up to do, or at least, settling down to do...

And that's my 2 cents..... From the head "fairie"... The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 73064
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 9:04 pm

I probably should get tested for ADD/ADHD again. The tests in 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th, 10th, and 11th grade all came back negative. I wonder if shit's changed? Nahh...

I do put forth info. The majority of the time, I am cracking myself up when I type. That is why my posts are so critical and worded so harshly. Beating around the bush is laaaame.

Quote :
Just a couple of days ago, I wrote an argument for using vBulletin instead in my blog here. Anyway, I'll summarise why I prefer vBulletin over PHPBB (and I have used both for long periods of time (6 months +) so I'm not judging on a quick browser on the demos of one or the other.

Basically, PHPBB is free and you have to give it credit for that, but if you ever want to give the right impression to your visitors (especially important if it is a business forum) then vBulletin is the choice, because it isn't free and therefore you show your users quality. With PHPBB the impression is usually that the board is free so the site owner isn't willing to invest money in his users.

PHPBB is a board that is free of frills, and in this sense it is admirable, but when I had a PHPBB board, I always had to hack it for little simple things. vBulletin comes with these features (and they can also be easily turned off thanks to the great admin panel). My users love them so much more, and the features being standard makes upgrading the board so much easier, and the board in general much more secure.

That is another thing the PHPBB board lacks; security. There are constantly loads of holes, and timely updates that require doing. While on PHPBB, I had my board hacked numerous times, but in the 6 months I have had vBulletin I haven't had it hacked once. Plus, I've only needed to upgrade the boards once during that time.

VBulletin also has a better community behind it that are willing to do great mods, just take a look at vbulletin.org to see those, although the free style selection is nowhere near as good as for PHPBB. In summary, if you want to look pro or please your visitors get vBulletin. If you don't think they need all the features (and there are lots of useful ones in there) and you can't afford it, then PHPBB is the best option. It isn't as if vBulletin is expensive though, $85 a year is well worth it, and I've noticed a substantial growth increase after upgrading to vB. I'm only 15, and I can afford it, so I don't see why other people should have a problem in purchasing it. Purchasing it, just shows that you are prepared to invest time in your community.

Quote :
It's a no brainer. I've administered vBulletin, Invision and have a friend with a phpBB which I've done bits on too.

vBulletin wins hands down.

You have to pay but it's not much for the far superior product. If the forum you are hoping to set up is worth the effort of installing, promoting, driving the threads and people to it, moderating against idiots and spammers then it's worth the licence fee.

Quote :
Vbulletin is WAY better than any other forum software. VB is processing data from about 80 tables while phpbb2 40, IPB 64...

Still VB is faster in page loading. Hence I think VB is the best forum software.

Quote :
Well its from my testing that found VB is better. The test server was a P4 1.4GHZ home machine with 128MB RAM over a 64kbps internet connection.

The s/w were installed as seperate folders on this machine and asked some of my friends to check the page loading time. Most of them commented as VB being faster.

Quote :
I was using a free forum for two of my sites, had a gut full when they started serving adsense in the forum.

When I went to change I went to the forums I found as a user to be the best [vBulletin].

As for the cost, we can't afford it... so I asked for a donation of owned versions and got 2 for our charitable sites.

They didn't do it cause I would make this post - I've asked for help for our non-profit work 1 million times and been told no and yes so many times.

When a company has no real profit in donating other than contributing what they can to help [e.g. not marketing exposure] it really get's my attention and respect.

So yes, vBulletin is the ultimate forum software - I knew this that's why I sought out the donation... they just get extra points in my book cause they wouldn't let us pay for it.

In terms of using it - there is nothing I want to do with it as a forum and can't.
Back to top Go down
ails98

ails98

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 EmptyTue 15 Jan 2008, 2:36 am

Haha i feel kinda pathetic. I read all of these post just to put my 2 cents in bout this and i could have just typed.

Ok birdy i dont know you personally so its probly y i dont get your sence of humor an thats understandable.....but when this site first started and you joined. I think you probly said 1 positive thing bout anything you posted on an it was probly bout u lol. The thing is i agree with chandler. I think you blew your chance of mod. All your negative post and wanting to start shit with almost every one caused that problem. I mean u have calmed down since then and its great. But i mean honeslty you would bitch about everything to some ones cars all the way down to their typing and spelling. Seriously thats just sad man. An the whole lets throw im a mod at D2M.....fantastic for you but ur not one here so dont try an force it to happen. An one last thing cliff is only gone for 4 months and im pretty sure disco an reign_maker can survive with just 2 mods for 4 months lol

p.s. I noticed said every one is to nice on this site. But personally thats y i love it if every one was an ass hole an acted like jerks we would be like some other forums out there. AN that wouldn't attract people to our forum. It would shot them away. SO if ur idea of getting people to a forum is being an ass then u might want to re-think ur idea lol
Back to top Go down
dijitil

dijitil

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 EmptyTue 15 Jan 2008, 5:35 am

After reading this post I became very interested in the technical aspects of the argument. I did a quick search on my favorite security site and came up with this...

Link 1

I just wanted to throw that out there for the Mods to take into consideration when choosing their forum software, keep in mind though that anything you choose will have its flaws and can be exploitable, it was only written by men and therefore can be broken by them also...Forums usually harbor alot of attacks against them due to the community nature they have. With that said I would consider reading up on some of these exploits to prepare yourself for the worst...In the matter of birdy being a mod or not, I think he would do fine, I think anyone on this forum willing to dedicate the time to fairly monitor the board is overly capable...Everyone is entitled to their opinions, thats why this is a "discussion" board Birdy obviously doesnt mean anything personal by his posts, hes clearly stated that, he may have struck a nerve with some, sorry guys it's the internet there are alot of people and alot of opinions, just have fun... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 EmptyTue 15 Jan 2008, 11:41 am

So, when are you guys going vB?
Back to top Go down
Reign_Maker
Admin
Reign_Maker

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 EmptyWed 16 Jan 2008, 1:49 am

Diji, all those problems were with 2.0 or older... Just to let ya know, we arent using phpBB Ver. 2.0 or older... But Im sure the version we'd be using would have its faults...

Birdy, we're looking into it...
Back to top Go down
dijitil

dijitil

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 EmptyWed 16 Jan 2008, 1:59 am

Yea I saw where someone said you would be using 3.0, I was just throwing some info out there on the subject alot of XSS (cross site scripting) attacks carry over into newer versions of software though, as they are often overlooked. Just thought you guys might want to weigh out your optionis before become dedicated to one platform. Hope i helped some...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The latest development in my mind.   The latest development in my mind. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The latest development in my mind.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next